Test automation plays a vital part in the whole life cycle of a software program.A maximum number of the time when you wish to get ready for an automation testers interview, you emphasize primarily only on the tool-specific questions. Whereas you should lay more emphasis on the fact that knowledge of the various tools is just a means and it’s not the ultimate goal in the end. So every time you are getting ready for an automation tester interview, you have to study “Automation” as a whole and emphasize the structure and the steps involved in it.For your benefit.
we have divided the article into different sections:
- Automation Testing Interview Questions
- Automation Testing Interview Questions And Answers
- Automation Testing Interview Questions For Fresher
- Automation Testing Interview Questions For Experienced
Automation Testing Interview Questions
We have compiled a few basic questions that are likely to be asked to you in an automation testing interview.
Automation Testing Interview Questions and Answers
For an individual who is likely to attend an interview on Automated testing interview shortly, here are the most prevalent interview questions and answers that will help you in the right way. Here, we have encompassed the top regularly asked questions with answers to help Freshers and the experienced.
Automation Testing Interview Questions For Freshers
Q1). Explain what is automation testing?
Automation Testing is a procedure which is performed with an automation tool to write and then implement tester's test scripts and cases. The primary purpose of Automation Testing is to lessen the number of test cases to be run by hand and not disregard Manual Testing all in all.
Read: How To Become A Quality Assurance Tester?
Q2). When will you automate a test?
Automation is usually preferred in following cases
- When the task is repetitive
- Smoke and Sanity Tests
- Test where multiple sets of data are involved
- Regression test cases
- Commonly, the decision is taken after a careful consideration of ROI (Return on Investment)
Q3). When is it not appropriate to automate testing?
One should not automate in following cases
- When the Application which has to undergo the Test changes regularly
- Test cases that are to be done only once
- Adhoc or Random testing
Q4). What are the steps involved in the Automation Process?
In the automation process, the steps that are involved are
- Selecting an appropriate Test tool
- Definingthe scope of the automation process
- Planning, designing, and development of the automation process
- Test execution
- Maintenance of automation
Q5). List down the points that are covered during the planning phase of automation?
During the planning stage of automation testing, the things which must be taken into consideration are
- Selecting the correct Automation tool.
- Selecting the Automation Framework if any.
- Listing down the in scope and out of scope items for the purpose of automation.
- Setup Environment of the test.
- Makingof the Grant Chart for the Project timelines for the purpose of test script development as well as execution.
- Recognize Test Deliverable
Q6). What is the condition that is unsuitable for the use of automation testing for the Agile methodologies?
- Automation testing is not a good option for agile methods in subsequent circumstances
- As soon as Agile testing asks for frequent changes in requirements
- When extensive level of papers is required in Agile
- It is only proper for those reversion tests during agile testing like uninterrupted integration
Q7). List down the primary features of a good automation tool?
- Test Environment backing
- Easy to use
- Decent repairing ability
- Healthy object identification
- Object and Image analysis aptitudes
- Object identification
- Ability to test database
- Should be able to upkeep multiple frameworks
Q8). What are the various kinds of the frameworks that can be used in software automation testing?
In software automation testing four kinds of frameworks are usually used
- Keyword driven automation framework
- Data-driven automation framework
- Hybrid automation framework
- Modular automation framework
Q9). What is Depth Testing ?
A test that workouts a specific feature of a product in complete detail.
Q10). What is Dynamic Testing ?
Testing software through implementing it.
Read: What is JIRA? JIRA Tutorial Guide for Beginner
Automation Testing Interview Questions For Experienced Professionals
Q11). Is it possible to achieve 100% automation?
100% automation is an unlikely scenario to achieve since there would be many control test cases and some cases which are rarely implemented. Automating these cases which are not executed that often will not add any value to the automated suite.
Q12). What is a framework for automation testing?
A framework is an arrangement of thestructure of the whole automation suite. It also refers to a guideline, if followed properly, it can result in a structure which is easy to sustain and develop. These strategies include:
- Coding standards
- Managing the test data
- Sustaining and handling the elements (object repository in QTP)
- Management of environment files and properties file
- Reporting of data
- Managing logs
Q13). Can you do automation testing without a framework?
Frameworks are advised guidelines and not mandatory rules, so it is obvious that you can do without a framework, but if you have creates it and you must follow it, improving and sustaining would be easy to execute.
Q14). Can you explain data-driven testing?
Ordinarily, an application has to be tested with numerous sets of data. For example, a simple login screen, contingent on the user type, will give,unlike rights. For example, if the user is an admin he will have complete rights, while a user will have incomplete rights and support if he only has read-only support rights. In this situation, the testing steps are the same, but with different user ids and passwords. In data-driven testing, inputs to the system are delivered from data files such as Excel, CSV (comma separated values), ODBC, etc. So the values are delivered from these sources and then test steps are performed by automated testing.
Q15). On what factors can you map the success of automation testing?
- By subsequent criteria, the accomplishment of automation testing can be recorded
- Defect Recognition Ratio
- Automation implementation time and time savings to discharge the product
- Decrease in Labour & other prices
Q16). What all different approaches can be used for designing an automation solution?
You can design a test automation solution founded on the following types of frameworks.
- Data-driven automation framework.
- Keyword-driven automation framework.
- Modular automation framework.
- Hybrid automation framework.
- Behavioural driven development framework.
Q17). What are the drawbacks of Manual Testing for which automation testing is an option?
- The requirement of Huge Amount of Human Resources as well as an Environment (Test lab)
- Less Precision
Q18). What is the difference between Testing Techniques and Testing Tools?
- Testing technique: Is a procedure for safeguarding that some features of the application system or unit functions correctly, there may be a few techniques but there are many tools.
- Testing Tools: Is an apparatus for executing a test process. The tool is a reserve to the tester, but it is inadequate to conduct testing
Q19). What is a functional system testing?
Testing the end to end functionality of the structure in totality is defined as a functional system testing.
Q20). What are the benefits of Independent Testing?
Independent testers are impartial and recognize different defects at the same time.
Read: What is STLC? Learn Software Testing Life Cycle Phases
Testing Vs. Different Technologies
- AWS & Fundamentals of Linux
- Amazon Simple Storage Service
- Elastic Compute Cloud
- Databases Overview & Amazon Route 53
3 days 02 Feb 2020
- Intro to DevOps
- GIT and Maven
- Jenkins & Ansible
- Docker and Cloud Computing
4 days 03 Feb 2020
- Data Science Introduction
- Hadoop and Spark Overview
- Python & Intro to R Programming
- Machine Learning
4 days 03 Feb 2020
- Architecture, HDFS & MapReduce
- Unix Shell & Apache Pig Installation
- HIVE Installation & User-Defined Functions
- SQOOP & Hbase Installation
5 days 04 Feb 2020
- Salesforce Configuration Introduction
- Security & Automation Process
- Sales & Service Cloud
- Apex Programming, SOQL & SOSL
11 days 10 Feb 2020
- Introduction and Software Testing
- Software Test Life Cycle
- Automation Testing and API Testing
- Selenium framework development using Testing
4 days 03 Feb 2020
- BA & Stakeholders Overview
- BPMN, Requirement Elicitation
- BA Tools & Design Documents
- Enterprise Analysis, Agile & Scrum
5 days 04 Feb 2020
- Introduction & Database Query
- Programming, Indexes & System Functions
- SSIS Package Development Procedures
- SSRS Report Design
1 day 31 Jan 2020
Receive Latest Materials and Offers on QA Testing Course