Salesforce is the world's top customer relationship management (CRM) tool. Forbes estimates that Salesforce currently has a market share of over 19% in the CRM sector. The online business journal also highlighted that Salesforce outperformed rival CRM solutions in the last five years by growing its revenue by almost 23%.
As a vast platform, Salesforce offers a variety of business options. You can demonstrate the knowledge and experience you have acquired through the Salesforce program and improve your chances of getting your ideal job on the platform by focusing your learning efforts and earning a skill-specific certificate. Additionally, this accreditation expands your career opportunities.
A Salesforce developer certification showcase that a professional who has earned a Salesforce developer certification has the skills to build original apps and analytical tools on top of Salesforce platform capabilities. Below, we have provided in-depth knowledge about Salesforce developer certifications, necessary Salesforce developer skills, and other Salesforce developer prerequisites.
Quick Overview of Salesforce & Salesforce Developer
Salesforce is one of the topmost contenders in the CRM sector with its unique features for big giants as well as for start-ups. The world is moving towards Cloud computing due to its durability and excellent performance. Many people like you must have some questions regarding this widely known technology. Let’s discuss the current performance and future of Salesforce.com (SFDC) in the coming years.
There are two primary classes of Salesforce professionals, administrator, and developer, which you might not be aware of. Developers either produce new code for clients or modify already existing code. They usually work for a Salesforce partner, which is normally a sizable software firm, or a final client like a bank. Below is the list of major roles of Salesforce developers –
- Recognizing and evaluating business operations, including sales and account management
- the creation of CRM workflows
- keeping user roles and security intact
- creating technical plans and design documentation
- Organizing educational programs for different teams
- collaborating with more developers and engineers
The Market Insights – Demand of Salesforce Developers Worldwide
The demand for Salesforce developers is rising around the world as a result of the increased demand for Salesforce globally. According to a recent International Data Corporation (IDC) survey, the number of jobs requiring Salesforce skills has sharply increased. The Salesforce ecosystem is anticipated to produce over $850 billion in worldwide revenues and 3.3 million new jobs by 2022.
Globally, there is a significant demand for Salesforce developers. The United States, India, Australia, Canada, the United Kingdom, and Singapore are the top nations with employment opportunities for Salesforce developers.
Global Industry Analysts Inc. expects the cloud computing market to grow by $127 billion by this year. Salesforce Lightning is a new addition that is widely adopted by existing customers as well as new users. The industry is booming day by day and exponential growth in cloud computing and Analytics is going to stay for the next 20 years. In recent times there is a huge demand for certified Salesforce Administrators, Certified Salesforce Consultants, and certified Salesforce Developers.
The above insights clearly showcase the high demand for developer Salesforce and why you should focus on learning Salesforce developer skills. We have listed the top Salesforce developer skills you learn through the Salesforce developer certification, but before that let's quickly go through the exam details.
Salesforce Developer Certification Exam Details
You have a choice of taking the Salesforce Developer certification test in person or online in a proctored setting. The exam's other specifics are listed below:
The Salesforce Developer certification test lasts for 105 minutes.
The test for the Salesforce Developer certification consists of 60 multiple-choice questions.
You must receive at least 65 percent on the Salesforce Platform Developer 1 certification exam to pass. You must correctly answer 39 questions in order to receive the passing percentage.
It costs $200 USD to take the Salesforce Platform Developer 1 certification exam. You can repeat the exam for $100 if you don't pass the first time.
Top Prerequisites for Salesforce Developers
You have read about the duties of a developer Salesforce in the preceding parts. There are a few prerequisites and abilities that a person must possess to achieve the Salesforce Developer certification because these jobs involve technical components, such as programming:
- Three to six months of programming experience is recommended.
- They ought to be well-versed in OOPs ideas.
- They must be familiar with database and data structure concepts.
Additionally, they must be proficient in Apex programming, which is used to create Salesforce applications.
You must enroll in an online Salesforce developer course that will teach you about Salesforce ideas and Apex programming if you are a novice or non-IT professional. Yes, this will assist you in obtaining a Salesforce developer certification.
Why Should Go for Salesforce Developer Certification: Best Reasons
- It takes a few weeks to learn Salesforce: Unlike other technologies, you only need a few weeks to learn Salesforce via online training. Online training is widely available for weekend or weekday sessions which gives you the freedom of learning from your home/office. You just need to be fully committed and give your 100% to practice. You get free Salesforce.com development practice org to get started with your training.
- Salesforce Certification strengthens your resume: Your resume needs to look different from others to get your dream job. This is possible with Salesforce administrator or developer Certifications to get started at the beginning of your career. The eligibility for this exam is very simple, you need to be an administrative professional, and have a clear idea of the SFDC out of box features and related concepts.
- Salesforce Community provides guidance to complete the task: After learning Salesforce you might not become a Salesforce developer and master in the beginning. For this need, Community Cloud defines everything you need to clear your doubts. You just need to pop up a question and your fellow developer community members guide you step by step process to meet the project requirement.
- Salesforce Success Community: Access free Salesforce community to get an answer to tons of questions and answers or additional information and documentation around real-time Salesforce world. This motivates you and helps you gain confidence as you move forward through your Salesforce learning curve.
- View Salesforce Site for your reference: https://success.salesforce.com/
- Job Security and a great future ahead: As we have already discussed the future growth of Salesforce. All the 80 top fortune companies out of 100 are using Salesforce Cloud computing. So, every top-notch company has a job requirement for SFDC consultants for the next 5 years. And, the way Salesforce introducing new services to its customers, it is going to stay like a winner for sure. This means you have become a part of evergreen technology.
- Salesforce Development is the highly- demanded job in the industry. Multiple roles are available to play in Salesforce like you can be a developer, Business analyst or Admin as per the end client’s project requirement.
- Multiple modules and Domains are available in Salesforce to specialize your career in Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Salesforce Pardot, Community Cloud, Analytics, Mobile Platform (Salesforce-1), Force.com, Salesforce Quote-to-Cash, Einstein, and Salesforce Lightning.
- Salesforce Lightning.
After knowing the future growth, various roles and domains of SFDC, you must be curious to know is it that easy to learn such a multidimensional technology and become Salesforce developer. Here we will tell you how easy it is to become a Salesforce consultant.
Salesforce Consultant Prime Job Responsibilities
Now, you got to know the career path and best reasons to learn SFDC, you still have some concerns what exactly you need to do on a project. Let’s see some tasks which you might get on your project.
- Firstly, understanding the client’s business process, and then analyzing business requirements
- Understanding different features, and functionalities of those business requirements
- Start working on Salesforce design aspects keeping best practices in your mind
- Start configuration on Salesforce using out of box features (Standard features) first in Salesforce Development Org.
- Work on basic of Salesforce Security features such as Roles, Profiles, Permissions, OWDs, Sharing Rules etc.
- Perform Development activities including Apex Classes, Triggers, Visualforce pages, Lightning components, Writing SOQL or SOSL queries, etc.
- Complete the development, and start Unit Testing. Work on Data Migration related stuff.
- Support QA Testers to execute their test cases, and fix the bugs identified during the testing process
- At the end support the User’s acceptance testing to ensure the quality product is developed and tested before it gets deployed into Salesforce Production Org.
- You will have to perform basic administration tasks to support developers.
These above tasks are given by your team leads or senior managers, and slowly you become a part of the Salesforce Development team. So, in this blog, we have covered everything a fresher thinks of before joining a technology like Salesforce to start his career as a certified Salesforce Developer. Before we wrap this post, don’t forget to go through the following tips to qualify your Salesforce Developer Certification exam on the first attempt and also master in Salesforce for business & career growth
Top Tips to Qualify for the Salesforce Developer Certification Exam
Here are a few pointers to consider as you get ready for the Salesforce Developer certification exam.
- Comprehend the Core Salesforce Concepts: To ensure that you do not have any difficulties while learning the advanced topics, you should first understand the fundamental principles included in the course.
- Involve Demo Project Work: The finest ways to learn are through projects since they require you to put all the abilities you have learned to practice. As a result, you should choose a development project that will enable you to determine whether you are prepared to join the Salesforce developer training.
- Take Practice Exams: You need first take Salesforce Platform Developer certification practice exams or mock tests since you need to pass a Salesforce exam certification in order to become a developer of Salesforce. Questions from various Salesforce Developer exam topics will be included in these practice exams after you finish the Salesforce training developer.
- Discover new technologies: Explore new technologies to prepare for the Salesforce Admin Interview! Also, consider going through these frequently asked Salesforce interview questions and answers.
- Look for Improvement Opportunities: Giving mock tests will give you the practice you need to prepare well. Additionally, taking practice exams will help you pinpoint your areas of improvement. As you study for the Salesforce Developer certification test, you can concentrate more on those areas once you've identified them.
- Enhance Yourself via Self-Evaluation: The easiest technique to monitor your preparation and obtain metrics for improvement is through self-evaluation. You can decide where you need to improve by conducting practice exams and working on a project. Then, you can decide for yourself if you need to put in more effort or if you are prepared to pass the Salesforce Developer certification exam with a high score.
You can use these tips to your advantage as you get ready for the Salesforce Developer certification exam.
Preparing for Salesforce platform developer certification is not rocket science if you follow the preparation guide intelligently. Once you are clear on the fundamentals of Salesforce development, consider enrolling for a professional Salesforce Developer Training to get a solid understanding of the advanced level. Keep these Salesforce developer certification exam tips in mind to supercharge your cert prep and qualify for the exam with flying colors.
Hopefully, this blog on how to become a Salesforce-certified developer was helpful. The job market is piping hot for a certified Salesforce administrator certified Salesforce Consultant and certified Salesforce Developer. So, don’t let the chance go. Hurry up!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. What is a Salesforce developer?
Ans:- A Salesforce developer is an IT professional or programmer who builds Salesforce applications on different platforms.
Q2. How to become a Salesforce developer?
Ans:- Here is the step-wise process to become a Salesforce developer –
- Pursue a bachelor's degree.
- Explore and learn about Salesforce.
- Go for the Salesforce developer certifications.
- Use Salesforce to gain hands-on experience
- Network with Salesforce professionals.
Q3. Can a non IT person learn and become a Salesforce developer?
Ans:- You don't have to have an IT Background to pursue a career and becoming a Salesforce developer, although it certainly helps.
Q4. Can I become a Salesforce developer in 3 months?
Ans:- With the right approach and hard work, it would take three to four months to learn Salesforce developer skills, more than five months to prepare for Salesforce Developer skills, and around six months to learn the Consultant skills of Salesforce if the candidate is brand-new in Salesforce.
Q5. What does a Salesforce developer do?
Ans:- A Salesforce developer is responsible for building Salesforce applications across different PaaS (Platform as a Service) platforms. They don't have to actually work for Salesforce, by the way.
Q6. Is it tough to get Salesforce developer certification?
Ans:- Becoming a Salesforce developer and achieving the certification is not that difficult, especially in light of the substantial benefits of becoming a Salesforce Certified developer. With only six months of focused study and Salesforce developer training, the majority of candidates were able to pass the exam with more than 70% of the possible points.
Q7. How long does it take to prepare for Salesforce Developer certification?
Ans:- To pass the Salesforce developer certification exam, you should typically spend 1-2 months studying. To be exact, a comprehensive study plan for the exam requires 59 learning hours along with professional Salesforce developer training by Janbask Training.
Q9. Can I work with Salesforce without any prior experience?
Ans:- Absolutely not. Developer Salesforce job can be quite lucrative, and Salesforce certifications can help you land a decent IT CRM career. Being “employable” in fact takes far more than a certification. As a result, you must also have practical experience in the type of employment that you want.
Q10 How do I prepare for Salesforce developer certification?
- Author and Salesforce Solution Architect
- Plan using the Salesforce Study Guide.
- From the Trailhead, take the Developer Beginner Trail.
- Follow by understanding, Not by time.
- Use a variety of learning techniques.
- Know Why and When; Make Use of Salesforce training developer
- Ask Questions on the Support Forums; and Salesforce Ben.
Q11. What training is required for Salesforce developer certification?
Ans:- What comes first? Most software developers, including those who work for Salesforce, hold a BS in computer science, software engineering, or a closely related discipline like Salesforce training developer certificate. They may also have strong computer programming abilities and the necessary expertise.
Salesforce Vs. Different Technologies
- AWS & Fundamentals of Linux
- Amazon Simple Storage Service
- Elastic Compute Cloud
- Databases Overview & Amazon Route 53
3 days 12 Dec 2023
- Intro to DevOps
- GIT and Maven
- Jenkins & Ansible
- Docker and Cloud Computing
-0 day 09 Dec 2023
- Data Science Introduction
- Hadoop and Spark Overview
- Python & Intro to R Programming
- Machine Learning
13 days 22 Dec 2023
- Architecture, HDFS & MapReduce
- Unix Shell & Apache Pig Installation
- HIVE Installation & User-Defined Functions
- SQOOP & Hbase Installation
7 days 16 Dec 2023
- Salesforce Configuration Introduction
- Security & Automation Process
- Sales & Service Cloud
- Apex Programming, SOQL & SOSL
-0 day 09 Dec 2023
- Introduction and Software Testing
- Software Test Life Cycle
- Automation Testing and API Testing
- Selenium framework development using Testing
-0 day 09 Dec 2023
- BA & Stakeholders Overview
- BPMN, Requirement Elicitation
- BA Tools & Design Documents
- Enterprise Analysis, Agile & Scrum
-0 day 09 Dec 2023
MS SQL Server
- Introduction & Database Query
- Programming, Indexes & System Functions
- SSIS Package Development Procedures
- SSRS Report Design
-0 day 09 Dec 2023
- Features of Python
- Python Editors and IDEs
- Data types and Variables
- Python File Operation
-0 day 09 Dec 2023
- Components of AI
- Categories of Machine Learning
- Recurrent Neural Networks
- Recurrent Neural Networks
14 days 23 Dec 2023
- Introduction to Machine Learning & Python
- Machine Learning: Supervised Learning
- Machine Learning: Unsupervised Learning
6 days 15 Dec 2023
- Introduction to Tableau Desktop
- Data Transformation Methods
- Configuring tableau server
- Integration with R & Hadoop
7 days 16 Dec 2023