Are you seeking to bolster your career prospects in the ever-evolving world of technology? Look no further than obtaining a cyber security certification. This prestigious credential not only equips you with a wealth of knowledge, skills, and expertise dedicated to safeguarding essential digital assets but also sets you apart from the competition in the IT realm.
Furthermore, this achievement translates into lucrative opportunities, as organizations extensively rely on certified cyber security experts to protect their sensitive data and invest in their continuous growth. Don't delay - embark on this journey to professional excellence and make a tangible difference in a digital world that desperately depends on security stalwarts like you.
What Are The Best Cyber Security Certifications to Boost Your Career?
Cyberattacks are a significant concern in the US. The severity of these attacks can range from a slight annoyance to devastating. And several preventive measures needs to be followed for each kind of cyber attack. An ultimate guide to cyber attack will help you stand up and defend different tyeps of cyberataacks.
Companies like Facebook, Panera Bread, Under Armour, and Uber made headlines after having customer information at stake. The demand for the best certification for cyber security is increasing with rising breach concerns. Companies are looking to hire top talent who are well-equipped with skills and industry knowledge. Below have a list of some of the best Cybersecurity certifications to opt for
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) - Certified ethical hacking is one of the best certificates for cyber security lets students get into real-time scenarios and understand the different ways hackers penetrate networks and steal information. Students learn how to test, scan, hack, and protect their systems.
- CompTIA Security+ - CompTIA Security+ certification is for those seeking basic IT security knowledge. It helps build a solid foundation that you can enhance with other courses.
- Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP) - Much in demand and top certifications for cyber security is the Certified Information System Security Professional course. For many IT companies, CISSP is a base requirement for employees responsible for network security.
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) - Many CISM certification holders pursue a CISO title, a position that earns an average of $160,000 per year, according to PayScale.
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) - These top certifications for cyber security focuses on information auditing and demonstrates that you have rigorous audit experience and are capable of managing vulnerabilities and instituting controls at an enterprise level.
- NIST Cybersecurity Framework (NCSF) - NCSF certifications ensure that cybersecurity professionals have the key skills to design, test, build, and manage a cybersecurity program using the NIST Cybersecurity Framework.
- Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP) - The CCSP certification ensures a deep understanding of cloud security architecture, design, operations, and services.
- Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator (CHFI) - The CHFI is an advanced certification for forensic network security investigators. It certifies your ability to gather the necessary evidence and prosecute offenders in a court of law.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Security - The CCNA certification establishes a strong foundation for job roles, including network security specialist, network support engineer, and security administrator
Learn In Detail About Top Cyber Security Certifications
Network+ Cyber Security Analyst Certification
The goal of the Network+ certification is to measure participants’ foundational knowledge of how systems and networks communicate and interact. In order to receive this best certificates for cyber security, you must understand the following:
- Networking concepts
- Networking operations
- Network security
- Network troubleshooting and tools
Security+ Cyber Security Certification Online
Like Network+, Security+ is earned through CompTIA and is arguably the most critical cybersecurity certification, as it provides a foundational understanding of cryptography, risk management, and vulnerabilities.
To pass the Security+ exam, you will need to have a thorough understanding of the following:
- Threats, attacks, and vulnerabilities
- Identity and access management
- Risk management
- Network architecture and design
- Cryptography and KPI
Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
Having your Security+ is a huge plus here as the goal of this best certificates for cyber security is to get you thinking like a hacker so you can thwart attacks against your employer.
Prepare from information systems and networking, security controls, and network attacks.
Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
CISSP certification is obtained through the International Information System Security Certification Consortium, or (ISC)⊃2;
As one of the top cybersecurity certifications, the CISSP covers vulnerability mitigation in web-based systems, cryptography concepts, investigations, as well as professional ethics.
Prepare from information systems, or by getting CISSP certification training.
Licensed Penetration Tester (LPT)
The LPT is an expert-level designation overseen by the EC-Council and given only to those who have mastered cybersecurity techniques; it is arguably the pinnacle of cybersecurity certifications. This best certificates for cyber security covers mastery-level cybersecurity concepts, including multi-level pivoting, OS exploits, SSH tunneling, and privilege escalation.
Anyone who receives this best cybersecurity certification is expected to make decisions under pressure that can impact the network security of an entire company.
What Is The Eligibility For Cyber Security Certifications Course?
Anyone pondering the best certifications for cybersecurity and interested in cybersecurity certifications training roadmap can join this course. Here is a list of users who should take the cybersecurity certification path on priority and join Online Cyber Security Training.
- The online cyber security course could be taken by IT Managers, System managers, Security professionals, Network engineers, Technical support engineers, Law enforcement officers, Government agencies, Finance experts, Insurance agents, or banking professionals, etc.
- The basic knowledge of popular networking concepts, Linux/Unix operating systems, and wireless technologies would be an added advantage.
- This is the right time to give an edge to your career and explore the best cybersecurity principles by remote learning as per your comfort.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 50% or equivalent passing marks.
- No coding experience is required
What Skills You Learn In Cyber Security Certification Path?
On the completion of the cybersecurity online course, you will be able to clear the best cybersecurity certifications exams and accomplish the following skills -
- The online cybersecurity certifications course will help you in gaining a strong understanding of security concepts and make your journey smooth in the cybersecurity domain.
- On completing the program, you would learn fundamental concepts like security essentials, cloud security, cryptography, network security, app security, data safety, cyber-attacks, identity theft, or access management.
- You would be able to understand the information assurance principles and identify the significant components of cybersecurity network architecture too.
- Master popular security skills and learn the best practices involved in risk management.
- Additionally, you would be able to understand different security tools and network management techniques and work on different types of attacks too.
- Learn about system threats, what is threat modelling, the latest IT security techniques, and vulnerabilities, and give a proper response to plenty of cybersecurity incidents.
What Roles Are Much In Demand Post-Cyber Security Certification Course?
These experts are responsible for maintaining the security of enterprise computer systems. So they are up to date with the latest tools, cybersecurity skills, and industry standards. They perform very intriguing operations to prevent cyber attacks.
IT Security Engineer
The role of the IT security engineer is quality control in the IT environment, ensuring the avoidance of any threats.
Due to a shortage of certified cybersecurity experts within an organization, they turn to security consultants.
Security Software Developers
They are much in demand for the need to develop new applications to stop hackers. They work extensively on cloud platforms and leverage their expertise.
Security Incident Responder
These experts are curious about the motive of an attack and create an efficient system to avoid the same. An increase in cybercriminal activity has increased the demand for Security Incident Responders.
Security Systems Administrator
They defend systems against unauthorized access and establish security requirements for enterprise networks.
Data Security Strategist
With enterprises moving towards AI and IoT initiatives, data security strategists are in high demand. Their role focuses on optimizing data security functions and data storage. Along with creating policies needed to protect stored data.
Much in demand, these experts work on acquiring the necessary funding, resources, and awareness for critical security projects. This specialist maintains the security of a computer network through testing, updates, and protection.
Companies Hiring Professionals With The Best Cybersecurity Certifications
Top companies are looking for certified cybersecurity professionals with the best cybersecurity certifications, to name a few:
Federal Reserve Bank of New York,
Tips For Passing Best Certifications For Cyber Security
- Find The Preparation Materials That Work Best For You - Find the best quality content, online Cybersecurity course that is flexible enough to suit your study style and routine and provide you with the best instructions from industry experts, live or streamed courses, e-book or printed study guides, practice exams, quiz apps for your phone, and similar resources.
- Get Through The Exam Content - Cover every topic and subject without taking anything for granted or keeping it for the last minute. You will be tested on each parameter and every minute detail related to cybersecurity.
- Find the business career in cubersecurity that fits you better.
- Take Notes, Lots Of Notes - As you must go through extensive course material, taking notes can sail you through the best way. Keep precise notes to clear any doubts at the last minute.
- Understand, Don’t Just Memorize Answers - You must apply what you learn, so understand the application in the real world rather than just mugging to clear the examination.
Why Cyber Security Certification Is In High Demand?
- According to The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics Information Security Analyst's Outlook, cybersecurity jobs are among the fastest-growing career areas nationally. The BLS predicts cybersecurity jobs will grow 31% through 2029, over seven times faster than the national average job growth of 4%.
- Cybersecurity professionals salary with the best cybersecurity certifications and cloud security skills can gain a $15,025 premium by capitalizing on strong market demand for their skills.
- DevOps and Application Development Security professionals can expect to earn a $104,441 per year salary premium based on their unique, in-demand skills.
Obtaining the best certification for cybersecurity proves your proficiency in the niche. Various Companies like KPMG have doubled the size of their future scope of cybersecurity in recent years. Thereby, a tremendous opportunity is already open; in fact, the need for experienced professionals with cybersecurity analyst certification is so high that companies are willing to pay a premium salary of over the average annual salary of $113,270 per year to top talent. This has increased the cybersecurity budget by 14.1% to US$144.3 billion in 2023. And to grab this space, you need the best cybersecurity certification.
What Are The Benefits Of Best Cybersecurity Certifications
Top Cybersecurity certifications also show that you’ve got the knowledge of the best practices and security strategies for managing company privacy and security. By getting the best cybersecurity certifications, IT professionals profit from detailed training modules and exam preparation materials. Together with professional expertise, the best certificate for cyber security is the best way to demonstrate employees’ credibility to the organization.
Entry-level cyber security certifications are a good starting point if you’re wondering how to get started in cybersecurity. Similarly, if you’re looking for a more cutting-edge role with a higher cybersecurity salary, the best certificate for cyber security can help you accomplish your goal by boosting your cybersecurity resume.
- Market Positioning - Cyber Security Certification for beginners helps you stand out and is a key differentiator between you and other candidates applying for the same job role. Candidates with the same experience and skill sets but the one with the best cybersecurity certifications grants the job. For college students getting certification adds value to the portfolio. An organization that is seeking to hire a cybersecurity professional can hire certified cybersecurity professionals with the full confidence of knowing the person is skilled and experienced and will perform their tasks ethically. It also means your skillset can be verified and recognized globally rather than being country-specific.
- Employers Place You High - Getting the best certificate for cyber security along with your current roles shows the level of interest and the ambition to move ahead, which impresses any employer. It increases your chances of asking for pay hikes and enhanced positions within the organization.
- Extensive Knowledge - Holding the best cyber security certification demonstrates your knowledge and expertise in the field, creating a benchmark for your skill sets and capabilities.
- Attest Your Character - As a certified cybersecurity professional, you not only meet a high capability standard, but you also commit to upholding a code of ethics, with your certification path also requiring that an existing credential holder can attest to your good character.
What Is Cyber Security Certifications Future Scope and Salary?
Cybersecurity is amongst the most sought-after jobs in the USA. Important skills required include good communication skills, flexibility to advance technologies, risk-analyzing, and management.
- The average salary of cyber security professional in the USA ranges from $88 325 to $1,64,861 per annum or 62 USD. And $57.67 per hour.
- According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment for cyber security professionals will grow 31% by 2029.
Share your credentials at the Cyber security certification training for us to share the right career path, curriculum, and all essential details.
What Is The Objective Of Cyber Security Certification Programs Online?
The online cyber security training is designed to offer students the skills to examine and figure out security challenges in networks and computer devices to protect IT infrastructure and design, build, analyze, and determine secure software. You’ll fulfill the following objectives
- You’ll get comprehensive knowledge about the implementation of technical strategies, tools, and techniques to secure data and information for your organization.
- How to adhere to ethical security behavior for mitigation and risk analysis.
- Understand cloud computing structure and how to protect the data.
- Comprehend legal requirements, privacy issues, and audit process methodologies within the cloud environment.
- Focus on IT compliance and the integrity of enterprise systems to establish a more secure enterprise IT framework.
A career through the best cyber security certifications will definitely get you plenty of opportunities. Since it's a security-focused job, to mark a niche, you need professional certification, strong practical skills, strong communication skills, and in-depth knowledge of industry standards, the latest technology there’s prevailing in the industry, the current threat landscape, tools that are required to mitigate any kind of cyber security threats and avoid damages.
From the aforementioned top certifications for cyber security list, getting the right certification that matches your skills and outlook will help you advance in cybersecurity. So if you have made up your mind to work through the much-in-demand certification and wondering how to learn Cyber Security course near me, or need guidance over the cyber security certification roadmap, or what is the best certification for cyber security certification for you? Let our industry and subject matter experts at cybersecurity certification training sail you through. Share your details with us so that we can guide about the best cyber security certifications, help you with career counseling, and every required detail.
Q1. How do I become cybersecurity certified?
For clearing security certifications, you can opt for the best cybersecurity certifications course per your credentials and expertise. Here is the cybersecurity certification list you can opt for
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- CompTIA Security+
- Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- NIST Cybersecurity Framework (NCSF)
- Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP)
- Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator (CHFI)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Security
Q2. Are cyber security certifications worth it?
Cybersecurity professionals are in high demand in every industry. A recent LinkedIn search for “cybersecurity” resulted in more than 50,000 search results, including
- Deloitte with more than 1,500
- Booz Allen Hamilton with almost 1,000 postings
- ClearedJobs.Net with approximately 5,000
- ClearanceJobs with more than 6,000
All the top sectors need cybersecurity professionals including
- Financial services
These numbers are encouraging enough to show how worth the certification is and make you get on the cybersecurity certification roadmap.
Q3. What are the eligibility criteria for a cybersecurity certification path?
- The course could be taken by IT Managers, System managers, security professionals, network engineers, technical support engineers, law enforcement officers, government agencies, finance experts, Insurance agents, or banking professionals, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 50% or equivalent passing marks.
- No coding experience required
Q4. What are the salary and future scope post cybersecurity analyst certification course?
According to The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics Information Security Analyst's Outlook, cybersecurity jobs are among the fastest-growing career areas nationally. The BLS predicts cybersecurity jobs will grow 31% through 2029, over seven times faster than the national average job growth of 4%
Q5. Will I get a job after the cybersecurity certifications course?
Thereby a tremendous opportunity is already open; in fact, the need for experienced professionals is so high that companies are willing to pay a premium salary of over Rs 1.5 to 4 crore to top talent. This has increased the cybersecurity budget by 71% as observed by PwC in its 2016 report.
Q6. How does JanBask Training help me to become a better Cybersecurity professional?
At JanBask Training, we not only help you prepare for any certification, but we also help you prepare for a satisfying & growing profession. We aim to teach you in-demand skills depending on real-time industry projects. And provide you with practical resources that are important for pursuing cybersecurity skills, like market research e-learning materials, real case studies, etc.
Q7. Are Cybersecurity certificates really worth it?
Yes. Cybersecurity certifications ensure employers that you’ve got the required knowledge in particularly critical areas of the cybersecurity domain. Most organizations list them as a part of their job descriptions. Therefore investing in them can help you set yourself apart.
Q8. Is Cybersecurity hard to learn?
Cybersecurity is a challenging field, and it is constantly evolving. You can be well on your way to a successful cybersecurity career using the right certifications and support.
Q9. Do I need to know programming languages for Cybersecurity?
Q10. How long does it take to learn cybersecurity?
It mainly depends on your level of existing knowledge, the hours you’ll be able to devote, and how you learn. Considering yourself competent in cybersecurity could take about two years of hands-on experience. This time frame may increase as you upskill further with resources and certifications.
- AWS & Fundamentals of Linux
- Amazon Simple Storage Service
- Elastic Compute Cloud
- Databases Overview & Amazon Route 53
3 days 04 Oct 2023
- Intro to DevOps
- GIT and Maven
- Jenkins & Ansible
- Docker and Cloud Computing
5 days 06 Oct 2023
- Data Science Introduction
- Hadoop and Spark Overview
- Python & Intro to R Programming
- Machine Learning
1 day 02 Oct 2023
- Architecture, HDFS & MapReduce
- Unix Shell & Apache Pig Installation
- HIVE Installation & User-Defined Functions
- SQOOP & Hbase Installation
12 days 13 Oct 2023
- Salesforce Configuration Introduction
- Security & Automation Process
- Sales & Service Cloud
- Apex Programming, SOQL & SOSL
-1 day 30 Sep 2023
- Introduction and Software Testing
- Software Test Life Cycle
- Automation Testing and API Testing
- Selenium framework development using Testing
-1 day 30 Sep 2023
- BA & Stakeholders Overview
- BPMN, Requirement Elicitation
- BA Tools & Design Documents
- Enterprise Analysis, Agile & Scrum
-1 day 30 Sep 2023
MS SQL Server
- Introduction & Database Query
- Programming, Indexes & System Functions
- SSIS Package Development Procedures
- SSRS Report Design
5 days 06 Oct 2023
- Features of Python
- Python Editors and IDEs
- Data types and Variables
- Python File Operation
6 days 07 Oct 2023
- Components of AI
- Categories of Machine Learning
- Recurrent Neural Networks
- Recurrent Neural Networks
20 days 21 Oct 2023
- Introduction to Machine Learning & Python
- Machine Learning: Supervised Learning
- Machine Learning: Unsupervised Learning
33 days 03 Nov 2023
- Introduction to Tableau Desktop
- Data Transformation Methods
- Configuring tableau server
- Integration with R & Hadoop
12 days 13 Oct 2023