How to Become Java Developer?
Java is more than an island in Indonesia or a cup of coffee! It’s a career path that you should explore if coding amazes you. But how should you start? Simply enroll in a practical and comprehensive Java course, which covers everything right from the basics to the advanced concepts, and teaches you all the rules and best practices methodically. As a solid mid-level Java developer, you will eventually be able to unravel undiscovered and niche career opportunities right out-of-the-box! Read this blog to know all this and much about starting a career in Java technology.
What is Java? how is it different from J2EE?
Java is a fast, secure, and reliable programming language. Most people use "Java" to address "core Java" or "JSE" (Java Standard Edition). Java is all around you, as it is quietly running in laptops, data centers, game consoles, scientific supercomputers, cell phones and also on the Internet or the World Wide Web.
J2EE is a platform-independent, Java-centric environment from Sun. This environment is used by developers to develop, build and deploy Web-based enterprise applications. It comprises of the following:
- A set of services
- Protocols to enable multi-tiered and web-based applications.
This computing platform was first released by Sun Microsystems back in the year 1995. Today it is so widely used that there are thousands of applications and websites which will fail until and unless you have Java installed on your system.
Read: Java String Functions & Methods with Examples
Did you know?
- The best part about Java is that it is opensource. Yes, you can download it for free!
- The latest version of Java can be easily accessed at java.com.
- Java 8 has crucial enhancements that can boost performance, stability, and security of all the Java applications which are currently running on your machine.
- The interest in learning Java grew by 22.4％ in 2015 alone!
- Websites and web service apps are probably the biggest areas where Java is used today.
Evolution and a brief history of Java Developer
- James Gosling, Mike Sheridan, and Patrick Naughton (or the Green Team) kickstarted the Java language project in June 1991.
- It was named ‘Greentalk’ by James Gosling with file extension ‘.gt’.
- It was earlier known as ‘Oak Language’and was first used for embedded systems in electronic appliances like set-top boxes.
- In 1995, ‘Oak’ was renamed as ‘Java’.
- Sun released Java IO in 1996.
- By June 1997, Java became the #2 programming language in the world with 400,000 developers working on it.
- Java 2 was released as J2SE 1.2 in 1998.
- Sun announced J2SE, J2EE and J2ME in 1999.
- J2EE touched 1 million+ download milestone in 2001.
- Java was present inside 15 billion+ devices across the globe by 2004. There were 4 million java developers.
- By 2005, Java made a business of $100 billion, with 4.5 million global developers.
- In 2006, Java became open source.
- In 2007, there were 6 million Java developers.
- In 2011, Java 7 was released.
- In 2013, 9 million Java developers were present globally and every year, Java was downloaded 1 billion times!
- In 2014 Java 8 was released.
- After Java 7, Java 8 was the most popular environment in 2016.
Goals of a Developer who uses the Java Language Environment
Design requirements of Java programming are decided on the basis of the computing environment in which your software must be deployed. Java technology enables you to develop secure, high performance, and highly robust applications on multiple platforms that are spread across heterogeneous, distributed networks. Operating on multiple platforms invalidates the following:
- Binary distribution
- Patches, and so on.
In order to sustain, your Java programming language must be highly portable and dynamically adaptable. Below enlisted are a few objectives that you can accomplish with Java as your ‘weapon’!
- Java helps you to build a simple system that is easily programmable by most developers
- The language is English like and familiar.
- The object-oriented approach helps you to leverage modern software development methodologies so that your API can fit into distributed client-server applications.
- Your application becomes multithreaded, enabling high performance in applications.
- You can carry out multiple concurrent activities, with maximum portability!
All the above characteristics are found today in multiple software development platforms that are powered by Java. What’s more amazing is the way in which Java technology empowers its developers to produce flexible and powerful programming systems.
Read More: Java Tutorial Guide For Beginners
The career prospects or growth path of a Java developer
What does the future hold for Java Developer?
Slowly and steadily, Java is insinuating itself into the invisible cracks and crevices of the modern Operating system.
- JVM or Java virtual machines are common in next-gen gadgets such as smartphones, Kindle and Blu-ray disk players.
- Java is still buried in a whopping 2.6 billion cell phones, such as the$20 dumb phones, as well as high-end BlackBerrys and Android phones.
- Even the latest Ruby developers prefer JRuby, which is a Java-based implementation of the scripting language because JVM handles heavy loads better and unleashes multiple threads.
- Jython, or a Java-based clone of Python, is slowly gaining popularity these days.
- Grails binds scripting extensions like Groovy with database middleware Hibernate, for more dynamic options in code interpretation, as well as establishing direct links with Java APIs.
- JavaFX is a wild card. These graphics are comparable with Adobe's Flash as it’s computational engine supports the entire Java API. Despite the code is not as English-like as regular Java, Java programmers will enjoy learning it! After all, these new animation classes will pave way for highly interactive desktop tools.
- JavaCard is a powerful VM and API for tiny packages. It can interact directly with the Internet, which is making it very popular.
- A decent collection of apps available for Android phones is already present. Sun is also speculating a Java Store from where people can drag and drop an application onto their desktop.
- If the code (which is currently being written) for an Android OSfails to port easily to a Glassfish server or a Sony Blu-ray player, Java will get a brand-new opportunity to emerge hugely.
- Hence, in the near future, Java developers can write one app which will be compatible with Android phones, desktops and also Blu-ray players! That would be just so cool!
Why should you learn Java programming?
You should learn Java because of the following reasons.
- Java is beginner friendly.
- It is relatively simple to use.
- It is less rewarding in the beginning, but your efforts will be paid off in the long run.
- An application developed in Java is scalable and easy to maintain.
- Java is faster than other languages that are dynamically typed.
- Mature JIT (just in time) compilers and improved JVMs deliver optimized performance.
- The Java developer community is huge and highly supportive towards Java newbies.
- Java is the #2 most-tagged language at GitHub!
- Java is the 3rd Most Demanded Skill on Angel list.
- According to Indeed.com, Java developers are more in demand compared to all the other programmers.
How can you learn Java Programming Language?
You can do so by getting enrolled in a training-cum-certification program which allows you to access course materials on the go, in a self-paced manner.
- A well-curated course curriculum designed by experts will help you get an in-depth understanding of both core & advanced concepts in Java.
- You will be trained and taught by certified experts who are well versed in all the aspects of Java programming.
- You can pick up the best practices & key design principles, be basing which you can write effective Java programs.
- Self-paced learning is possible in an online course at pocket-friendly fees. You will also get multiple attempts to clear your exam!
- You will be a part of an instructor-led implementation of a project which will help you to gain practical experience in writing professional-level code.
- Your live project will be implemented in Eclipse with the help of MVC design pattern, that incorporates TDD (Test-Driven Development) principles and other industry-relevant best practices.
- By the end of the course, you will understand the inner methodologies and workings of JVM or Java platform.
- You can confidently use the Eclipse IDE to write, debug, and test your Java program!
Note: Click here to view the details of a highly recommend a course on Java Basics for you, exclusively from JanBask Training.
Read: Free Jquery SLider Carousal Plugin
You May Like:
All in all, Oracle's imminent acquisition of Sun is strengthening the global positioning of Java language. So, its high time that you started your career in Java development. After all, being a pro-Java coder does not necessarily mean you require a college degree or any prior development experience. Even as a high-school student or as a college-going undergrad, you can enroll in an online training course to pick up this popular programming language.
- AWS & Fundamentals of Linux
- Amazon Simple Storage Service
- Elastic Compute Cloud
- Databases Overview & Amazon Route 53
0 day 22 Jan 2020
- Intro to DevOps
- GIT and Maven
- Jenkins & Ansible
- Docker and Cloud Computing
5 days 27 Jan 2020
- Data Science Introduction
- Hadoop and Spark Overview
- Python & Intro to R Programming
- Machine Learning
2 days 24 Jan 2020
- Architecture, HDFS & MapReduce
- Unix Shell & Apache Pig Installation
- HIVE Installation & User-Defined Functions
- SQOOP & Hbase Installation
3 days 25 Jan 2020
- Salesforce Configuration Introduction
- Security & Automation Process
- Sales & Service Cloud
- Apex Programming, SOQL & SOSL
6 days 28 Jan 2020
- Introduction and Software Testing
- Software Test Life Cycle
- Automation Testing and API Testing
- Selenium framework development using Testing
5 days 27 Jan 2020
- BA & Stakeholders Overview
- BPMN, Requirement Elicitation
- BA Tools & Design Documents
- Enterprise Analysis, Agile & Scrum
5 days 27 Jan 2020
- Introduction & Database Query
- Programming, Indexes & System Functions
- SSIS Package Development Procedures
- SSRS Report Design
9 days 31 Jan 2020
Receive Latest Materials and Offers on Java Course