How can you land your very first job in the Salesforce industry? The answer is by becoming a Salesforce admin or a developer. Over the past few years, we have been asked time and again about what type of Salesforce jobs and career paths exist, especially for someone who has just begun in the Salesforce job market. Our answer goes like this: It completely depends on what you are confident about and what you enjoy doing. But you should also focus on acquiring Salesforce knowledge through proper training and hands-on.
Salesforce Industry Introduction
In the field of Salesforce, there are scores of jobs which can be performed by both freshers and professionals within the Salesforce eco-system. In this blog, we will focus on IT and business related job roles and the key responsibilities associated with them. We would also recommend that every beginner and experienced Salesforce professional must undergo the correct training and certification. Only then they can acquire the right amount of knowledge in the field. But first of all, there is a question waiting for you.
Do you fall into one of the following categories?
- You do not have any on job experience related to Salesforce
- You are planning for a career switch. from another industry into the Salesforce world?
- You’re a new university graduate looking for an entry-level job?
- Do you have Salesforce skills, just no Salesforce work experience on your resume?
Don’t worry! Choosing a Salesforce.com career is always a wise choice. Building your career in the cloud comes with a whole bandwagon of options.
What is Salesforce?
Salesforce is the world’s leading Customer Success Platform and a #1 CRM company. Today it empowers scores of companies across the globe to connect with their respective customers in a brand-new way.
Read: How to Handle Governor Limits In Salesforce?
The steps of building a carrier in Salesforce are as follows:
- Getting Certified
How to Migrate or Switch to Salesforce?
Available positions in Salesforce industry generally include the following:
Jobs in Sales Domain
- Enterprise Account Executives
- Commercial Account Executives
- Enterprise Account Managers
- Sales Representatives
- Solution Engineers
- Demo Engineers
- Business Development Representatives
Jobs in Services Domain
- Technical Architects
- Success Agents
- Program Architects
- Customer Success Specialists
- Solution Architects
Jobs in Technology Domain
- Software Engineers
- Network Engineers
- System Engineers/Administrators
- Infrastructure Engineers
- Performance Engineers
- Site Reliability Engineer
The most in-demand job role in Salesforce today – System Administrator
The Salesforce admin is a highly ‘in-demand’ role across global organizations.In this role, you have to manage the administration of a company’s complete Salesforce instance. As an admin, you need to possess great interpersonal skills, the ability to confidently deal with change, and of course expert Salesforce technical skills. With these skills, you will be able to implement all the changes correctly onto your system. Key responsibilities include:
Read: Who Wins The Battle Between Pipedrive And Salesforce?
- Logical and process-oriented thinking
- Ability to implement Salesforce changes into the system as per business needs
- Knowledge of basic Sales Cloud and Service Cloud applications
- Ability to build reports, dashboards, and workflow
- Knowledge of Security and Access
- Knowledge of Standard and Custom objects
- Knowledge of User administration
- Ability to add picklist values
- Ability to modify page layouts
- Create email templates
- Know Salesforce Chatter
- Outline Workflow automation
- Carry out data management
- Know how to Salesforce content and folder management
Another highly sought after job role in Salesforce today – System Developer
In this job role, one must possess the skills of a Salesforce Admin. They must be able to perform other additional tasks like coding and object-oriented programming. ‘Apex’ is the native language of Salesforce. As a developer, one must know all about the basics of this language and apply the same onto Salesforce. Since Salesforce developers have a development background, they must be able to carry out the following tasks:
- All skills of A Salesforce Admin
- Build custom code (Apex & Visualforce)
- Integrate Salesforce with other applications/tools
- Extensive knowledge of custom app development
- Perform extreme customization of CRM apps
- Deploy the right mix of declarative and coding capabilities
- Create completely customized apps for the business
- Build custom applications using the point-and-click capabilities of the platform
- Design the data model, user interface, business logic, and security for all previously developed custom applications
Other important job roles in Salesforce today - Advanced Salesforce Admin or Advanced Salesforce Developer
As per your business needs, you might have to take up additional tasks like that of a strategic senior or advanced technical admin and developer. These skills will help you to get more pay. Below enlisted are the skills of an advanced administrator (AA) or advanced developer (AD) of Salesforce
- All skills of a Salesforce Developer (AD)
- All skills of a Salesforce Admin (AA)
- Salesforce Knowledge (AA)
- Joined and Custom reporting (AA, AD)
- Many-to-Many relationships and when to use them (AA, AD)
- Service Console and the basics and what you can do (AA, AD)
- Communities and specifically what customers and partners related to them (AA)
- Workflows, Assignment Rules, Escalation Rules (AA)
- Email log, debug log, system audit trails (AA, AD)
- Inbound Email Handler Class and Test Class (AD)
- SOAP & REST Web-services (AD)
- Deployment strategies (AD)
- Test classes and best practices while writing test code (AD)
- Visualforce controllers (AD)
- Static Resources & usage (AD)
- Change Management (AA & AD)
- Territory Management (AA)
- Collaborative and Custom forecasting (AA)
- Product Catalog (AA)
If you are still unsure about whether to become a Salesforce Admin or Developer, go through these course descriptions from JanBask Training academy, to pick your calling.
Both of the above courses are online training programs which will be customized according to your competencies or skill sets. The self-paced learning allows you to take exams at your own pace so that your fundamentals are clear. By the end of the course, you will for sure be able to implement Salesforce fundamentals and best practices.
Read: What is Asynchronous in Salesforce?
If you want a career in Salesforce from the bottom of your heart, you can do it! Simply stick to the guidelines discussed above. All the best for your career in Salesforce.
- AWS & Fundamentals of Linux
- Amazon Simple Storage Service
- Elastic Compute Cloud
- Databases Overview & Amazon Route 53
1 day 14 Nov 2019
- Intro to DevOps
- GIT and Maven
- Jenkins & Ansible
- Docker and Cloud Computing
2 days 15 Nov 2019
- Data Science Introduction
- Hadoop and Spark Overview
- Python & Intro to R Programming
- Machine Learning
2 days 15 Nov 2019
- Architecture, HDFS & MapReduce
- Unix Shell & Apache Pig Installation
- HIVE Installation & User-Defined Functions
- SQOOP & Hbase Installation
3 days 16 Nov 2019
- Salesforce Configuration Introduction
- Security & Automation Process
- Sales & Service Cloud
- Apex Programming, SOQL & SOSL
1 day 14 Nov 2019
- Introduction and Software Testing
- Software Test Life Cycle
- Automation Testing and API Testing
- Selenium framework development using Testing
20 days 03 Dec 2019
- BA & Stakeholders Overview
- BPMN, Requirement Elicitation
- BA Tools & Design Documents
- Enterprise Analysis, Agile & Scrum
2 days 15 Nov 2019
- Introduction & Database Query
- Programming, Indexes & System Functions
- SSIS Package Development Procedures
- SSRS Report Design
6 days 19 Nov 2019
Receive Latest Materials and Offers on Salesforce Course