exclusive offer : Flat 20% off on live classes + 2 free self-paced courses! - SCHEDULE CALL
Today, every business needs to keep a track of its strategies and performance to grow. There are plenty of business analysis tools and techniques available to achieve the same objective. One or a combination of more than one tool or technique can help you in improving employee productivity. Here, we will list the most popular tools for business analysts along with their features, importance, and download links. Then, we will discuss business analysis techniques that should be followed by BA for effective business outcomes.
One of the most common needs for which Business Analysts require some tools is to understand needs and business requirements. Along with that, Business Analysts also use these tools for effective project management, planning and prioritizing work, and for some business processes, details of which are explained in the article below.
There are multiple industry-leading business analyst tools for BA. Here are some reasons you should consider:
Business Analyst Training & Certification
The business Analyst tools for BA can be classified into the following functions such as:
List of top 10 tools used by Business Analyst
This is an amazing tool for business analysts that helps enterprises to build their apps and allows aligning business strategies with IT execution.
Case Spec is a special kind of life cycle and business analyst tool that makes project management easier with complete traceability. This tool involves the preparation of test cases, use cases, bugs, tasks, and many other activities.
Features of Case Spec:
Read: The Ultimate Guide to Interaction Overview Diagram
This is again the best in the list of business analysis tools that help managers to view or develop their organizations’ strategy, IT assets, and processes etc.
This tool has the capability to produce prototypes, wireframes, and documentation etc. This tool is frequently used by IT Consultants, business analysts, product managers etc.
This is again a stable, fast, and secure tool in the business analysis tools list that helps in generating reports quickly with a vast amount of data. The tool has plenty of analytics features too.
This is a business analysis tool that allows Companies to maximize the ROI by reducing the overall time and technology usage. You should join an online learning platform to learn this important tool.
This is a business analysis tool that is used widely to provide tough solutions across industries. The tool helps us in keeping pace with hardware complexity and software systems.
This tool in the business analyst tools list offers the working visualization of software and allows businesses to interact or visualize the important requirements.
This is a task management and business analysis used frequently by BAs everywhere. It allows every person in the organization to manage, plan, and report on the work. The JIRA tool has a complete set of creative templates too that can be customized based on business needs and requirements.
This is a useful management tool that converts textual requirements into easy-to-understand diagrams. Once you will go through the diagram, business requirements could be understood well without going through so many documents.
The toolbox of a business analyst is full of dozens of business analysis techniques. These techniques can be used with almost any project and help you in moving forward even in tough conditions. So, let us see these techniques in detail below:
It is a type of business framework in which strengths and weaknesses are internal data factors whereas opportunities and threats are considered as the external data factors.
2. MOST Analysis - M.O.S.T stands for Mission, Objective, Strategy, and Tactics. This analysis is also considered to be powerful as it always works from the top. Moreover, a Business Analyst should always ensure that it grabs the focus towards goals that are most important for the benefit of the organization. This analysis gives a better understanding of the organizations' abilities and purpose and provides answers to the organization in terms of mission and objectives M.O.S.t is used. M.O.S.T stands for:
Importance of MOST analysis
3. PESTLE Analysis - In every organization, there are multiple external macro-environmental factors that can affect the performance of the organization. Moreover, sometimes it is preferred to as the PEST analysis and has been used in multiple organizations.
Let’s understand them one by one:
4. System Analysis - It is a systematic problem-solving method for interpreting facts, focusing on a system's weaknesses, identifying business problems, or decomposition of the system into smaller parts. System analysis is an approach to diminish the error of multiple issues.
It is the process of studying the company’s perspective, identifying its goals, creating a process together to make an efficient system for better future outcomes. For instance, a problem in any organization can be solved in a few hours without analyzing a system completely but sometimes it may create multiple other irrelevant issues. So, it's necessary to better understand the system as it decreases the chances for any problem to arise.
5. Business Model Analysis - It helps us to understand the company business and clears its policies, market approaches, and techniques to give a better understanding of multiple things such as revenue model, value offering to which customer’s segment, cost included in value offering, and what will be the impact of the technique on the company if the business model changes.
Being professionals, we also try to grasp the insight on the necessary factors such as cost of production, marketing, and management. With the complete study of design, production cost, marketing strategy, and effect on possible upcoming changes, A business analyst ensure the growth of company status and revenue for the betterment of the company.
6. Brainstorming - It is a useful technique that is used to generate diverse ideas, to resolve or find a solution for complex problems and to analyze business efficiently. It is also defined as “a group of problem-solving techniques that includes the unsolicited contribution of ideas from all members of the group.”
Moreover in brainstorming, each idea of an individual person is an out of the box idea which is encouraged and considered as independent brainstorming. Some business analysts might advocate for this type of brainstorming technique because it would take less time to achieve a conclusion. However, in large organizations, group brainstorming is practiced to target creative thinking about a problem in order to come up with some new set of ideas, approaches, and options for the betterment of the organization. It is considered to be a group activity having a completely different purpose of generating solutions for the problems faced in the organization.
7. Mind Mapping - It is a very useful and effective business analysis technique that gives an organization a clear and visual understanding of different problems, ideas, thoughts, etc. So that they can make a strong decision for the organization. Structure of Mind Mapping is very similar to the structure of neurons in the brain as it keeps expanding with the addition of new ideas and resources.
Mind mapping analysis techniques: Source
A Business Analyst’s role is to investigate and evaluate problems obtained by any clients or stakeholders. He/She is responsible for solving problems by using mind maps to get structured details of any ideas, thoughts, and information.
The mind mapping technique also ensures that all the factors which are required to analyze have been considered or not to solve the problem. Moreover, there are multiple tools available to make mind maps online such as Freemind, Xmind, Mindmap, Lucidchart, Canva, etc.
8. Process Design - It is a crucial part of the business analysis where a Business Analyst identifies the organization’s process designs and their useful and harmful attributes on an organization. Whereas, process designs are necessary to solve the problems and exploit opportunities in order to monitor and measure the effectiveness of business to ensure harmonious value delivery to consumers effectively.
Moreover, the Process designs can also be described as a future state of any business operation that helps a BA to analyze the existing process design and make changes if required. Also, the business analyst is responsible for understanding the wide business process improvement and maintaining them for the betterment of the organization.
Business Analyst Training & Certification
These are the most important tools for business analysts. Though the best analysis tools mentioned above help to work with business analysts in a smarter way. However, they alone are not the single solution for an organization to succeed. To become a successful and efficient business analyst, you should gain the core business analysis skills as they design their own strategies and techniques.
However, you are strongly recommended using business analysis tools listed earlier to make the business outcomes more effective that could help you in maximizing the overall ROI of the business.
Also, attaining some Business Analyst Certifications provide an excellent roadmap for business analysts to learn the best business analysis practices. However, these are very vast courses that need in-depth, hands-on knowledge of the subject areas.
JanBask has tailored courses for the certification mentioned above along with free tests to help you prepare the candidates to achieve the goal in a shorter period. Along with that, you will get exposure to practice with some of the best business analysis tools.
Share your thoughts on the effective Business Analysis Tools and Techniques in the comments below!
A dynamic, highly professional, and a global online training course provider committed to propelling the next generation of technology learners with a whole new way of training experience.
MS SQL Server
Receive Latest Materials and Offers on Business Analyst Course