AWS Interview Question and Answers
Our experts at JanBask Training have drafted a list of AWS interview questions and answers that have utmost probability to get asked during your AWS interview.
AWS Interview Questions
- Describe the definition of AWS?
- What are the basic structures of the Amazon EC2 service?
- What are the main components of AWS?
- Explain in detail the function of Amazon Machine Image (AMI)?
- What is the connection between Instance and AMI?
- Describe storage for Amazon EC2 occurrence.
- Describe what is S3?
- Can S3 be cast-off with EC2 instances, in case of “Yes” please specify How?
- If I’m expending Amazon Cloud Front, can I custom Direct Connect to handover objects from my own data centre?
- If my AWS Direct Connect flops, will I lose my connection?
- Describe Amazon Machine Image and what is the connection between Instance and AMI?
AWS Interview Questions and Answers
Q1). Describe the definition of AWS?
Answer: AWS means the Amazon Web Service; it is a gathering of remote computing facilities also identified as cloud computing stage. This new-fangled dominion of cloud computing is also recognized as IaaS which means Infrastructure as a Service.
Q2). What are the basic structures of the Amazon EC2 service?
Answer: As the Amazon EC2 service is a cloud facility so it has entirely all the cloud features. Amazon EC2 delivers the subsequent features:
- Virtual computing atmosphere (popular as instances)
- Pre-configured patterns for your illustrations (popular as Amazon Machine Images – AMIs)
- Amazon Machine Images known as AMIs is a comprehensive set that you require for your server (counting the operating system and extra software)
- Amazon EC2 delivers numerous arrangements of Storage, CPU, memory, and networking measurements for your occurrences (popular as instance type)
- Locked login data for your cases by means of key pair (AWS supplies the public vital and you can supply the inaccessible key in a safe place)
- Storage capacities of provisional data is erased when you stop or dismiss your occurrence (popular as occurrence store volumes)
- Amazon EC2 delivers tenacious storage volumes (by means of Amazon Elastic Block Store – EBS)
- A firewall that permits you to stipulate the procedures, docks, and source IP ranges that can spread your occurrences using security groups
- Stationary IP addresses for lively cloud computing (popular as Elastic IP address)
- Amazon EC2 delivers metadata (popular as tags)
- Amazon EC2 offers virtual systems that are reasonably secluded from the rest of the AWS cloud, and that you can optionally attach to your own system (recognized as virtual private clouds – VPCs)
Q3). What are the main components of AWS?
Answer: Elow mentioned are the key components of AWS:
- Route 53: A DNS web facility
- Easy E-mail Facility: It permits transfer of e-mail using RESTFUL API demand or through consistent SMTP
- Self and Access Organization: It offers improved security and uniqueness management for your AWS account
- Simple Storage Device known as S3: It is a storing device and the greatest extensively used AWS service
- Elastic Compute Cloud known as EC2: It offers on-demand computing properties for hosting requests. It is very valuable in case of random workloads
- Elastic Block Store known as EBS: It delivers determined storage volumes that assign to EC2 to permit you to continue data past the lifetime of a single EC2
- CloudWatch: To screen AWS possessions, it permits administrators to assess and gather key. Similarly, one can set an announcement alarm in case of issue
Q4). Explain in detail the function of Amazon Machine Image (AMI)?
Answer: An Amazon Machine Image AMI is a pattern that comprises a software conformation (for instance, an operative system, a request server, and applications). From an AMI, we present an example, which is a duplicate of the AMI successively as a virtual server in the cloud. We can even offer plentiful examples of an AMI.
Q5). What is the connection between Instance and AMI?
Answer: We can launch diverse types of occurrences from a lone AMI. An example type basically controls the hardware of the host processer used for your example. Each occurrence type offers dissimilar calculate and memory competences. After we introduce an instance, it looks like an old-style host, and we can interrelate with it as we would do with any mainframe. We have comprehensive control of our examples; we can usage pseudo to run instructions that need root rights.
AWS Interview Questions and Answers Fresher
Q6). Describe storage for Amazon EC2 occurrence.
Answer: Amazon EC2 offers numerous data storage choices for your occurrences. Each choice has an exclusive mixture of presentation and sturdiness. These storages can be used self-sufficiently or in grouping to suit your necessities.
There are chiefly four types of storage offered by AWS.
- Amazon EBS: Its sturdy, block-level storage capacities can involve in running Amazon EC2 occurrence. The Amazon EBS volume continues self-sufficiently from the running lifespan of an Amazon EC2 occurrence. After an EBS volume is involved to an example, you can use it like any other bodily hard drive. Amazon EBS encryption feature provisions encryption feature.
- Amazon EC2 Instance Store: Storage disk that is involved to the host computer is mentioned to as occurrence store. The instance storage offers provisional block-level storing for Amazon EC2 instances. The data on an illustration store volume perseveres only during the life of the related Amazon EC2 instance; if you halt or dismiss an instance, any data on occurrence store volumes is misplaced.
- Amazon S3: Amazon S3 delivers access to dependable and budget data storage organization. It is intended to make web-scale calculating simpler by permitting you to store and save any amount of data, at any period, from within Amazon EC2 or anyplace on the web.
- Addition Storage: Every time your presentation an occurrence from an AMI, a root storage device is twisted for that occurrence. The root storage device comprises all the information essential to boot the occurrence. You can stipulate storage volumes in calculation to the root device volume when you generate an AMI or present an instance using hunk device mapping.
Q7). Describe what is S3?
Answer: S3 is known for Simple Storage Service. You can custom S3 interface to supply and recover any quantity of data, at any time and from anyplace on the web. For S3, the expense model is “pay as you go”.
Q8). Can S3 be cast-off with EC2 instances, in case of “Yes” please specify How?
Answer: Yes, it can be cast-off for instances with root approaches backed by native occurrence storage. By using Amazon S3, developers have access to the similar extremely scalable, dependable, fast, low-priced data storage substructure that Amazon uses to track its own worldwide network of web sites. In order to perform systems in the Amazon EC2 atmosphere, developers use the tools providing to load their Amazon Machine Images (AMIs) into Amazon S3 and to transfer them between Amazon S3 and Amazon EC2. Additional use case might be for websites hosted on EC2 to load their stationary content from S3.
Read More: AWS Developer learning path & Career Scope
Q9). If I’m expending Amazon Cloud Front, can I custom Direct Connect to handover objects from my own data centre?
Answer: Yes. Amazon Cloud Front provisions custom origins counting origins from separate of AWS. With AWS Direct Connect, you will be exciting with the particular data transfer rates.
Q10). If my AWS Direct Connect flops, will I lose my connection?
Answer: If a gridlock AWS Direct connect has been arranged, in the occasion of a let-down it will change over to the second one. It is optional to permit Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD) when arranging your influences to safeguard faster recognition and failover. On the other hand, if you have organized a backup IPsec VPN joining as an alternative, all VPC traffic will failover to the backup VPN connection routinely.
Q11). Describe Amazon Machine Image and what is the connection between Instance and AMI?
Answer: Amazon Web Services offers numerous ways to contact Amazon EC2, like web-based border, AWS Command Line Interface CLI as well as Amazon Tools for Windows Power Shell. Initially, you are required to sign up for an AWS version and you can contact Amazon EC2. Amazon EC2 offers a Query API. These requirements are HTTP or HTTPS requirements that practice the HTTP verbs GET or POST and a Query constraint called Action.
Read More: How to Start your Career As a AWS Developer