Do you want to be a part of the world’s no. 1 CRM vendor i.e. Salesforce? Do you love finding out a business’s challenges, and then solving them with the help of the Salesforce platform & its technologies? Are you intrigued with how companies conduct their businesses?
If your answer is yes, then get ready to be a part of the Salesforce ecosystem with the right Salesforce Consultant Certification.
Salesforce has changed the face of CRM (Customer Relationship Management) and has evolved it completely. With the way Salesforce Cloud has made custom solutions for marketing, sales, services, and eCommerce according to business requirements easier, quicker, and safer, no wonder it has been named the world’s number one CRM for the past 7 years! Go through one of our important Salesforce CRM tutorial for beginners so as to get in depth understanding of these terms.
Not just that, Salesforce has also created a lot of opportunities as it grew over the past years and continues to do so. According to IDC, Salesforce is going to create nearly 4.2 million jobs by 2024. So from a career prospect, Salesforce gives you a future-proof job profile with a lucrative salary as the average salary of an IT professional with Salesforce skills is close to $95,000 a year!
But, starting a career in Salesforce brings a lot of questions, doubts, and fears… especially the roles and responsibilities in the profile like Salesforce Consultant because it’s quite new but is here to stay. If you’re wondering how to become a salesforce consultant, we’ll help you out. Additionally, in this blog, we’ll help you find answers to:
- What is Salesforce Consultant?
- Why is a Salesforce career a profitable one?
- How to start on the Salesforce Consultant career path?
- How to become a salesforce technical consultant?
- What does the Salesforce Consultant job description look like?
- Is there any prerequisite to making a career as a Salesforce Consultant?
- How much does a salesforce consultant make?
Let's get started by getting in-depth expertise of the Salesforce career path.
Salesforce Consultant Career Path
What is a Salesforce Consultant? They are professionals who help stakeholders with their requirements in the form of customizing the Salesforce platform to let them meet the business requirements. With his/her in-depth knowledge of business processes and Salesforce, a Salesforce Consultant works with multiple teams to bridge the gap between business problems and technical solutions.
Why choose to be a Salesforce Consultant
Here are a few reasons to choose a Salesforce Consultant:
- Lucrative Salary: you can earn an annual average somewhere between $80,000 to $150,000+
- Always on the Move: Salesforce keeps on including changes and evolves that you never feel stuck with one subject matter or one monotonous work task.
- Ample Job Opportunities: Nearly 37,000 new jobs in the last 12 months as of March 2021.
- In-demand skill: Over 150,000+ customers—from small businesses to Fortune 500 companies—are growing their businesses on Salesforce platform.
Why is a Career in Salesforce Such a Profitable One?
Before you start your career journey in the Salesforce ecosystem, here are the top reasons why you should choose a career in Salesforce and get the best Salesforce certification like no other.
Demand - There has been a problem with sourcing Salesforce professionals for a long time as there is a shortage of Salesforce professionals to fill the available space. As a result, salesforce puts enormous effort into improving the skills of new professionals, as without a new supply of talent, it's hard to grow the overall ecosystem.
- Money - Salesforce professionals are paid very generously in the corporate world. Systems like Salesforce are known as the core of a successful business, and if you can help people navigate the system and make sure it runs smoothly, you will be paid well.
- Flexible Working - Salesforce has been and will always be a cloud-based business, which means that most of their roles have the potential to be remote. However, Salesforce themselves have one of the best business cultures in the world and promote well-being and work-life balance in the ecosystem.
- Community - Starting a new career can seem a bit intimidating, but salesforce professionals are well supported. It's well known that Salesforce has one of the best communities in the tech world, with lots of online support forums and lots of people who want to see you succeed.
Next we are going to discuss the Salesforce job outlook and future scope.
Salesforce Consultant Job Outlook & Future Scope
Salesforce is here to stay and is growing exponentially. Figures from Statista are proof of that: “Salesforce spent 9.67 billion U.S. dollars on marketing and sales in the fiscal year 2021. Salesforce's marketing and sales expenditure grew rapidly over the highlighted period, increasing by almost seven billion from 2015 to 2021.”
Here are the top industries that are highly using Salesforce Consultant to unify and manage their business process and have tremendous job opportunities:
- Business Services
- Information Technology
- Health Care
- Food & Restaurants
- Real Estate/Interior Designing
…. among other industries. Hence Advance Your Career by Imbibing the Skills with Salesforce Certification.
Basically, every business or industry that has a customer base online or offline is in need of effective Salesforce Consultants to cement their relationships with their customers and to boost their revenue.
Here are a few top companies that rely on Salesforce Consultant roles:
- Amazon Web Services
- U.S. Bank
- The New York Post
- The American Red Cross
- L’Oréal Americas
- NBC Universal
Next, we are going to help you know what exactly a Salesforce consultant job description looks like.
What does the Salesforce Consultant job description look like?
As a Salesforce Consultant, your primary role is to implement, design, and maintain the databases so you maintain an organization’s relationship with its customers. Other than that you will also perform these tasks:
- Creation & Management of Project Plans
- Testing & choosing the best option to utilize in the Salesforce system that can prove to be more beneficial for the business
- He manages various critical constraints such as money, skills, time, or people that may affect the proper functioning of any organization.
- Collaborate with the team at the strategic level for designing the implementation process that perfectly suits an organization’s needs.
- Designing, building, training, and deploying the required Salesforce setup which is essential for the proper functioning of the business.
- A Salesforce consultant is also responsible for providing effective training to his clients to make them aware of Salesforce’s proper functioning and giving them the best business solutions.
So, what are you waiting for? Start your career in the Salesforce industry now!
Now, it's time to explore the Salesforce consultant career prerequisites.
How to Become Salesforce Consultant: Prerequisites
A deep search into job portals like Indeed, Payscale, and LinkedIn gives us the impression that most professionals possessed a bachelor’s or master’s degree. However, that doesn't mean you can’t be a Salesforce Consultant if you don’t possess a college degree.
creative, or management field & can still jumpstart your Salesforce Consultant career with proper Salesforce Certification and Training.
JanBask Training has a professional & world-recognized Salesforce Certification Training Program up and running to master the concepts of Salesforce Consultant while focusing on Sales & Service Cloud, Apex Programming, Salesforce Lightning, and much more.
While you’ll get the required training and basic understanding through eLearning platforms to pick up Salesforce Consultant & its roles & responsibilities, you still need to have a hold on the following personality qualities, before approaching our or any training module:
- Be confident
- Be Intuitive
- Be Creative & Innovative
- Be Passionate
- Be determined to overcome any hurdle
- Be a Problem-solver
- Be a good listener
- Be self-driven
- Be a great learner
Let’s see how much you can make as a Salesforce technical consultant.
Salesforce Consultant Career: How Much Does a Salesforce Consultant Make?
When you start a career in any field, the first question you ask yourself is how much can I expect to earn in a Salesforce Consultant role? Is the career path worth my effort or time? So, if you want to know how much does a salesforce consultant make? We have you covered. We did dig deep into popular job portal sites like Indeed, Glassdoor, and Payscale to gauge the salary trend in some of the prime locations to work in the world.
Salesforce Consultant Salary in the USA
The Salesforce Consultant salary we just shared are the average figures based on different popular job portals. Please take note that these figures are not fixed and can can vary from slightly to extremely for each individual, based on several factors like:
1. Your location: higher cost of living, lower salary spent
Tips: Before applying or accepting any job, try to find the cost of living of that particular city or area to determine the minimum salary you’ll need to be able to live comfortably. Relocating to a place that gives better offers & simple standard living is another option.
2. Your qualification & certifications: the more you know, the more you earn
Tips: Expand your technical skills & reach out to e-learning platforms or offline training centers that will give you this extra edge by preparing you for several IT certifications & courses and will upgrade your skills to make you ready for an amazing career run.
3. Your Interview & Negotiation skills: charm your way, and you get the desired salary
Tips: Performance has a significant impact on pay, especially incentive pay, so always do your best during the Salesforce interview or in the appraisal meeting and list your accomplishments & show how that brings value to the company’s goals and profits. Pro Tip: You can also go through our Salesforce Interview Questions booklet to ace your interview in the first go!
4. Your company size & industry: bigger the company, bigger the paycheck
Tips: It’s not rocket science that big IT giants will pay you more since they have bigger budgets, and higher demand for a Salesforce Consultant to manage & organize their business processes. So work on your skills: soft & technical, & see your IT career reach another level.
5. Your Experience: the more, the merrier
Tips: Early in your career, never stop yourself from taking up challenges or opportunities out of your comfort zone. The more work you do in your subject area or project, the higher are the chances that you will attain the required experience for the desired salary.
What are Top Salesforce Consultant Certifications? Are they Worth it?
Yes, indeed they are! If you want to know how to become a Salesforce Consultant then certifications are your keys. Also, certifications make a lot of difference to your Salesforce career. They are the proof that explains your knowledge and skills are verified by the highest bodies & can be applied to solve the real modern marketing challenges. A Salesforce Consultant certification also gives you:
- Good boosts during the interview round
- Opportunity to discuss & communicate your favored payscale
- Amazing confidence level
- Validation on the trendiest of knowledge in the digital domain
- A push of self-accomplishment & confidence to approach work projects
- Opportunity to stand out from the crowd and great preference over the non-certified marketers
Many options to choose from Salesforce Consultant certifications:
We’ve listed out the best Salesforce Certifications to look out for in 2022 -
Some Companies Highly Prefer Hiring Skilled & Certified Salesforce Consultant to:
- Salesforce Community Cloud Consultant
- Salesforce Education Cloud Consultant
- Salesforce Einstein Analytics and Discovery Consultant
- Salesforce Field Service Lightning Consultant
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud Consultant
- Salesforce Non-profit Cloud Consultant
- Salesforce Pardot Consultant
- Salesforce Sales Cloud Consultant
- Salesforce Service Cloud Consultant
- Save their onboarding & training cost
- To get the accurate skills & knowledge for their problem statements
- To usher other staff members to take the certification plunge
Looking for an effective certification path for Salesforce Consultant certifications or want to know how you can ace the exam? Read our Salesforce Certification guide.
Salesforce Consultant Skills Recruiters Actively Hiring for over Job Portals
There are certain skills that make you stand out of the crowd and some that recruiters actively look for while hiring a Salesforce Consultant. We’re listing out both Salesforce Consultant Skills: technical and soft skills you should work for to get a better salary package and to climb high in your career. Your responsibility is to create an impressive Salesforce resume that’ll help you grab your dream job!
Technical skills that surely make your CV stand out:
Brush up over these soft skills and watch your career skyrocketed like never before:
Next we are going to discuss how you can start a Salesforce consultant career.
Salesforce Consultant Career Path: How to Start a Salesforce Consultant Career?
Now you know the job outlook of the Salesforce Consultant profile, and Software Consultant skills and are aware of the various certifications you can obtain. You must be wondering now how to start your career as a Salesforce career path both as a fresher or an IT professional upscaling his/her skill. We have got you covered, below is an effective step-by-step guide for you:
1. Do a thorough Research on Salesforce Consultant
Before starting your career, be it any field, ensure that you know the pros and cons of the career. Similarly, identify the pros and cons of a Salesforce Consultant career such as:
- Learning curve
- Work exposure & atmosphere
- Career growth opportunities & more
- Hiring companies in the best locale
- Educational background/work experience
- Skills & Knowledge required
- Job responsibilities & expectations
2. Consult Experts for Salesforce Consultant Career Advice
There’s so much information regarding Salesforce Consultant job outlook that it might overwhelm you. Relax, you can always seek out professionals who are already in this field or consultants that will clear your doubts about Salesforce Consultant career growth opportunities. Relay your concerns, fears, and doubts, they will be better equipped to help you grow your career.
Our Salesforce Consultant Career counselors can help you for free. Contact us today and get answers to every question of yours!
3. Get the Online Salesforce Consultant Training
Join a professional Salesforce Consultant Training program that helps you get Salesforce’s platform and the foundational understanding of its concepts, and not just in theory, but with great practical assignments & case studies that will further help you to get ready for a full-fledged demanding career.
Don’t know which one to go for? Let us help you in making the decision. Take a quick & free demo class with us and know why we are the best Salesforce Consultant training platform!
4.Pursue Popular Salesforce Consultant Certifications
Earning certifications not only validates your experience and skills but also gives you an edge over your peers. It gives you confidence to chase in-demand & different Salesforce Consultant job descriptions or profiles. It’s simple, the more you will obtain them, the more will be your accurate knowledge base that recruiters are actively looking for hiring.
5. Make Notable Professional Networks
Make sure you attend nearby Salesforce seminars or workshops as that helps you to interact with Salesforce professionals and know how they work and also the trending topics in the industry. Keep practicing & expanding your learning curve, to get amazing Salesforce Consultant career growth opportunities.
6. Keep an eye on all-things Salesforce
Salesforce itself has so many online resources that can introduce you to the Salesforce ecosystem. There’s StackExchange, Salesforce community, and TrailHead that help you a basic orientation to what is Salesforce, and what and how it does. Additionally, you can also give practice tests on the Salesforce Quiz, to test your knowledge in order to figure out what you already know and what you need to learn more.
7. Flaunt those Salesforce Badges
After you’ve got the badges, put them up in all your online career profiles. Make your achievement public so that recruiters who are looking for Salesforce professionals can hire you. We recommend you also deepen your expertise over using Salesforce to resolve business challenges by freelancing for small businesses or startups or even NGOs that need Salesforce professionals but can’t afford full-time. This will give you an opportunity to apply your knowledge and expertise to a real-life scenario before you finally grab your dream job!
In this blog, we discussed the various career aspects of being a Salesforce Consultant along with the steps, skills you need to follow to become a successful professional in this field, and the salesforce salaries a Salesforce Consultant gets.
Owing to the endless benefits offered by the Salesforce platform to its customers, more businesses are moving their CRM to Salesforce and hence it increases the need for professionals to assist them with the same. So, you can rest assured that if you choose a Salesforce Consultant Certification & Training, it will be worth your time, money, and efforts.
Is there some aspect of the Salesforce Consultant career path we missed? Do you still doubt the job prospective or career growth of a Salesforce Consultant job description or profile? Drop us a comment, we’ll get you through this!
How do I become a certified Salesforce Consultant?
To become a Certified Salesforce Consultant, you should have foundational knowledge about Salesforce products and services to stand eligible for this career. You can be anyone--- fresher or working professional from technical, creative, or management field & can still jumpstart your Salesforce Consultant career with proper Salesforce Certification and Training.
What do I need to do to earn the Salesforce certification?
Join JanBask Training’s Salesforce Certification Training Program to master the concepts of Salesforce Admin and Developer while focusing on Sales & Service Cloud, Apex Programming, Salesforce Lightning, and much more.
What are the career benefits of this Salesforce Certification Training Program?
According to Glassdoor, Salesforce jobs are increasing at a speed 1.5 times faster than similar roles, and there were 300,000+ Salesforce jobs available. Salesforce Certified Administrators earn an annual average salary of $87,000 but can go as high as $160,000 depending on their knowledge, skills, and experience.
4. How do I pass the Salesforce Exam?
It’s a 90-minute long exam comprising 60 single or multiple choice questions. The passing score for the exam is 65% i.e you should answer 39 questions correctly.
5. Do you provide a practice test as a part of this Salesforce Certification Training Program?
Yes, we do provide a practice test as part of our course to help you prepare for the actual certification exam. You can try this free Salesforce Quiz to understand the type of tests that are part of the course curriculum.
6. Why are Salesforce certifications necessary?
- Salesforce Certifications are necessary as they:
- Are verified proof to any professional's approved knowledge in the Salesforce field.
- Increases job interview invitations.
- Gives great push in career prospects - during the job hiring preferences and the salary negotiations.
- Brings confidence and positivity in approaching any job or project.
7. How do you help with job placements?
To help you perform better in the job’s hiring processes:
- Throughout the training process, we keep you intimidated about the real-time job openings, market insights, and procedures on how to apply for the vacant & demanded Salesforce jobs.
- At JanBask Training, we aim to deliver you helpful insights to make you understand the current job market situation deeply and train you with the ways to make it through the job processes of the top giant hirers.
8. Which Salesforce Admin certifications are in demand?
- Salesforce currently offers following stages of administrator certifications:
- Certified Administrator and
- Certified Advanced Administrator
- Salesforce App Builder
- Sales and Service Cloud
9. What skills will I learn from this course?
From this course, you will be able to master the Salesforce clouds like Salesforce administration and development skills along with sales cloud, service cloud, community cloud, analytics cloud, marketing cloud, etc., report generation, dashboards, and the basics of integration. SFDC data model, different building blocks of Salesforce, a deep understanding of the salesforce security model, Salesforce lightning components, salesforce apex triggers, salesforce test classes, and the Salesforce automation options.
10. What can I expect after the course?
After the completion of this course, you will have a crisp & strong preparation base to pursue the Salesforce certification exams and thorough knowledge, methods & confidence on how to proceed in the right Salesforce job market. A Salesforce Training Certification for completing the online Salesforce training with JanBask Training (Salesforce Accredited Training Organization). Our Training completion certification is highly accepted & known in the small scale to big scale and local to global job markets. It gives a great push in the job hiring process.
- AWS & Fundamentals of Linux
- Amazon Simple Storage Service
- Elastic Compute Cloud
- Databases Overview & Amazon Route 53
0 day 29 Sep 2023
- Intro to DevOps
- GIT and Maven
- Jenkins & Ansible
- Docker and Cloud Computing
7 days 06 Oct 2023
- Data Science Introduction
- Hadoop and Spark Overview
- Python & Intro to R Programming
- Machine Learning
0 day 29 Sep 2023
- Architecture, HDFS & MapReduce
- Unix Shell & Apache Pig Installation
- HIVE Installation & User-Defined Functions
- SQOOP & Hbase Installation
0 day 29 Sep 2023
- Salesforce Configuration Introduction
- Security & Automation Process
- Sales & Service Cloud
- Apex Programming, SOQL & SOSL
1 day 30 Sep 2023
- Introduction and Software Testing
- Software Test Life Cycle
- Automation Testing and API Testing
- Selenium framework development using Testing
0 day 29 Sep 2023
- BA & Stakeholders Overview
- BPMN, Requirement Elicitation
- BA Tools & Design Documents
- Enterprise Analysis, Agile & Scrum
0 day 29 Sep 2023
MS SQL Server
- Introduction & Database Query
- Programming, Indexes & System Functions
- SSIS Package Development Procedures
- SSRS Report Design
7 days 06 Oct 2023
- Features of Python
- Python Editors and IDEs
- Data types and Variables
- Python File Operation
0 day 29 Sep 2023
- Components of AI
- Categories of Machine Learning
- Recurrent Neural Networks
- Recurrent Neural Networks
0 day 29 Sep 2023
- Introduction to Machine Learning & Python
- Machine Learning: Supervised Learning
- Machine Learning: Unsupervised Learning
35 days 03 Nov 2023
- Introduction to Tableau Desktop
- Data Transformation Methods
- Configuring tableau server
- Integration with R & Hadoop
0 day 29 Sep 2023