Hadoop Interview Questions & Answers 2018
Hadoop is Java-based programming framework which is open source and it facilitates the dispensation and availability of storage space for extremely large data sets in a scattered counting and computing environment. It is an integral part of the Apache project which has been sponsored by the Apache Software Foundation
The market survey shows that the average salary of Big Data Hadoop Developers
is around $135K
. Government analysts have predicted that the requirement for Big Data Managers would grow to a daunting 1.5 million figure by the year end of 2018. To help you build a career in Hadoop
you need to first get yourself a job and we will help you with that. Our team has prepared a list of some of the most frequently asked questions in an interview of Hadoop
Hadoop Interview Questions
- What is Hadoop and what are its workings?
- What is the usage of Hadoop?
- Name some companies that use Hadoop.
- What are the basic features of Hadoop?
- What is a block?
- What is block scanner in HDFS?
- Explain the concept of shuffling in MapReduce?
- What do you understand by distributed Cache in MapReduce Framework?
- What happens in case of a data node failure?
- What is heartbeat in HDFS?
- Can Name Node and Data Node be a product hardware?
- How does NameNode challenge DataNode letdowns?
- What happens when two customers try to contact the same file in the HDFS?
- Explain the difference between HDFS and NAS.
- What is checkpoint node?
- What is the backup node?
- What is the finest hardware configuration to run Hadoop?
- What is the function of MapReduce partitioner?
- Differentiate between an Input Split and HDFS Block?
- What happens in the text format?
Hadoop Interview Questions And Answers
For the Big Data professionals who are going to attend Hadoop interview recently, here is a list of the most popular interview questions as well as their relevant answers that will help you in your interview a lot. Over here, we have included the top frequently asked questions with answers to help the freshers as well as the experienced professionals in the field.
Hadoop Interview Questions And Answers For Freshers
Q1). What Is Hadoop And Its Workings?
When “Big Data” appeared as problematic, Apache Hadoop changed as an answer to it. Apache Hadoop is a context which offers us numerous facilities or tools to store and development of Big Data. It benefits from analyzing Big Data and creation business decisions out of it, which can’t be done professionally and successfully using old-style systems.
Q2). What Is The Usage Of Hadoop?
With Hadoop, the employer can run requests on the systems that have thousands of bulges scattering through countless terabytes. Rapid data dispensation and assignment among nodes helps continuous operation even when a node fails to avert system let-down.
Q3). Name Some Companies That Use Hadoop.
Q4). What Are The Basic Features Of Hadoop?
Inscribed in Java, Hadoop framework has the competence of resolving questions involving Big Data analysis. Its program design model is based on Google MapReduce and substructure is based on Google’s Big Data and dispersed file systems. Hadoop is ascendable and more nodes can be implemented to it.
Q5). What Is A Block?
The minute’s amount of data that can be delivered or written is largely mentioned to as a “block” in HDFS. The defaulting size of a block in HDFS is 64MB.
Q6). What Is Block Scanner In HDFS?
Block Scanner is something that pathways the list of blocks contemporary on a Data Node and confirms them to find any kind of checksum blunders. Block Scanners use a regulating device to standby disk bandwidth on the data node.
Q7). Explain The Concept Of Shuffling In MapReduce?
The procedure by which the system under analysis performs the sort along with the transfers which the map outputs to the given reducer as inputs are known as the shuffle in MapReduce.
Q8). What Do You Understand By Distributed Cache In MapReduce Framework?
Distributed Cache feature of MapReduce framework is very important. When you wish to share any of the files across all the nodes in a given Hadoop Cluster, Distributed Cache is used for that.
Q9). What Happens In Case Of A Datanode Failure?
When a data node fails-
- Jobtracker and name node features perceive the failure
- Under the node failed all of the tasks are re-scheduled
- Namenode reprocesses the user's data to some other node
Q10). What Is Heartbeat In HDFS?
Heartbeat concept is referred to the signal which is used between a data node and a Name node, and also between task tracker as well as the job tracker, in case either the Name node or job tracker does not respond well to the signal sent, then it is automatically considered that there is some issue with the data node or the task tracker.
Hadoop Interview Questions And Answers For Experienced
Q11). Can Name Node And Data Node Be A Product Hardware?
The keen answer to this query would be, DataNodes are product hardware like individual computers and laptops as it supplies data and is compulsory in a big number. But from your knowledge, you can tell that NameNode is the chief node and it supplies metadata about all the chunks stored in HDFS. It needs high memory (RAM) space, so NameNode desires to be a high-end mechanism with decent memory space
Q12). How Do Namenode Challenge Datanode Letdowns?
NameNode occasionally obtains a signal from each of the DataNode in the bunch, which suggests DataNode is operative properly.
A block report comprises a list of all the chunks on a DataNode. If DataNode flops to send a signal message, after an exact period it is noticeable dead.
The NameNode duplicates the blocks of the dead node to additional DataNode using the imitations created earlier.
Q13). What Happens When Two Customers Try To Contact The Same File In The HDFS?
HDFS supports high-class writes only. When the primary client associates the “NameNode” to sweeping the file for writing, the “NameNode” allowances a tenancy to the client to create this file? When another client stabs to open the same file for lettering, the “NameNode” will sign that the lease for the file is previously granted to the additional client, and will cast-off the open request for the additional client.
Q14). Explain The Difference Between HDFS And Nas.
In HDFS Data Blocks are dispersed across all the machinery in a cluster. Whereas in NAS data is stored on an enthusiastic hardware.
Q15). What Is Checkpoint Node?
Checkpoint Node retains track of the up-to-date checkpoint in a directory that has the same erection as that of NameNode’s directory. Checkpoint node produces checkpoints for the namespace at stable intervals by moving the edits and fs image file from the NameNode and integration it locally. The new-fangled image is then again modernized back to the active NameNode.
Q16). What Is Backup Node?
BackupNode: Backup Node also delivers checkpointing functionality like that of the checkpoint node but it also preserves its up-to-date in-memory print of the file structure namespace that is in sync with the vigorous NameNode.
Q17). What Is The Finest Hardware Configuration To Run Hadoop?
The finest formation for performing Hadoop jobs is double core machines or dual mainframes with 4GB or 8GB RAM that practice ECC memory. Hadoop extremely assistances from using ECC recollection though it is not low – end. ECC memory is suggested for running Hadoop since most of the Hadoop users have skilled various checksum faults by using non-ECC memory. Though, the hardware formation also is subject to on the workflow necessities and can change consequently.
Q18). What Is The Function Of Mapreducer Partitioner?
The actual function of MapReduce partitioner is to ensure that all the specified values of a single key go to the same reducer, sooner or later which helps in an even distribution of the map output over the output of the reducer.
Q19). Differentiate Between An Input Split And HDFS Block?
The Logical division of data in Hadoop framework
is known as Split whereas the physical division of data in Hadoop is known as the HDFS Block.
Q20). What Happens In Text Format?
In text input format, each and every line in the text file is a valid record. In Hadoop
, environment value is the content of a line under process whereas the key is the byte offset of the same line.
Hadoop Related Interview Questions and Answers
- Solr Interview Questions & Answers
- Hive Interview Questions & Answers
- HBase Interview Questions & Answers
- Pig Interview Questions & Answers
- Storm Interview Questions & Answers
- Kafka Interview Questions & Answers
- MapReduce Interview Questions & Answers
- Splunk Interview Questions & Answers
- Spark Interview Questions & Answers
- AWS & Fundamentals of Linux
- Amazon Simple Storage Service
- Elastic Compute Cloud
- Databases Overview & Amazon Route 53
4 days 02 Apr 2020
- Intro to DevOps
- GIT and Maven
- Jenkins & Ansible
- Docker and Cloud Computing
5 days 03 Apr 2020
- Data Science Introduction
- Hadoop and Spark Overview
- Python & Intro to R Programming
- Machine Learning
11 days 09 Apr 2020
- Architecture, HDFS & MapReduce
- Unix Shell & Apache Pig Installation
- HIVE Installation & User-Defined Functions
- SQOOP & Hbase Installation
5 days 03 Apr 2020
- Salesforce Configuration Introduction
- Security & Automation Process
- Sales & Service Cloud
- Apex Programming, SOQL & SOSL
2 days 31 Mar 2020
- Introduction and Software Testing
- Software Test Life Cycle
- Automation Testing and API Testing
- Selenium framework development using Testing
1 day 30 Mar 2020
- BA & Stakeholders Overview
- BPMN, Requirement Elicitation
- BA Tools & Design Documents
- Enterprise Analysis, Agile & Scrum
6 days 04 Apr 2020
- Introduction & Database Query
- Programming, Indexes & System Functions
- SSIS Package Development Procedures
- SSRS Report Design
12 days 10 Apr 2020
Receive Latest Materials and Offers on Hadoop Course