What was once considered one of the most extraordinary imaginations of various science fiction writers, Artificial Intelligence (AI) is now being slowly infused into our daily lives. This advanced form of technology is taking a prominent shape in terms of practicality and has already started creating a propounding impact in various beguiling ways.
The demand for professionals in the Field of AI is increasing day by day. Whether you are planning to make a career switch to the AI domain or you want to move up your existing AI job profile, the future always looks bright. This also leads to a considerable increase in competition to be placed in a well-defined AI oriented job profile. So, it's mandatory for you to always be prepared ahead of time for all the major AI job interview questions.
We are here to help you out with the most commonly asked questions during an Artificial Intelligence interview. By going through these questions and answers, you can not only have a fair idea about the various questions that you will be asked, but you can showcase your interviewers, your broader knowledge of the applications and implications of AI.
Artificial Intelligence Interview Questions
- What is Artificial Intelligence?
- List some applications of AI/ what are the various areas where AI (Artificial Intelligence) can be used?
- What are the Branches Of AI?
- What are the core differences between supervised, unsupervised and reinforcement learning?
- Explain types of Artificial Intelligence?
- What are the advantages of Fuzzy Logic Systems?
- What is an alternate key in AI?
- What is the artificial key in AI?
- What is compound key in AI?
- How Game theory and AI related?
- What is FOPL?
- What are the components of robotics?
- What is simulated annealing Algorithm?
- What is Greedy Best First Search Algorithm?
- Share your previous project works based on your experience?
Artificial Intelligence Interview Question & Answers
Q1). What is Artificial Intelligence?
AI is an area in the field of computer science, which emphasis on the implication of the human brain's cognitive functions into a machine/system, thereby making it work and act like humans. Some of the activities that can be carried out using computers infused with AI include:
- Learning and planning
- Speech recognition
Q2). List some applications of AI/ What are the various areas where AI (Artificial Intelligence) can be used?
AI has a wide scope for implementation and it can be practically applied in fields of extreme diversity such as:
Read: Machine Learning Tutorial - What you need to know for 2020?
- The linguistic field for Processing natural language
- Customer support field as Chatbots, Humanoid customer support robots, sentiment analysis bots
- IT field such as sales prediction, computing, computer software etc.
Q3). What Are the Branches Of AI?
- Neural networks: An artificial neuron network (ANN) is an arithmetic model, based on the edifice and functionality of various biological neural networks.
- Data mining: Artificial intelligence and data mining techniques have been in combination to solve issues related to diagnosis, segmentation, classification and predictions.
- Statistical AI: This branch of AI basically deals with domain models that disport both uncertainty and complexity in rational structures.
- Pattern recognition: This primarily rivets on the apprehension of regularities and patterns in data.
- Fuzzy logic: A type of multi-valued logic, where the truth values of the variables may vary anywhere between 0 and 1.
- Swarm Intelligence: A biologically-inspired AI model that's based on the behavior of common insects such as bees, ants etc.
- Genetic algorithm: A systematic combination of adaptive self-learning algorithm that gets its base from the concept of genetics.
- Expert system: This is implemented in designing systems that is capable of emulating human's decision-making ability.
Q4). Explain the types of Artificial Intelligence.
Artificial intelligence can be classified into two main categories:
- Strong artificial intelligence: This is basically creating real intelligence in an artificial way using the principle that even machines can be made sentimental. There are two types of strong AI: Human-like and Non-human like.
- Weak artificial intelligence: These types of AI systems are created only to solve real-life problems and doesn’t deal with the creation of extremely efficient human-like intelligence.
Q5). What are the advantages of Fuzzy Logic Systems?
The Fuzzy logic system has the following key advantages:
- The leverage to take inaccurate, malformed and clangorous input information.
- Extremely easy to understandable and effortlessly constructible logics.
- The flexibility to add and delete the rules as per our convenience in the FLS system.
Q6). What is an alternate key in AI?
Alternate Key: All the candidate keys except the primary keys are known as Alternate Keys.
Q7). What is the artificial key in AI?
Artificial Key: Creating a key artificially by assigning a number to individual record, in the absence of a standalone key.
Read: How Artificial Intelligence Can Help To Boost Your Career?
Q8). What is compound key in AI?
Compound Key: Integration of various elements to generate an exceptional identified, in the absence of any data elements that specifically defines the subsistence within a construct.
Q9). What is are the core differences between supervised, unsupervised and reinforcement learning?
The difference can be the best explained using the following diagram:
||Training set has both predictors and predictions
||Training set has only predictors in the data set.
||They can establish state of art results on any task
||Linear and logistic regression, support vector machine, native Bayes
||K-means, clustering algorithm, dimensionality reduction algorithm
||Q-learning, State-action-reward-state-action (SARSA), Deep Q Network (DQN)
||Image recognition, Speech, Recognition, Forecasting
||Pre-Process the data, Pre-train Supervised Learning algorithm.
||Warehouses, Inventory Management, Delivery Management, Power system financial, system
Q10). How Game theory and AI related?
Artificial intelligence system makes use of the game theory for the purpose of enhancement as the requirement is always more than one participant. Hence, the relation between game theory and AI can be explained using the following two points:
- Participant Design: Game theory is used to achieve maximum utility by enhancing a participant's decision
- Mechanism Design: This is basically a type of Inverse game theory, where games a specifically designed focusing a group of ultra-smart participants.
Q11). What is FOPL?
FOPL is the abbreviation for First-order Predicate logic, which is a congregation of formal systems, with the statement being divided into two parts: a predicate and a subject. The predicate holds the potential to define or modify the subject's properties.
Q12). What are the components of Robotics?
We would require the following parts in order to construct a robot:
Read: Artificial Intelligence Learning Path - Future Scope & Career Growth
- Power Supply: Any power source such as batteries, solar power etc.
- Actuators: These are required for the conversion of energy into movement.
- Electric motors (AC/DC): used for rotational movement.
- Pneumatic Air Muscles: used for contracting purposes while air gets sucked in them.
- Muscle Wires: Used for passing electric current during contraction.
- Ultrasonic and Piezo Motors: Used for industrial robots.
- Sensors: Generic sensors that are used for measurement of the surroundings.
Q13). What is simulated annealing Algorithm?
Annealing is basically the process is of heating a metal and then immediately cooling it to make changes to its internal structure. The same principle is applied in computing where a probabilistic technique is put into practical use for the approximation of a given function's global optimum.
Q14). What is Greedy Best First Search Algorithm?
This is the algorithm process where the node closest to the goal will be expanded first. The default explanation of nodes goes by f(n) = h(n). This technique is applied at a later stage, where priority queue will come into the picture.
Q15). Share your previous project works based on your experience?
Well, the answer to this question varies based on your work experience and projects you have worked on earlier.
These above-mentioned lists contain the general questions that you might encounter in an Artificial intelligence job interview. You can also do in some further research in your area of interest to gain more confidence for the same. But Always ensure to collect enough information about the company before going in for an interview.
We wish you for your next interview with JanBask Training or explore your knowledge base with our AI certification programs and the assistance given by AI mentors. Happy job hunting!
Read: Top 20 Machine Learning Interview Questions & Answers
- AWS & Fundamentals of Linux
- Amazon Simple Storage Service
- Elastic Compute Cloud
- Databases Overview & Amazon Route 53
1 day 21 Sep 2020
- Intro to DevOps
- GIT and Maven
- Jenkins & Ansible
- Docker and Cloud Computing
6 days 26 Sep 2020
- Data Science Introduction
- Hadoop and Spark Overview
- Python & Intro to R Programming
- Machine Learning
4 days 24 Sep 2020
- Architecture, HDFS & MapReduce
- Unix Shell & Apache Pig Installation
- HIVE Installation & User-Defined Functions
- SQOOP & Hbase Installation
19 days 09 Oct 2020
- Salesforce Configuration Introduction
- Security & Automation Process
- Sales & Service Cloud
- Apex Programming, SOQL & SOSL
1 day 21 Sep 2020
- Introduction and Software Testing
- Software Test Life Cycle
- Automation Testing and API Testing
- Selenium framework development using Testing
10 days 30 Sep 2020
- BA & Stakeholders Overview
- BPMN, Requirement Elicitation
- BA Tools & Design Documents
- Enterprise Analysis, Agile & Scrum
5 days 25 Sep 2020
MS SQL Server
- Introduction & Database Query
- Programming, Indexes & System Functions
- SSIS Package Development Procedures
- SSRS Report Design
5 days 25 Sep 2020
- Features of Python
- Python Editors and IDEs
- Data types and Variables
- Python File Operation
9 days 29 Sep 2020
- Components of AI
- Categories of Machine Learning
- Recurrent Neural Networks
- Recurrent Neural Networks
4 days 24 Sep 2020
- Introduction to Machine Learning & Python
- Machine Learning: Supervised Learning
- Machine Learning: Unsupervised Learning
7 days 27 Sep 2020
- Introduction to Tableau Desktop
- Data Transformation Methods
- Configuring tableau server
- Integration with R & Hadoop
5 days 25 Sep 2020
Receive Latest Materials and Offers on Artificial Intelligence Course