The cloud computing market is expected to hit USD 791.48 Billion by 2028, where AWS is the leading cloud computing infrastructure with 32% of the total GLOBAL cloud market share. With growing industry demand for skilled AWS professionals, their professionals enjoy the highest salaries globally. Today, we will draw your attention to AWS SysOps Admin Salary & factors affecting those salaries.
In this AWS SysOps Admin Salary guide, we help you know how much you can make as an AWS SysOps Admin. What is the expected average AWS sysops administrator salary, and how does the AWS SysOps Admin Salary vary as per location, skills, and experience level, and what skills can positively impact your AWS sysops administrator salary?
Let’s continue and see what factors can affect your AWS SysOps Admin Salary.
Before getting into the details of AWS SysOps Admin Salary, let’s try to understand who they are. What do they do?
Who is an AWS Sysops Administrator and Growing Demand Of AWS SysOps Administrators?
These professionals are present in the entire life cycle of any cloud project. They are mainly responsible for deploying, managing, and operating various required systems on the AWS platform. Besides, these professionals are also responsible for maintaining and managing their organizations’ AWS infrastructure.
Moreover, they also optimize companies’ costs and manage respective bills.
AWS SysOps Administrators are professionals with AWS certification, responsible for deploying, managing, and operating various required systems on the AWS platform. They are responsible for providing the necessary knowledge related to the working of cloud computing, IT, and business applications to improve the quality of service delivery.
There is a huge growing demand for AWS SysOps Administrators. As per Indeed's matrics, these job roles increased by 50% last year. The average aws sysops administrator salary is around $75,683 per year.
Average salary of an AWS Sysops Administrator Professional based on Job Roles
The average salary of an AWS Sysops Administrator Professional in the United States is $109,190.per year, according to Salary.com
Based On Job Role AWS Sysops Salary:
- SysOps Administrator: $121,984
- Cloud SysOps Administrator: $193,184
- Aws Administrator : $109,190
- Aws Cloud Administrator: $91,219
Key Factors That Affects Your AWS SysOps Admin Salary
- Certification Specialization
- Organization Size & Type
- Desired Skills & Knowledge
- Experience Level
Your location plays a vital role in fixing your salary compensation opportunities. Countries with different economic levels, market requirements, and a lack of skilled talent may give rise to fluctuating salary curves in different locations. Some good economies pay high, while some pay comparatively less for the same profile, it's totally subjective to situational requirements. It is not only about AWS SysOps Admin Salary, but even true for other similar IT job profiles.
USA, UK, India, Canada, Australia are some top paying countries, where you can relocate to start your career with a good entry level AWS SysOps Admin Salary. You can have a better idea of how the average Salary of AWS SysOps Admin varies as per location in the below location-based AWS SysOps Admin salary table.
2. Certification Specialization
The cloud computing market needs more skilled talent; organizations are seeking deserving candidates with excellent proficiency, and certification validates your technical expertise and proficiency in a particular specialty. The aws certified sysops administrator salary is higher than that of a non certified professional.
AWS certification doesn't just look good on your resume, but it also strengthens your candidature—it can boost your AWS SysOps Admin Salary package. According to a salary survey, 70% of AWS professionals reported an immediate salary hike of 20%. The average aws sysops certification salary is $146,300. Gain a roadmap to Success - A Complete Path Towards Your AWS SysOps Exam.
3. Top Giants Actively Hiring for AWS SysOps Admin at Highest Package
Here, we have listed some top giants paying high AWS SysOps Admin Salary. Your incredible candidature and confidence can help you prove your proficiency and get an excellent job with a lucrative AWS SysOps Admin Salary.
- Certified Amazon AWS SysOps Admin Salary: $82,917/yr
- Certified AWS SysOps Admin Salary at Accenture: ₹80,566 /yr
- Certified AWS SysOps Admin Salary at Tata Consultancy Services: $ 80,124/yr
- Certified AWS SysOps Admin Salary at Wipro Technologies: $ 76,317/yr
4. Desired skills and knowledge
Your skillset will also play a major role in determining your aws admin salary. Mentioned below are the skills which you can consider mastering:
- Knowledge of AWS Services
- Automation and scripting
- System Administration
- Continuous learning
5. Experience Level
Here are aws sysops salary of professionals based on their experience level:
- 0-1 years - $51K - $80K/yr
- 1-3 years - $58K - $92K/yr
- 4-6 years - $60K - $98K/yr
- 0-1 years - $51K - $80K/yr
- 7-9 years - $ 62k- $103K/yr
AWS Solution Architect Training and Certification
- No cost for a Demo Class
- Industry Expert as your Trainer
- Available as per your schedule
- Customer Support Available
AWS SysOps Administrator Salary: As Per Different Job Portals
1. AWS SysOps Admin Salary by Glassdoor
As per Glassdoor’s salary report, the average AWS SysOps Admin Salary is $70,933/year. Based on salaries submitted by employees & recruiters, the AWS SysOps Administrator salary can range between $59000 - $80,000 per year (fluctuating based on skills, experience, certification, location, interview, company size, etc.).
2. AWS SysOps Admin Salary by Indeed
AWS SysOps Admin Salary by Indeed: the annual average aws administrator salary is ₹2,80,374. While accurately your AWS Based on factors like location, skills, years of experience, and company type, the annual average salary of an AWS SysOps Admin can range between ₹1,23,288 - ₹4,73,352 per year.
3. Certified AWS SysOps Admin Salary by Payscale
As per Payscale, the average AWS SysOps Admin salary is $117K/ year. Based on different estimations.
Certified AWS SysOps Admin Salary for Freshers, Mid Level & Experienced Professionals
As we discussed above, your AWS SysOps Admin salary majorly depends on your experience level/years of experience. Organizations willing to pay high AWS SysOps Admin salary packages to AWS professionals who have real-life work experience and good performance track record over the people who have just started their AWS SysOps career.
- Entry-level AWS SysOps Administrator Salary in US - $97,500/ year
- Middle-level AWS SysOps Administrator Salary in US- $110,000/ year
- Expert level AWS SysOps Administrator Salary in US– $150,712/ year
This is the salary range you can go for as an AWS SysOps Admin. If you are looking to enhance your earning potential, check the AWS SysOps Certification guide and explore the most demanding SysOps Admin certifications for a successful AWS SysOps Admin career.
Top Locations Where AWS SysOps Admins Can Earn The Most Can Earn The Most
Here are some top locations where you can have a great start with a lucrative AWS SysOps administrator Salary. (Source: talent.com)
Average AWS SysOps Administrator Salary in the US
The average certified AWS SysOps Admin salary in the USA is $109,190 per year or $56.41 per hour. Entry-level AWS SysOps Admin positions start at $87,131 annually, while most experienced workers can make up to $129,793 annually.
Based on location in the US AWS payscale:
Based on locations, aws administrator salary is as follows:
- United States- $121,984/ year
- California - $134,548/ year
- New Jersey - $134,292/year
- Hawaii - $127,986/year
- North Carolina- $117,105/year
Average AWS Sysops Administrator Salary In India
The average salary of a senior AWS SysOps Admin in India is ₹ 5 lakhs per year. Entry-level AWS SysOps Admin positions start at ₹ 750,000 per year, while after getting the experience, they can make up to ₹ 1,920,000 per year.
Click here to learn more about AWS developer training.
Average AWS SysOps Administrator Salary in the Uk
The average salary of an AWS SysOps Admin in the United Kingdom is £61K per year or £24.36 per hour. Entry-level AWS SysOps Admin positions start at £40,000 per year, while most experienced professionals can make up to £80,500 per year.
Growing Demand Of AWS SysOps Administrators
Nowadays, the demand for AWS SysOps administrators is very high; see how many of their Jobs are posted across different job portals with lucrative salary packages. Gaining AWS SysOps Administrator training from JanBask Training, industry-leading trainers can help you better understand cloud computing and start a promising career.
1. Zip Recruiter
Explore AWS career path for immanence growth.
How to Become an AWS SysOps Admin
A few steps for becoming an AWS SysOps Administrator. Here's a general roadmap to help you get started:
1. Basic Prerequisites:
- Knowledge about cloud computing basics and services is fundamental.
- Knowing basic IT infrastructure, networking, and security concepts would be advantageous.
2. Learn AWS Fundamentals:
- First, use one of AWS’s training resources, such as the AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate certification exam guide.
- Core AWS services such as EC2, S3, VPC, RDS, IAM, CloudWatch, etc.
3. Hands-On Experience:
- Testing by setting up some AWS services and configurations using a sandbox or your AWS account.
- Start instances, configure security groups, establish VPCs, and interact with other AWS services.
- Get certified in any AWS course for better chances in the job market
- Use AWS training documents, online courses, practice exams, and books for studying.
5. Deepen Your Knowledge:
- Discover innovative aspects of AWS, such as ELB for SysOps, which include scaling up or down, AWS Lambda, and others.
6. Automation and Scripting:
- Automate work with AWS CloudFormation, AWS CLI, and other IAC tools.
- Scripting languages like Python are good at scripting and automating AWS activities.
7. Monitoring and Optimization:
- Become proficient in using monitoring and optimization tools for AWS, such as CloudWatch, Trustworthy Advisor, and Cost Explorer.
8. Security Best Practices:
- Know AWS security best practices such as IAM policy, encryption, and security group settings.
9. Stay Informed:
- AWS is continually evolving. Be sure to remain informed on AWS Blogs, Webinars, and Announcements.
10. Real-World Experience:
- Try as much as possible and work on practice projects running AWS. Get a job if there is an opportunity to do something with AWS.
Job Responsibilities and Duties of an AWS SysOps Administrator
The main responsibility of an AWS SysOps Administrator is to configure cloud management services using the AWS platform in the organization. Further, as an AWS Sysops Administrator, you have to manage and monitor numerous AWS services including-
Routine Task Performed By AWS SysOps Admin
AWS SysOps Administrator is responsible for performing a number of activities and must have a sound understanding of deployment, management of applications over the cloud.They are mainly responsible for cloud management. They take charge once any application is designed and developed and get ready to move on cloud. Here are the day to day activities that AWS SysOps admin are responsible for:
- Ensuring the fault tolerance level on the basis of business needs
- Monitoring and managing cost optimization and billing processes
- Deploying and Monitoring application performance
- Ensuring availability of the applications on the AWS platform
- Optimization of cloud environment for ensuring maximum performance
- Identification and rectification of potential issues on the given application deployment
- Provisioning cloud resources and managing automation implementation
- Creating backups for different AWS applications and services
- Identifying bottlenecks and implementing fast remedies
- Managing disaster recovery processes and ensuring procedures for backups
- Implementation, management and automation of security policies
- Ensuring secure access controls and data integrity while using the AWS platform
- Learn the metrics and monitor the usage of several AWS resources with the help of Amazon CloudWatch
- Maintain the backups of these AWS resources with the help of different AWS services
- Reduce the production time and deploy the infrastructure for automation
- Manage & maintain AWS resources and also work on resource tagging to
- designate plans and costs for governance, reporting, and budgeting
- Build and manage Bastion Hosts, C2S access points, VPC, and more applications
These were some major responsibilities of an AWS SysOps Administrator. If you want to explore, check AWS SysOps Roles and responsibility guide for in-depth knowledge.
Skills That Can Help You Land A Job With Lucrative AWS SysOps Administrator Salary
Here are the industry-related skills recruiters expect an AWS SysOps Administrator to have.
To land a job with lucrative AWS SysOps Administrator Salary, you should have sound knowledge of:
- EC2-Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud is a part of Amazon.com's cloud-computing platform, Amazon Web Services, that allows users to rent virtual computers on which to run their computer applications.
- VPC- A VPC is a virtual network that resembles a traditional network you'd operate in your data center. After you create a VPC, you can add subnets.
- Opsworks- AWS OpsWorks is a configuration management service that provides Chef and Puppet-managed instances. Chef and Puppet are automation platforms that allow you to use code to automate the configurations of your servers.
- Opsworks with RDS- After you associate an Amazon RDS instance with an app, AWS OpsWorks Stacks puts the database connection information on the app's servers. The application on each server instance can then use this information to connect to the database.
- Cloudwatch- Amazon CloudWatch is a monitoring and management service that provides data and actionable insights for AWS, on-premises, hybrid, and other cloud applications and infrastructure resources.
- S3- Amazon S3 or Amazon Simple Storage Service is a service offered by Amazon Web Services that provides object storage through a web service interface. Amazon S3 uses the same scalable storage infrastructure that Amazon.com uses to run its e-commerce network.
- Cloud trail- AWS CloudTrail is an AWS service that helps you enable operational and risk auditing, governance, and compliance of your AWS account. Actions taken by a user, role, or an AWS service are recorded as events in CloudTrail.
- Direct Connect- Direct Connect is a peer-to-peer file-sharing protocol. Direct Connect clients connect to a central hub and can download files directly from one another. Advanced Direct Connect can be considered a successor protocol. Hubs feature a list of clients or users connected to them.
- IAM- Identity management, also known as identity and access management, is a framework of policies and technologies to ensure that the right users have the appropriate access to technology resources. IdM systems fall under the overarching umbrellas of IT security and data management.
Apart from all these skills, you should know how to operate and administrator systems on the AWS platform with great capabilities of Troubleshooting and monitoring metrics.
If you are confused about how to begin working on these skills and gain basic knowledge of AWS SysOps, go through the AWS SysOps learning path guide and take your next step. Check what you have learned so far and also practice test questions with AWS Quiz.
Other AWS SysOps Admin Related Jobs with Average Compensation
AWS Solution Architect Training and Certification
- Personalized Free Consultation
- Access to Our Learning Management System
- Access to Our Course Curriculum
- Be a Part of Our Free Demo Class
Final Thoughts on AWS SysOps Admin Salary
With growing digitization, the demand for skilled and certified AWS SysOps Admin is higher than ever. Considering the complexity, companies are willing to pay heavy salary packages to own the desired talent. To get a bright AWS SysOps Admin career with a lucrative salary, you need to master the industry-demanding technical skills, for that, it’s advisable to have a formal AWS SysOps Admin Training from JanBask.
Hope this article has helped you get familiar with AWS SysOps career with realistic AWS SysOps Admin average salary numbers. Join our JanBask community to get professional guidance and support in your career.
If you are interested in knowing about our AWS SysOps Admin course module or anything in detail about the certified AWS SysOps Admin Salary, feel free to comment below!
Learn more, grow more!!
Q1. Are there any prospects in AWS SysOps Administrator’s careers?
Ans: AWS SysOps Administrators have a bright career outlook. In the next few years, companies will keep shifting their applications and information to the cloud, thus increasing the demand for AWS SysOps Administrators. Aws certified sysops administrator salary is very lucrative and one should earn it with aws training.
Q2. What should I do if I need to become a certified AWS SysOps Administrator?
Ans: You will be certified after successfully passing the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Certified SysOps administrator – associate or professional exam. Earn promising aws certified sysops administrator - associate salary with the right aws certification.
Q3: How do I increase my chances of being selected for an AWS SysOps job, which is very lucrative?
Ans- Connect to others who practice AWS, develop a track record of your efforts, and learn about recent AWS advances. Be in demand and earn aws sysops certification salary that is desired by all.
Q4. What is the average aws payscale at entry level?
Ans- The average hourly pay for an Aws Entry Level in the United States is $21.57 an hour. The AWS Cloud Practitioner's entry-level salary ranges between ₹ 1.9 Lakhs to ₹ 6.5 Lakhs with an average annual salary of ₹ 3.6 Lakhs in India.
- AWS & Fundamentals of Linux
- Amazon Simple Storage Service
- Elastic Compute Cloud
- Databases Overview & Amazon Route 53
1 day 12 Dec 2023
- Intro to DevOps
- GIT and Maven
- Jenkins & Ansible
- Docker and Cloud Computing
-0 day 11 Dec 2023
- Data Science Introduction
- Hadoop and Spark Overview
- Python & Intro to R Programming
- Machine Learning
11 days 22 Dec 2023
- Architecture, HDFS & MapReduce
- Unix Shell & Apache Pig Installation
- HIVE Installation & User-Defined Functions
- SQOOP & Hbase Installation
5 days 16 Dec 2023
- Salesforce Configuration Introduction
- Security & Automation Process
- Sales & Service Cloud
- Apex Programming, SOQL & SOSL
4 days 15 Dec 2023
- Introduction and Software Testing
- Software Test Life Cycle
- Automation Testing and API Testing
- Selenium framework development using Testing
3 days 14 Dec 2023
- BA & Stakeholders Overview
- BPMN, Requirement Elicitation
- BA Tools & Design Documents
- Enterprise Analysis, Agile & Scrum
4 days 15 Dec 2023
MS SQL Server
- Introduction & Database Query
- Programming, Indexes & System Functions
- SSIS Package Development Procedures
- SSRS Report Design
5 days 16 Dec 2023
- Features of Python
- Python Editors and IDEs
- Data types and Variables
- Python File Operation
4 days 15 Dec 2023
- Components of AI
- Categories of Machine Learning
- Recurrent Neural Networks
- Recurrent Neural Networks
12 days 23 Dec 2023
- Introduction to Machine Learning & Python
- Machine Learning: Supervised Learning
- Machine Learning: Unsupervised Learning
4 days 15 Dec 2023
- Introduction to Tableau Desktop
- Data Transformation Methods
- Configuring tableau server
- Integration with R & Hadoop
5 days 16 Dec 2023