The pace of technology evolution has outpaced its adoption. It is not uncommon to see many annual tech predictions become obsolete mid-year, many even before they actually hit the live button. Many businesses come up with highly ambitious plans which define technological progress in the year ahead. This spurs innovation at every level the ripples of which are felt across the industry. Technology has become synonymous with everyday living as automation has entered all spheres of our daily lives. This growing dependence on technology has actually cropped the lifecycle of many new entrants, thus making way for new ones.
Read: 4 Simple Ways to Improve Your Leadership Skills
As 2019 progresses, the talk of the day goes from automation to the Internet of Things, irrespective of the size of the organizations. Here are some technologies which will mark their presence in the future.
- Mixed Reality (Virtual, Augmented): This truly marks the future of technology and hence by no doubt finds the place as number one. While Virtual Reality refers to the replacement of a complete real world by a simulated one. Such experiences are very close to a live experience of the place or environment which is being simulated; Augmented Reality is a form of technology which augments the real world elements with computer simulations in real time. This finds use in many fields like archaeology, visual arts, etc. The future, however, holds the next step to this, which is a Mixed Reality which will unleash a cohesive form of user experience. E.g., you may see the whole Solar System around your office desk, etc.
- Artificial Intelligence: Needless to say, AI is already in the limelight and will continue to be technology to watch for in the future. AI basically refers to the systems of computer which are built for copying human intelligence and hence take up tasks like image recognition, speech patterns, decision-making, etc. The best part is that these systems are way more accurate than humans. It is found that five out of every six persons in developed countries make use of AI in the form of navigation maps, personal digital assistants, smart-home devices, apps used for ride-sharing, etc. The technology has also found great commercial use in the form of assessment of business risk, improvement in energy efficiency, etc. AI is thus an off-shoot of the broad term called Automation. It has been predicted that automation alone will wipe-out nearly 73 million jobs by 2030 but will also lead to the creation of about 23 million jobs by 2020 itself primarily in the development, programming, support, maintenance, etc.
- Machine Learning: This is a typical sub-part of AI and refers to the programming of computers for learning to do something which they are not originally made to do. Learning is done by following and tracing patterns and driving insights from data. There are subsets found in machine learning, namely neural networks, deep learning, and natural language processing. The technology has already found inroads in many industries and has created a loud demand for skilled professionals. It finds use in data mining, data analytics, pattern recognition, real-time ads, detection of intrusion on networks, etc. The whole Machine Learning Market is slated to grow to $8.81 billion by 2022. Jobs created by machine learning truly power the web results on the top-most job portals like LinkedIn, etc. Jobs include engineers, data scientists, engineers, developers, etc.
- Robotic Process Automation: RPA also falls in the category of automation of tasks. It is used to automate various processes of the businesses like the interpretation of applications, making transactions smooth, data analysis and processing, posting replies to emails, etc. It is thus, automation of all the repetitive tasks. Most of the latter involve work which is often handled by financial managers, doctors, etc. As per a recent study by Forrester Research, it is estimated that 230 million people will lose their livelihood to automation in the future. This comprises around 9 percent of the global workforce. But, in addition to altering the patterns of existing jobs, RPA is also creating jobs. It has been found that almost 60 percent of jobs around the world have the potential to be partially automated, while only 5 percent of the same pool can be completely automated. The future is very bright for IT professionals as RPA also offers jobs like a developer, business analyst, solution architects, etc.
- Edge Computing: Edge computing has taken the place of mainstream computing systems, with giants like AWS (Amazon Web Services), Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure dominating a major share of the market. Businesses are increasingly adopting cloud platforms. The growth in Cloud has finally led to the emergence of Edge. Latter is designed to overcome the latency which was brought about by cloud computing. It also helps to get data to a data center for further processing of the same. It is endowed with capabilities that allow it to process time-sensitive data in remote locations with very less connectivity to a particular location. In such cases, edge computing takes on the role of a mini datacentre. Thus, as the use of the Internet of Things becomes even more popular, edge computing will continue to grow.
- Blockchain: It is a form of security which has a wide variety of uses as it is basically data which can only be added to but not changed. The term chain is used as it leads to the creation of a chain of data as the previous blocks which are created cannot be changed in any way and hence are stored as such. Blockchains are driven by consensus and are not under the control of any one entity or business. Blockchains do not require any third-party to validate the transactions. It is this fool-proof security which is provided by blockchain that finds it use in cryptocurrency. It is also used to protect sensitive medical data, protect real estate assets, and also bring about an improvement in the supply chain. It has been found that the jobs related to blockchain are the second-fastest growing category of jobs in the world.
- Internet of Things: It is the future of technology. It simply means connecting everything to the web. Most technological devices are being built with WiFi connectivity, thus meaning all these can be connected to the internet and also to one-another. It is the IoT which sets up all the home appliances, cars, TV, etc. to be connected to the internet. It is expected that these things will reach around 30 million by 2020. IoT helps enhance the safety and efficiency of business processes.
- Furthermore, it also helps in predictive maintenance, makes medical care faster, and tremendously helps in improving customer service. Despite the huge growth in IoT, it is said that there are not many professionals who are trained in it. For all the young people who aspire to make a career in IoT, there are many options available and needed. Skillset, which is required to be a part of this, includes knowledge about cloud computing, data analytics, automation, IoT security, and understanding of knowledge systems.
- Python: It is said that Microsoft is under consideration to include Python support to Excel. Due to increased use, interest, and scope of data science, there is an evident increase in the adoption of Python in some of the key industries. Python has become vital for new age technologies and holds great promise in the future.
- JAVA: The release of JAVA9 has added many new improvements, which include Optionals, which already has recorded huge positive effects on API. With the increased adoption of Options, better APIs are also developed. Other complex features which you should possibly understand are Stream Enhancements in 8 and 9. Even other languages which use JVM like Kotlin and Scala are also using this feature.
- ANGULAR: Although Angular can maintain speed with all the important improvements in web development, it is also able to lend a touch of stability to developers, libraries, and tools. This balance is maintained by cleverly woven and defined release cycles and deprecation policy. It is because of this ease the developers find it easy to switch from Angular 4 to 5. Thus, if you aim to build modern web applications, you should consider learning Angular. It is always advisable to start from the basics to get a strong foundation and also a conceptual overview of most of its features. It is from this stage that you should go to the intermediate level topics and thereby expand your learning for real-world development.
- PowerShell: Automation is not just an IT convenience but a reality of the business world. It may take time for businesses to realize the significance, but the latter cannot be undermined as far as the future is concerned. PowerShell may seem harder, but it presents a sure-shot key to the future, a much better salary and lifestyle.
- Scrum Framework: Recent times has seen a surge in the adoption of Scrum Framework. However, despite the popularity, people face challenges like the implementation of it at scale. Businesses usually begin with small Scrum projects on a pilot basis but eventually want to spread it across their entire organizations. Such adoptions demand increase in several small and cross-functional Scrum teams and further letting them work in tandem, which ensures their productivity. If the latter is made possible, highly dramatic results are seen.
- Voice Technology: Voice technologies will strongly mark the future of technologies. Alexa, Siri, Cortana, etc. have already proven their worth in handling everyday tasks, but their applications still are very limited. This will be further enhanced by the embedding of machine learning, artificial intelligence, and natural language processing the scope of voice technology will be further enhanced in the everyday lives of users.
Read: Ten Tips on Time Management to Improve your Productivity
The future will be defined by the extreme use of technology in every aspect of life. All the technologies mentioned will go a long way to change the dynamics of businesses and everyday lives of people. Businesses can take time to realize the significance of these technologies, but they cannot escape as from defining success, these will soon define their survival. For better insights and knowledge about the future, scope, and training on such technologies you may visit us JanBasktraining.com
Read: 10 Online Courses You Can Complete in 6 Weeks & Start Applying for Jobs
- AWS & Fundamentals of Linux
- Amazon Simple Storage Service
- Elastic Compute Cloud
- Databases Overview & Amazon Route 53
3 days 02 Feb 2020
- Intro to DevOps
- GIT and Maven
- Jenkins & Ansible
- Docker and Cloud Computing
4 days 03 Feb 2020
- Data Science Introduction
- Hadoop and Spark Overview
- Python & Intro to R Programming
- Machine Learning
4 days 03 Feb 2020
- Architecture, HDFS & MapReduce
- Unix Shell & Apache Pig Installation
- HIVE Installation & User-Defined Functions
- SQOOP & Hbase Installation
5 days 04 Feb 2020
- Salesforce Configuration Introduction
- Security & Automation Process
- Sales & Service Cloud
- Apex Programming, SOQL & SOSL
11 days 10 Feb 2020
- Introduction and Software Testing
- Software Test Life Cycle
- Automation Testing and API Testing
- Selenium framework development using Testing
4 days 03 Feb 2020
- BA & Stakeholders Overview
- BPMN, Requirement Elicitation
- BA Tools & Design Documents
- Enterprise Analysis, Agile & Scrum
5 days 04 Feb 2020
- Introduction & Database Query
- Programming, Indexes & System Functions
- SSIS Package Development Procedures
- SSRS Report Design
1 day 31 Jan 2020
Receive Latest Materials and Offers on Worth To Visit Course