What is Salesforce?
Salesforce is one the topmost contenders in the CRM sector with its unique features for big giants as well as for start-ups. The world is moving towards Cloud computing due to its durability and excellent performance. Many people like you must have some questions regarding this widely known technology. Let’s discuss what is the current performance and future of Salesforce.com (SFDC) in the coming years.
The Global Industry Analysts Inc. expects the cloud computing market to grow by $127 billion by this year. Salesforce Lightning is a new addition which is widely adopted by the existing customers as well as new users. The industry is booming day by day and exponential growth in cloud computing and Analytics is going to stay for the next 20 years.
The unique Career path with Job Security
Read: How to Install and Use Salesforce ANT Migration Tools?
- Salesforce Development is the highly- demanded job in the industry.
- Multiple roles are available to play in Salesforce like you can be a developer, Business analyst or Admin as per the end client’s project requirement.
- Multiple modules and Domains are available in Salesforce to specialize your career in Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Salesforce Pardot, Community Cloud, Analytics, Mobile Platform (Salesforce-1), Force.com, Salesforce Quote-to-Cash, Einstein, and Salesforce Lightning.
After knowing the future growth, various roles and domains of SFDC, you must be curious to know is it that easy to learn such a multi-dimensional technology. Here we will tell you how easy it is to become a Salesforce consultant.
Read: Salesforce Object Search Language (SOSL)
Best Reasons to learn Salesforce
- It takes few weeks to learn Salesforce: Unlike other technologies, you only need few weeks to learn salesforce via online training. Online training is widely available for weekend or weekday sessions which give you the freedom of learning from your home/office. You just need to be fully committed and give your 100% to practice. You get free Salesforce.com development practice org to get started with your training.
- Salesforce Certification strengthens your resume: Your resume needs to look different from others to get your dream job. This is possible with Salesforce administrator or developer Certifications to get started at the beginning of your career. The eligibility for this exam is very simple, you need to be an administrative professional, have a clear idea of the SFDC out of box features and related concepts.
- Salesforce Community provides guidance to complete the task: After learning Salesforce you might not become a master in the beginning. For this need, Community Cloud defines everything you need to clear your doubts. You just need to popup a question and your fellow developer community members guide you step by step process to meet the project requirement.
- Salesforce Success Community: Access free Salesforce community to get an answer to tons of questions and answers or additional information and documentation around real-time Salesforce world. This motivates you and helps you gain the confidence as you move forward through your Salesforce learning curve.
- Job Security and a great future ahead: As we have already discussed the future growth of Salesforce. All the 80 top fortune companies out of 100 are using Salesforce Cloud computing. So, every top notch company has a job requirement for SFDC consultants for the next 5 years. And, the way Salesforce introducing new services to its customers, it is going to stay like a winner for sure. This means you have become a part of evergreen technology.
Now, you got to know the career path and best reasons to learn SFDC, you still have some concerns what exactly you need to do on a project. Let’s see some tasks which you might get on your project.
Read: How to Create Visualforce Page in Salesforce
Salesforce Consultant Prime Job Responsibilities:
- First of all, understanding the client’s business process, and then analyzing business requirements
- Understanding different features, and functionalities of those business requirements
- Start working on salesforce design aspects keeping best practices in your mind
- Start configuration on salesforce using out of box features (Standard features) first in Salesforce Development Org.
- Work on Salesforce Security features such as Roles, Profiles, Permissions, OWDs, Sharing Rules etc.
- Perform Development activities including Apex Classes, Triggers, Visualforce pages, Lightning components, Writing SOQL or SOSL queries etc.
- Complete the development, and start Unit Testing. Work on Data Migration related stuff.
- Support QA Testers to execute their test cases, and fix the bugs identified during the testing process
- At the end support the User’s acceptance testing to ensure the quality product is developed and tested before it gets deployed into Salesforce Production Org.
- You will have to perform basic administration tasks to support developers.
These above tasks are given by your team leads or senior managers, and slowly you become a part of the Salesforce Development team. So, in this blog, we have covered everything a fresher thinks of before joining a technology like Salesforce to start his career.
Read: How can Learning Salesforce Developer Skills Lead you to your Dream Job?
Salesforce Vs. Different Technologies
- AWS & Fundamentals of Linux
- Amazon Simple Storage Service
- Elastic Compute Cloud
- Databases Overview & Amazon Route 53
4 days 02 Feb 2020
- Intro to DevOps
- GIT and Maven
- Jenkins & Ansible
- Docker and Cloud Computing
5 days 03 Feb 2020
- Data Science Introduction
- Hadoop and Spark Overview
- Python & Intro to R Programming
- Machine Learning
5 days 03 Feb 2020
- Architecture, HDFS & MapReduce
- Unix Shell & Apache Pig Installation
- HIVE Installation & User-Defined Functions
- SQOOP & Hbase Installation
6 days 04 Feb 2020
- Salesforce Configuration Introduction
- Security & Automation Process
- Sales & Service Cloud
- Apex Programming, SOQL & SOSL
12 days 10 Feb 2020
- Introduction and Software Testing
- Software Test Life Cycle
- Automation Testing and API Testing
- Selenium framework development using Testing
5 days 03 Feb 2020
- BA & Stakeholders Overview
- BPMN, Requirement Elicitation
- BA Tools & Design Documents
- Enterprise Analysis, Agile & Scrum
6 days 04 Feb 2020
- Introduction & Database Query
- Programming, Indexes & System Functions
- SSIS Package Development Procedures
- SSRS Report Design
2 days 31 Jan 2020
Receive Latest Materials and Offers on Salesforce Course