Learn all about Manual Testing Principles from Seasoned and Certified Instructors
What is Manual Testing?
A Manual Tester Kills Bugs like a Pro!
Manual Testing is a Software Testing principle in which a tester has to execute test cases manually by building robust test cases. There is no usage of automation scripts or tools. It is one of the oldeststyles of testing and is a good way of finding bugs in any given software system. Though this job requires a lot of effort, it is crucial to learn manual testing as a fundamental step so that one can move into automation testing in the future.
Manual testing comprises of the following testing cycles:
- Acceptance Testing
- White Box Testing
- Black Box Testing
- Unit Testing
- System Testing
- Integration Testing
What is the difference between Manual and Automation Testing?
Note: Selenium, QTP, Jmeter, Loadrunner, TestLink, Quality Center(ALM) are just tools used to automate a manual testing process.
|It performs the same operation over and over, every single time.||It is reliable but not as systematic as automation.|
|It helps in regression testing, where code changes are frequent.||It is advisable to execute test cases for the first time with the help of manual testing. For regression testing, automation can be adopted to find out more defects in such afrequently changing setup.|
|It is useful when test cases need to be executed frequently.||Manual testing will be useful when the test case only needs to run once or twice.|
|Less test engineers or testers are needed to execute such test cases.||A huge pool of testers is needed today in the Manual Testing job market.|
|Automation testing can be done on multiple machines operating on varied Oss and combinations.||Manual testing can be done on multiple OS combinations or platforms, but not in combination. In order to execute this task, testers with different skill sets are required.|
|Automation helps totest complicated applications.||Programming knowledge is sometimes needed to fetch hidden information.|
|Automation is faster sometimes.||Manual testing is slow but not time consuming.|
|It does not help in UI testing||It is highly useful in UI testing|
|Automating the Build Verification Testing (BVT) is a field where automation testing is frequently used.||In order to execute Build Verification Testing (BVT) manual testing can also be done, but it become a little tiresome.|
|Initial cost of setting up automation testing can be very high.||Manual testing is not expensive. It only calls for hiring the right resources with the right skill sets.|
What is the goal of a Manual Test Engineer Ensure that an application is free of errors
The main task of a Manual Test Engineer is to ensure that their application stays error free. It has to work as per specific functional requirements, as set by a client or the organization to which the software belongs. In order to accomplish this goal, test suites or test cases are created and designed over and over during a testing phase. These cases ensure that the application undergoes a 100% test coverage.
Further, manual testing principles also ensure that all the defects that get reported are also fixed end-to end by the development team. Re-testing is also performed if needed on all these fixed defects. Manual testing therefore checks system quality so as to deliver a bug-free product to a customer. Different types of manual testing have been shown below. All of them are executed either manually or by using an automation tool.
What will I learn in the Manual Testing Course from JanBask Training?
Manual Testing variations which that you can master in this course are as follows.
- Build Verification Testing
- Regression Testing
- Alpha Testing
- Beta Testing
- Static Testing
- Dynamic Testing
- Installation Testing
- Compatibility Testing Monkey Testing
- Usability Testing
- Exploratory Testing
- Security Testing
- Port Testing
- Reliability Testing
- Adhoc Testing
Career path of a Tester or Manual Test Engineer
Testing can becomea rewarding career path for aspiring youngsters and professionals.
- Demand for niche skill sets such as SOA testers and Cyber Security testers, are on the rise.
- Besides, there is always a dearth of good manual testers in the industry.
- If a manual tester has scripting skills in VB, Java, Perl, Shell, Python etc., they can later become automation test engineers by evaluating automation tools through he creating of automation framework and reusable components.
- Good performance testers can analyze the actual performance of their test results so as to identify several bottlenecks by suggesting tuning techniques.
What does the future hold for Manual Testing?
Why should I take this course in manual testing from JanBask Training?
If you are not technical enough or do not have too much of technical knowledge, you can become a manual tester easily. That’s good news! This course is a great opportunity for youto improve your testing skills and boost your market value as a tester!?
Join us today to learn end-to-end manual software testing. At JanBask we have curated and designed the complete software testing training course to pick up software testing fundamentals and best practices. We will introduce you to advanced software testing methodologies and techniques with time, as you successfully complete and submit your assignment. This is a self-paced learning program, where you can reattempt the projects and tests to ensure that you know it all!Every single course instructor is a certified and professional test engineer; hence you will get great guidance in your hands-on assignments.
Join the best designed job-oriented Manual Testing Course in the industry only at JanBask Training.
- I am cent percent satisfied with the Manual Testing course at JanBask Training. The course content was very enlightening and crisp. and its content. The trainer was highly professional and was happy to explain all my questions as well as clarify my doubts.The online sessions are very interesting and recorded for free access all the time. Investing in this course was the best decision I ever took.
- This was my first online training course at JanBask Training and my journey so far has been great. Currently I am undergoing an Advanced Citification program from JanBask Training itself as the courses are well curated and self-paced. The exams are also flexi-scheduled to suit the priority of working professionals like me. I am also a free lifetime member of a forum of Manual and Automation Testers from across the globe at JanBask Training. Highly recommended.
- Thank you so much for the certificate JanBask Training and my trainers. The course was truly intensive and actually helped mewiden my knowledge base. My instructor helped me understand every single manual testing concept as well as gave me some extra insights about automation, whenever needed. Thank you for all your help support during the course period. I have truly acquired a lot of knowledge which is helping me in my job, as a professional manual tester. By the way, this course helped me crack the same job. Thank you once again JanBask Training ?!