What is the Manual QA Tester salary? Well, according to Glassdoor, in the US, the national average Manual QA Tester salary is $72,970, while Ziprecruiter.com indicates a median manual tester salary of $ 79,731.
Manual testing is considered a rewarding career option because of attractive payouts with excellent work-life balance & growth opportunities. According to StudyFinds, a QA analyst is second on the list of happiest jobs in America. According to LinkedIn, The global Software Quality Assurance market size was valued at USD 1772.81 million in 2022 and is expected to expand at a CAGR of 14.47% during the forecast period, reaching USD 3989.57 million by 2028, which means there is an increase in demand for QA testers but not enough qualified people to fill these positions.
The employment of quality assurance analysts and testers holding credible QA certification is projected to flourish by 22 percent by 2030, much faster than the average for all jobs. Do you also want to work within the testing ecosystem with loaded compensations? A manual tester can be an ideal role to begin with. Continue reading to find out:
- Key factors that affect the manual testing salary
- Top giants hiring Manual testers with the highest manual QA tester salary
- QA manual tester salary as per different job portals --- Indeed and Glassdoor
- Manual QA tester salary range from junior to senior level
- Manual tester salary based on top locations like - the UK, USA, Canada, Australia, India
- Skillset to add to a Manual tester resume
- Similar jobs with salary outlook
- How to become a manual tester
Before we go on the manual testing salary insights and the factors that affect it, let’s quickly check the significance of manual testing in today’s digital era, who is a manual tester, and what responsibilities they perform to earn a lucrative manual qa tester salary.
QA Software Testing Training
- No cost for a Demo Class
- Industry Expert as your Trainer
- Available as per your schedule
- Customer Support Available
Who is A Manual QA Tester & What Are Their Responsibilities?
A manual tester creates test plans for both new and existing software. They also plan to debug the codes. The essence of the specialty is to check the software for any errors, with their further correction manually. It plays a vital role in the life cycle of the product aimed at improving its quality. And that is why it is essential to possess the required skills and knowledge to become a manual tester. They have to perform multiple tasks and be perfect in what they do. Let us check out some of the responsibilities of a QA tester and the skills required.
- Development of test procedures and cases based upon requirements
- Manual execution of the test procedures
- Test procedure walkthrough
- Conduct of tests and preparation of reports on test progress and regression testing
- Adherence to test standards
- Good understanding of GUI design-usability eros are often uncovered during manual testing
- Proficiency in testing
- Proficiency in designing test suites
- proficiency in business area of the application under test
Let's Cut the Chase - How Much is the QA Manual Tester Salary for Freshers and Experienced?
The average manual testing salary is $79,700 annually, equal to $38 per hour. But this is just the average; the manual tester salary, in reality, differs based on multiple factors like job skills, locations, employer, negotiation skills & more such related factors. We will make sure that by the end of this, you will know how to become a successful manual tester and have detailed knowledge of it.
Top Giants Paying Highest Manual QA Tester Salary
Here are few renowned names of brands that are all year hiring & paying lucrative manual QA tester salary to freshers & experienced ones.
What top giant brands hire manual testing professionals at the highest average manual software tester salary?
Here are a few renowned names of brands that are all year hiring & paying lucrative manual QA tester salaries to freshers & experienced ones.
- Google - Average between $67,871 - $113,874 per year
- Facebook - $74,969 - $145,000 per year
- Amazon - $100,796 on average per year
- IBM - average between $51,489 - $108,578 per year
- HP - average between $44,434 - $109,356 per year
- Microsoft - $81770 on average per year
- Fast Switch - $89,000 on average per year
- Synechron - $70,000 on average per year
- Randstad USA - $87,000 on average per year
- Populus group - $96,000 on average per year
- Hexaware Technologies - $61,000 on average per year
- Alliance Consulting Group - $73,000 on average per year
Although company size is a vital factor when it comes to deciding which place to work, it plays a crucial role in manual qa tester salary. Next, we will check the manual quality assurance salary range on popular job sites.
Manual Testing Salary for Beginner, Mid-Level & Advanced Professionals
A significant factor that affects the manual testing salary is the level of experience one holds. Manual testing salary for freshers will be different from that of an experienced one. Let’s see how much is the entry-level, mid-level, and senior QA manual tester salary.
- The entry-level manual tester salary, on average, can be between $55,000 to $63743 per year.
- The mid-level QA manual software tester salary can be between $63,743 to $81.680 per year.
- While the senior manual tester salary can be between $93,448 to $120,000 per year.
Although experience is undoubtedly a considerable factor in your overall manual quality assurance salary. It is also affected by the location where you work. So, let's jump into the next segment of manual testing salary in different locations.
Read: Why is it important to learn QA Testing?
Manual Testing Salary in Different Work Locations - Across the Globe!
If you are up for relocating and would like to travel globally for a better manual testing salary, here are your options.
- A Manual Tester Salary in the USA
- An average manual tester salary in the USA is $79,700 per year, which could be $38 per hour, according to a report by ZipRecruiter.
- QA Manual Tester Salary in the UK
- As per Glassdoor, the average manual tester salary is £40,119 in the UK.
- QA Manual Tester Salary in India
- The average manual tester salary in India is INR 4,74,736 annually.
- QA Manual Tester Salary in Canada
- As per Glassdoor, the average manual QA tester salary in Canada is CA$67,884 annually.
- QA Manual Tester Salary in Australia
- As per Glassdoor, the average manual tester salary in Australia is AU$80,000 annually.
List of cities paying the highest manual tester salary near the United States.
Manual Testing Salary in Different Industries - Let’s Know How Much they Make?
Another factor affecting the manual tester salary in the industry you work in. Another advantage of working as a QA is that many industries employ testers to develop better software. In the finance sector, manual testers can earn an average salary of $92,918 per year. Here are the few industries besides finance where manual testing salary is worthwhile.
- Tech- $70,000 on average yearly
- Healthcare- $79,000 on average yearly
- Telecommunication- $78,000 on average yearly
- Manufacturing- $73,000 on average yearly
- Professional- $78,000 on average yearly
- Energy- $89,000 on average yearly
Although which industry you work in is undoubtedly an important consideration when deciding where to work, it is also essential to consider the skills that you need for a high manual testing salary. Next, we will review the significant hard and soft skills you should add to your resume for a better payout range.
QA Manual Tester Salary Based on Different Job Portals
Below are the insights on the average Manual software tester salary on popular job portals like Indeed, Glassdoor, Talent, etc.
QA Manual Tester Salary - Based on Indeed’s Job Postings
Indeed has more than 3958+ Manual tester jobs posted in the US. As per the Indeed job postings, the average manual tester salary is $77,750 per year in the United States and a $3,000 cash bonus per year.
Manual QA Tester Salary - Based on Glassdoor’s Job Postings
According to Glassdoor, the average manual tester salary is $69,057 in the United States.
QA Manual Tester Salary - Based on Talent’s Job Postings
The average manual QA tester salary is $80,000 annually. The entry-level positions begin at $65,000 per year, while most experienced workers make up to $105,117 per year.
Dice alone has job postings of more than 13,622 for Manual testing roles in the US. Linkedin has over 24,000+ Manual testing jobs in the US alone.
Factors Affecting Manual Testing Salary
There is no doubt that testers play a vital role in a company. Companies want to hire someone who can efficiently test software and come up with inputs on what the software does and how well it does it so that the business can measure the quality of the software before it goes live. So, here are some of the key factors that make employers prepared to pay the highest salaries for qualified and skilled manual testers:
- Work Location
- Training & Certification
- Knowledge & Skills
- Company Scale & type
- Interview and resume
- Experience Level
1. Work Location
Job location creates a substantial impact on your compensation opportunities. Demand & supply of certain professions, like manual testing, are different in different places because of the cost of living in the city. Hence, it may be why you earn less QA manual testing salary. Better move to locations like the UK, USA, Canada, India, and Australia as the demand is enormous & pay is comparatively even bigger.
2. Manual Testing Training & Certification
Manual Testing seems very easy, but it requires crucial skills & certification to validate your actual knowledge in the eyes of recruiters. If you fail to show the right skills, you might be hired for training but could be underpaid.
It would be better to take time in hand & get Manual testing training and become certified in manual testing methods and techniques and then demand the expected salary. By becoming a trained & certified testing professional, you can prioritize your candidature over non-certified professionals and seek better earning opportunities.
3. Experience Level
Experience or seniority level is another factor in your manual testing salary. If you are starting as a fresher, there is no way you can expect to start earning senior QA manual testers with years of experience. The more experience you have, the more your package grows.
Getting the desired paycheck with experience is a slow but definite process. Have patience, keep up with your knowledge base & keep striding!
4. Required Skillset & Knowledge
In this 21st century, software industries are moving quickly. Companies are looking for skilled and knowledgeable candidates who can match their adverts for the job vacancy. If you have the relevant skills & knowledge, it can increase your chances of bagging a high manual testing salary. So, while applying for testing jobs, go through their skills & job duty requirements and match that to the knowledge you have ingrained through online QA training program to become a QA Tester.
5. Company scale & type
Every company has a different investment size, customer base & resource requirements, which is why they all differ in manual tester payscale. The bigger the company will be, the more prominent will be its QA manual software tester salary allocation and vice versa. Besides, there will be more software to test, requiring high-end manual testing teams at a high-level manual QA tester Salary.
6. Interview & Resume
Having the skill set and certifications would only be enough to get you a job with the desired payout if you cannot showcase them correctly on your resume and during the interview. Manual Tester interviews & resumes also define the pay scale. The better you can show your caliber through them, the better the manual QA tester salary you will get.
Skills to Add to Resume for Better Manual Testing Salary
Most companies seek candidates proficient in programming languages, testing tools, and techniques. SDLC & STLC are a must-have. The skills are a must because testers must work through different technology tools and techniques and work on programming languages efficiently. Below is the list of critical technical & people skills you must have in your manual tester resume to land better jobs & paychecks.
Other Jobs with Salaries Related to QA Manual Tester Job
If you do not want to restrict yourself to the same profile & want to explore more career titles & opportunities after completing the QA manual tester training with further upskilling, then here are your options:
- QA analyst - $87,000 on average per year
- System Tester - $88,000 on average per year
- Automation Engineer - $84,000 on average per year
- QA Engineer- $79,000 on average per year
- Test Engineer- $80,000 on average per year
- Software test engineer - $77,000 on average per year
- Automation test engineer - $78,000 on average per year
So, here are some of the similar professions related to QA tester & manual tester salary. What's next? Let’s check quick tips on boosting your manual testing salary.
How to Become a Manual Tester and Tips to Improve Your Manual QA Tester
Generally, in software testing, repetitive, high-frequency automation tests are easy. Still, it is more challenging when it comes to QA manual testing. Continue reading to learn the prerequisites for a career in QA manual testing.
A bachelor’s degree focusing on computer science or information technology is a good starting point. A degree in engineering or mathematics will be valuable as well. Some employers will prefer you to have a master’s degree in a related field as well. But at the same time, it is your skills that matters.
You can increase your prospects for a QA manual tester career by earning Manual Testing Training & Certification from Janbask Training and mastering the software testing concepts like test case development, different types of testing, software testing methodologies, test case design techniques, different levels of testing, testing environment, and testing tools, etc. You will also work on real-time projects to gain relevant skills and experience that can change your career graph.
4. Experience and skills
To embark on a successful career as a manual tester, you must understand the fundamentals of manual testing. It involves all testing techniques, tools required, and many other requirements. Here is a basic overview of the skillset you must possess.
- Testing knowledge
- Agile working methodologies
- Constantly learn
- Excellent communication skills
- Project management
- Analytical skills
- Automation testing
- Critical thinking
You will uncover companies that want their QA manual testers to have years of experience. Others will be happy to take on motivated newcomers. You can also start a QA manual testing career working as a freelancer. With the right mindset and motivation sky is the limit.
If you want to increase your QA manual tester salary, here are quick tips to accelerate your career path.
- Stay updated with the latest industry trends
- Upskill yourself with all demanding coding & technical skills
- Learn something new every day and polish your soft skills
- Strive to explore more and indispensably contribute to your current company’s growth
- Instead of going for general, focus on getting specialization in your field
- Look for the relevant QA training courses and certifications that can help in your job role
Well, we have covered it all. So, let's share our final thoughts on the manual testing salary.
QA Software Testing Training
- Personalized Free Consultation
- Access to Our Learning Management System
- Access to Our Course Curriculum
- Be a Part of Our Free Demo Class
Parting Words on Manual Testing Salary!
Manual testing isn’t dying anytime soon as long as automation & manual testing collaborate in action-based testing, where manual testers can help prepare for testing & check the product from human usability and automation testers can automate tests for faster product rollout.
We discussed what manual testing salary you can earn based on the world's popular locations, your experience level, with industry types & top giants.
We also talked about what skills you should add to your CV, to give it a boost for great negotiation. However, we also talked about the probable job titles that you can opt for, in case you want to switch for better job opportunities & paycheck.
Don’t hold up, manual testing is still a soaring profile. Plan a professional career around it by taking an effective Manual Testing Training & Certification with us, and start with a free demo class!
Frequently Asked Question of Manual Testing Salary
Q1). Is manual testing a good career?
The purpose of both manual & automation testing is to fill each other’s shoes. Automation testers aim to speed up the process of finding & fixing the bugs, with 100% test coverage, without clerical mistakes, while the role of manual testers is to check the gaps these tools missed and to test the overall human experience & usability for those digital products & software (which are ultimate to be consumed by humans not machines).
While if you are still afraid about “is manual testing a good career”, plan an upskill for the future in Automation Testing as well & become a complete resource who does both sides of manual & automation testing.
Q2). How to become a manual QA tester?
Ans:- On how to become a manual tester, take the manual training online, clear the certification, apply for the entry-level QA manual tester jobs or internships & start seeing a progression in your career. To branch into more wide career scope & paycheck, upskill & learn automation testing while walking down the experience line and this is all on how to become a manual QA tester.
Q3). Where are you paid the highest manual QA tester salary?
Ans:- The locations like Washington DC, Mountain View, CA, Baltimore, Raleigh, Maryland, Virginia, and Delaware pay quite the highest manual QA tester salary(s) to skilled & certified manual testers.
Q4). How much is the manual tester salary for freshers?
Ans:- When you are starting, you can expect to earn an average manual software tester salary between $55,000 to $65,000 per year.
Q5). How much is the senior manual tester salary?
Ans:- The average senior manual tester salary can be between $90,000 to $120,000 per year.
Also, let us in the comments below what you think about the manual testing future, is it bright or gloomy? What other thoughts do you have about the manual testing career, pour them out in the comments down below!
- AWS & Fundamentals of Linux
- Amazon Simple Storage Service
- Elastic Compute Cloud
- Databases Overview & Amazon Route 53
5 days 08 Dec 2023
- Intro to DevOps
- GIT and Maven
- Jenkins & Ansible
- Docker and Cloud Computing
5 days 08 Dec 2023
- Data Science Introduction
- Hadoop and Spark Overview
- Python & Intro to R Programming
- Machine Learning
5 days 08 Dec 2023
- Architecture, HDFS & MapReduce
- Unix Shell & Apache Pig Installation
- HIVE Installation & User-Defined Functions
- SQOOP & Hbase Installation
5 days 08 Dec 2023
- Salesforce Configuration Introduction
- Security & Automation Process
- Sales & Service Cloud
- Apex Programming, SOQL & SOSL
-0 day 03 Dec 2023
- Introduction and Software Testing
- Software Test Life Cycle
- Automation Testing and API Testing
- Selenium framework development using Testing
5 days 08 Dec 2023
- BA & Stakeholders Overview
- BPMN, Requirement Elicitation
- BA Tools & Design Documents
- Enterprise Analysis, Agile & Scrum
5 days 08 Dec 2023
MS SQL Server
- Introduction & Database Query
- Programming, Indexes & System Functions
- SSIS Package Development Procedures
- SSRS Report Design
20 days 23 Dec 2023
- Features of Python
- Python Editors and IDEs
- Data types and Variables
- Python File Operation
6 days 09 Dec 2023
- Components of AI
- Categories of Machine Learning
- Recurrent Neural Networks
- Recurrent Neural Networks
5 days 08 Dec 2023
- Introduction to Machine Learning & Python
- Machine Learning: Supervised Learning
- Machine Learning: Unsupervised Learning
12 days 15 Dec 2023
- Introduction to Tableau Desktop
- Data Transformation Methods
- Configuring tableau server
- Integration with R & Hadoop
5 days 08 Dec 2023