After-save flow in Order of execution
As per the latest (Summer 20) update, salesforce introduced the after-save event for flows.
As per the order of execution salesforce https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.apexcode.meta/apexcode/apex_triggers_order_of_execution.htm
Before-save flows run before "before trigger". But the documentation doesn't mention anything on when after-save flow runs, or I'm missing something?
If you’re familiar with Apex triggers, and after-save record-triggered flow is similar to an Apex after the trigger. In a save procedure,after-save record-triggered flows are executed after entitlement rules and before roll-up summary field updates.
Here is an order of execution salesforce
- The original record is loaded from the database.
- System Validation Rules.
- Executes all before triggers.
- Custom Validation rules.
- Executes duplicate rules.
- Saves the record to the database, but doesn't commit yet.
- Executes all after triggers.
- Executes assignment rules.