Almost all of the world's largest IT companies use SQL, and 63% of them are hiring SQL developers. Given the massive amount of data generated and spewed out by thousands of enterprises every day, SQL's popularity is unsurprising.
However, making sense of huge data is only possible if you have the correct person to handle thousands of simultaneous requests from various places, which are efficiently handled by expert backend engineers, such as SQL developers.
Donald Chamberlin and Raymond F. Boyce created the SQL language in the 1970s at IBM Corporation, Inc, and it was then renamed SEQUEL before being renamed SQL. This terminology has been in use for over 40 years and will continue to be used in the future.
Microsoft Corporation, based in Redmond, Washington, is a multinational technology company that makes computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. Microsoft's most well-known software products include the Windows operating system, the Microsoft Office suite, and the Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers.
The company's main hardware offerings are the Xbox video game consoles and the Microsoft Surface line of touchscreen personal computers. In 2020, Microsoft was ranked No. 21 on the Fortune 500 list of the largest US companies by total revenue; it was the world's largest software company by revenue in 2016.
Along with Google, Facebook as well as Amazon, Microsoft is also counted among one of the Big Five corporations in the United States' information technology industry.
Careers as a SQL BI Developer And SQL BI developer's job entails creating and maintaining dynamic VB, a web NET application. An SQL BI developer's key responsibilities include downloading data from flat files, validating it with PL/SQL processes, and constructing databases using DDL, DML, and DCL.
How Simple is SQL to Learn?
After mastering SQL queries, it's straightforward to see how simple queries are coupled to manipulate data. It will also help you develop your projects by allowing you to connect to machine learning techniques and other SQL platforms.
Roles & Duties of Microsoft SQL BI Developer
- Data creation, design, development, and storage in databases
- Supporting the database and building apps for and to it
- Creating inquiries and processing amendments in accordance with their businesses' needs
- During data migration, testing and fixing errors are essential.
- For integrating with other programs, you'll need to write SQL queries
- Creating database triggers, which are pieces of procedural code that run when a certain event happens.
- Keeping data quality and security under check
- Creating view and function routines
Microsoft SQL BI Developer Job Responsibilities for Freshers
- Designing, developing, as well maintaining the business intelligence solutions
- Crafting along with executing the queries for the requested data
- Showcasing the information with the help of reports as well as the visualization
Insight into the business world (BI) Developers design and manage business intelligence (BI) and analytics (analytics) solutions that transform data into knowledge.
You should have experience with data and business analysis for this position. You should be a good communicator and an analyst. We'd like to meet you if you also have business sense and problem-solving skills.
Finally, you will improve our business intelligence system in order to assist us in making better judgments.
- Translating the business requirements into the technical specifications
- Design, deploy and build the BI solutions (such as the reporting tools)
- Maintaining as well as supporting data analytics platforms (such as the MicroStrategy)
- Creating the tools to store data (e.g. OLAP cubes)
- Conducting some unit testing along with troubleshooting
- Evaluation as well as improvement of the existing BI systems
- Collaborate with teams to integrate systems
- Developing and executing the database queries along with conducting analyses
- Creation of the visualizations or the reports for required projects
- Developing and updating the technical documentation
- Must have some experience as a BI Developer or Data Scientist
- Industry experience is usually preferred
- It is good to have some background in data warehouse design (e.g. dimensional modeling) and data mining
- Comprehensive understanding or knowledge of database management systems, online analytical processing (OLAP), and ETL (Extract, transform, load) framework
- Knowledge of the BI technologies (e.g. Microsoft Power BI, Oracle BI)
- Understanding of SQL queries, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) as well as the SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Abilities to take initiative and be innovative when it comes to data handling
- Analytical mindset along with a problem-solving aptitude
- Can be BSc/BA in any of these streams: Computer Science, Engineering or any other relevant field
Microsoft SQL BI Developer Job Responsibilities for Experienced
The Business Intelligence Developer is responsible for collecting the data from multiple sources into an efficient data warehouse along with designing an enterprise-level solution for very large multidimensional databases. Along with this, Microsoft SQL BI Developer job duties might include some of these:
- Designing as well as planning the BI solutions
- Debugging, monitoring, and troubleshooting BI solutions
- Creating and deploying reports
- Writing relational and multidimensional database queries
- Configuring, deploying, and maintaining database servers
- Development and administration of Power BI.
- Models for reporting from Building Analysis Services.
- Using Power BI desktop, create visual reports, dashboards, and KPI scorecards.
- For Business Intelligence, connecting to data sources, importing data, and converting data are all necessary.
- Excellent analytical thinking skills for converting data into visually appealing reports and graphs.
- Prerequisite needed to be a Microsoft SQL BI Developer
- In Power BI, you should be able to build row-level security on data and understand the application security, layer models.
- DAX queries in Power BI desktop are second nature to me.
- Knowledge of how to use advanced-level calculations on data collection.
- The design approach and project documentation are my responsibilities.
- Ability to create tabular and multidimensional models that are warehouse-compatible.
- Power BI reports can be developed, published, and scheduled according to business needs.
- Capable of fully comprehending company requirements and developing data models in accordance while managing resources.
- Prototyping, designing, and requirement analysis expertise and experience are required. Secondary tools such as Microsoft Azure, SQL data warehouse, PolyBase, Visual Studio, and others should be familiar with.
- Embedded analytics, such as Power BI service (SaaS), or API automation can be used to incorporate Power BI reports into other applications.
- One must also have prior experience creating custom Power BI graphics.
The Following are Some General Background Requirements for a Power BI Developer:
- A bachelor's or master's degree in computer science or information systems is required. Aside from that, extensive professional experience in related domains is required.
- 5+ years of project experience in data preparation, data gateway, and data warehousing.
- 5+ years of experience with the Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack, including Power BI, SSAS, SSRS, and SSIS.
- 3–4 years of self-service tool expertise, preferably with Power BI or Tableau.
- SQL knowledge and experience are required.
In case you still think some of these skills need polishing at your end. You can read more about SQL BI Developer training.
Microsoft SQL BI Developer Salary
Do you wish to know more about SQL BI Developer Salary? You can also read: Know Everything About a SQL Developer Salary for Freshers & Experienced Professionals in 2021!
Skills looked out for the Microsoft SQL BI Developer Jobs in the Talent Market
Technical Skills Needed: Microsoft SQL BI Developer Job Duties
- Data Storage and Design- He should be able to create databases that can store massive amounts of data and mine data from multiple web servers. He's also in charge of data reporting and querying.
- Creating database tables and structures- His technical abilities are far beyond what was expected, and he can create database tables and structures.
- Creation of Views and Functions-Creation of views and functions is one of the core technical talents included in the expertized competence.
- He can churn optimized SQL queries that are inclusive for merging with different groups of apps because he is an MS SQL professional.
- Assist in Automated Application- He also takes the lead in establishing database triggers for automation.
- Maintains Data Quality- He is responsible for maintaining data quality and supervising database security as an MS-SQL specialist.
Personal skills: Microsoft SQL BI Developer job responsibilities
- Communication- A database administrator is a strong communicator who talks with people, gets their point of view, and imagines how the program will work on various web servers.
- Eye-for-details- Before seeding data into databases, a data scientist loves to maintain a close check on every aspect that he codes since only then will transparency be apparent.
- The MS SQL's role is far larger than we could have ever imagined, rising from the ashes of arduous roads that settled on his path to sidelining the big obstacles. 2-. Resolves Issues-He is the company's problem solver, from resolving knotty queries to delivering effective answers.
- Analytical and logical thinking- 1. He analyses difficulties that arise in projects in an unconventional way. 2 EQ- is preferred. He employs an emotional quotient combined with a blend of intelligence to quickly resolve a conflict without enraging senior executives.
- Calm and Patient- 1. Determine how long the job will take. Because IT projects are time-bound and the delivery manager's final word to clients can take days, an MS SQL specialist must learn to be calm and patient with time. 2. Integrate Work-He also employs his intelligence to help the team develop effective solutions by combining their efforts.
- Strong Collaboration- Collaborating with other groups of employees while planning IT projects to ensure that the impact is felt on a larger scale demonstrates his ability to link associations and to tolerate the change required to start the initiatives distinctively.
- Writing and Documentation- He excels in documenting technical materials in a way that facilitates automation and improves user readability when they are deployed on web servers as built applications.
Conclusion on Microsoft SQL BI Developer Job Duties
The SQL career path can be an interesting path to talk about. And all the information you might need for instance Microsoft SQL BI developer future scope, Microsoft SQL BI Developer job responsibilities or SQL BI developer job duties, we have for you. You can simply read more and more blogs on our platforms to find the required information. Along with that, our team of experts is there to help you in every manner possible. You can send us emails, or comment below. We will help you with the suitable approach possible.
- AWS & Fundamentals of Linux
- Amazon Simple Storage Service
- Elastic Compute Cloud
- Databases Overview & Amazon Route 53
0 day 25 Sep 2023
- Intro to DevOps
- GIT and Maven
- Jenkins & Ansible
- Docker and Cloud Computing
8 days 03 Oct 2023
- Data Science Introduction
- Hadoop and Spark Overview
- Python & Intro to R Programming
- Machine Learning
4 days 29 Sep 2023
- Architecture, HDFS & MapReduce
- Unix Shell & Apache Pig Installation
- HIVE Installation & User-Defined Functions
- SQOOP & Hbase Installation
4 days 29 Sep 2023
- Salesforce Configuration Introduction
- Security & Automation Process
- Sales & Service Cloud
- Apex Programming, SOQL & SOSL
1 day 26 Sep 2023
- Introduction and Software Testing
- Software Test Life Cycle
- Automation Testing and API Testing
- Selenium framework development using Testing
2 days 27 Sep 2023
- BA & Stakeholders Overview
- BPMN, Requirement Elicitation
- BA Tools & Design Documents
- Enterprise Analysis, Agile & Scrum
5 days 30 Sep 2023
MS SQL Server
- Introduction & Database Query
- Programming, Indexes & System Functions
- SSIS Package Development Procedures
- SSRS Report Design
11 days 06 Oct 2023
- Features of Python
- Python Editors and IDEs
- Data types and Variables
- Python File Operation
4 days 29 Sep 2023
- Components of AI
- Categories of Machine Learning
- Recurrent Neural Networks
- Recurrent Neural Networks
4 days 29 Sep 2023
- Introduction to Machine Learning & Python
- Machine Learning: Supervised Learning
- Machine Learning: Unsupervised Learning
39 days 03 Nov 2023
- Introduction to Tableau Desktop
- Data Transformation Methods
- Configuring tableau server
- Integration with R & Hadoop
4 days 29 Sep 2023
Receive Latest Materials and Offers on SQL Server Course