State some of the advantages as well as drawbacks of R language.
The advantages of the R language are
- R is free to use and is an open-source language which can run on operating systems such as UNIX, Windows and Macintosh.
- It provides excellent help systems and support.
- It is very good and easy graphing libraries and capabilities
- It contains very powerful and useful syntax that has great capabilities of statistical analysis
- It can be extendable with user written functions
Despite such advantages it also contains certain drawbacks. Such can be
- It has a very limited graphical interface.
- The commercial support is quite less compared to other languages
- Syntax issues are quite observed as the command language is a programming language.