Introduction of Java
Java is a programming language and also a platform for computing. Java was first released by Sun Microsystems in the year 1995. There are lots of applications and websites that will not work unless Java is installed in them. Each day there are more and more applications created using Java is very simple, powerful and robust, which provides a fast, secure, and reliable platform to work on. Java is being used everywhere, from laptops to data centers, game consoles to scientific supercomputers, and cell phones to the Internet.
Main features of Java
- It offers all the functionalities of C++
- The rarely used features of C++ are not included in Java like pointers, structs, typedefs,#define.
- The number of language constructs is less and multiple inheritances are used.
Read: Frequently Asked J2EE Interview Questions and Answers You Must Read
Who are Java developers?
Java developers are developers who work on Java to create dynamic applications and websites. There are approximately nine million Java developers around the world. Some of the Java developers, design interfaces and some are assigned to work that is completely behind the scenes. One of the basic duties of Java developer is writing class files. Java developer works at all stages of the development process, starting from requirements collections and designing prototypes to configuring products as per the customer needs.
Read More: Java Learning & Certification Path
Read: Java Tutorial Guide For Beginners
Now that you have chosen the field of being a Java developer, whether you are a fresher or an experienced developer should always be focused on becoming a great developer. Some easy practices are listed below that will direct you to frame a path of being best as a Java developer:
Java Developer Roles
- Keep the coding standards high: The world of coding is defined by certain coding standards. A good developer should always follow the coding standard without compromising on it. Allocating some time and adhering to the coding standards even during a tight project schedule is a characteristic of a good developer.
- Make proper comments: Adding comments to your code about the method and algorithm used is an extremely good practice. As it not only helps the other developers to use your method without discussing in person but also helps you to review and understand the code in times of changes.
- Usage of patterns: It is always a best practice to use patterns wherever possible. Using patterns not only helps to create better code but also makes the development process easy for better understanding and for easy future maintenance.
- Use of Latest API: It is always recommended to use the latest API classes, interfaces, and methods. Using latest APIs helps to avoid depreciation issues, without being forced to use any extra methods for that.
- Be a Java Certified Developer: Being a Java certified developer adds extra sugar. Having the Oracle Java Certifications, which are most recognized certification in IT industries helps you add more value to your profile as a Java Developer.
Duties of an entry-level Java Developer:
- The entry-level Java developer defines the site objectives by analyzing the user requirements.
- Throughout the development life cycle entry level, Java developer designs and develops user interfaces to internet or intranet applications. It is done by setting expectations and keeping the functions and features on priority.
- The entry-level Java developer completes the programming using languages and software products.
- Designing and testing are of the basic codes done by the entry-level Java developer.
- The developer is expected to demonstrate expertise and add valuable input throughout the development lifecycle.
- He integrates applications by designing database architecture and does server scripting.
- Java developer performs studies and establishes connectivity with network systems, search engines, and with information servers.
- By using multimedia tools the Java developer creates multimedia applications.
- The entry-level Java developer completes the development of applications by contributing to team meetings. Review of current systems and is expected suggestions of updates as needed.
- Resolve the reported issues and reply to queries in a timely manner.
- Improve the code quality by implementing above mentioned best practices.
- Troubleshooting and production problems are done by the entry-level Java developer.
- Supports the end users by providing documentation and by developing assistance tools.
- Is expected to identify potential challenges and bottlenecks in order to proactively address them.
- The developer enhances the reputation of the organization by taking ownership of accomplishing the work requests as and when needed. Entry level Java developer explores the opportunities that can add value to his or her career accomplishments.
- Entry level Java developer performs enough research and updates the knowledge required for the job using new internet and intranet technologies and software products. Also enhances the knowledge by reading professional publications, through personal networks and by participating in organizational training.
Required skills and qualifications for the entry level Java developers:
- 0-2 years experience in Java development.
- Degree, diploma or Certificate in Computer Science or IT.
- Knowledge of Object Oriented programming and design.
- Knowledge of Web User Interface design.
- Should be a motivated team player.
- Should have excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Should be committed to providing optimal efficiency and user-friendly design.
- The entry-level Java developer should be the self-starter with the high commitments to professional growth.
Read More: Start my Career Java Developer
Read: Difference Between AngularJs vs. Angular 2 vs. Angular 4 vs. Angular 5 vs. Angular 6
Senior Java Developer Job Duties:
- All the basic duties mentioned for an entry level developer
- Senior Java developer Defines site objectives by analyzing user requirements.
- Senior Java developer envisions system features and its functionality.
- Designs and develops user interfaces to internet or intranet applications by setting realistic expectations and by keeping features, priorities on top throughout development life cycle. The Senior Java developer determines design methodologies and tool sets and completes coding using languages and software products.
- He ensures the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications.
- Recommends solutions to a system by comparing the advantages and disadvantages of custom development.
- The senior developer should be capable of integrating applications by designing the database architecture and server scripting.
- Creates multimedia applications by using authoring tools.
- Completes applications development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting, development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Senior Java developer support users by developing documentation and assistance tools.
- Enhances the reputation of the organization by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests of the project.
- Exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments and encourages the teammates to do the same.
Required skills and qualifications for senior Java developer:
- All the basic qualifications mentioned for an entry level developer
- 5+ years of experience in Java programming.
- Proficient in Java, with a good knowledge of its ecosystems, proficiency in object-oriented programming.
- Should be familiar with the various design and architectural patterns, of concurrency patterns in Java, reusable Java libraries.
- Should be familiar with concepts of MVC, JDBC, and RESTful., Java GUI fame works.
- Should be experienced with both external and embedded databases.
- Understanding of the class loading mechanism and fundamental design principles behind a scalable application in Java.
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests, proficiency in understanding the code versioning tools.
- Should be familiar with continuous integration.
You May Like:
Based on the experience and proficiency a Java developer can be assigned different area Java systems to work on, like standard, enterprise, and mobile. As the knowledge and skills increase, some Java developers advance to project lead or to the positions of an architect. A senior Java developer is capable to analyze complex problems that arise in software, can develop documentation, review the coding, and evaluate the whole development process. And a Java architect directs the project at the front end and EE architect is the highest positions a Java developer can attain.
Read: Java Access Modifiers - Public, Private, Protected & Default
- AWS & Fundamentals of Linux
- Amazon Simple Storage Service
- Elastic Compute Cloud
- Databases Overview & Amazon Route 53
1 day 13 Aug 2020
- Intro to DevOps
- GIT and Maven
- Jenkins & Ansible
- Docker and Cloud Computing
8 days 20 Aug 2020
- Data Science Introduction
- Hadoop and Spark Overview
- Python & Intro to R Programming
- Machine Learning
5 days 17 Aug 2020
- Architecture, HDFS & MapReduce
- Unix Shell & Apache Pig Installation
- HIVE Installation & User-Defined Functions
- SQOOP & Hbase Installation
3 days 15 Aug 2020
- Salesforce Configuration Introduction
- Security & Automation Process
- Sales & Service Cloud
- Apex Programming, SOQL & SOSL
2 days 14 Aug 2020
- Introduction and Software Testing
- Software Test Life Cycle
- Automation Testing and API Testing
- Selenium framework development using Testing
5 days 17 Aug 2020
- BA & Stakeholders Overview
- BPMN, Requirement Elicitation
- BA Tools & Design Documents
- Enterprise Analysis, Agile & Scrum
2 days 14 Aug 2020
MS SQL Server
- Introduction & Database Query
- Programming, Indexes & System Functions
- SSIS Package Development Procedures
- SSRS Report Design
2 days 14 Aug 2020
- Features of Python
- Python Editors and IDEs
- Data types and Variables
- Python File Operation
-1 day 11 Aug 2020
- Components of AI
- Categories of Machine Learning
- Recurrent Neural Networks
- Recurrent Neural Networks
1 day 13 Aug 2020
- Introduction to Machine Learning & Python
- Machine Learning: Supervised Learning
- Machine Learning: Unsupervised Learning
4 days 16 Aug 2020
- Introduction to Tableau Desktop
- Data Transformation Methods
- Configuring tableau server
- Integration with R & Hadoop
6 days 18 Aug 2020
Receive Latest Materials and Offers on Java Course