Are you hunting for a job in the world of digital marketing? Well, along with your academic qualifications, certificates, and knowledge, what equally matters is the way you present your skills in front of the recruiter in the form of a resume. A well-represented resume will trail the attention of the employer or recruiter, and you will have an increased rate of getting the job over your fellow applicants.
In this blog, you will learn-
- The right layout of the Digital Marketing resume
- Essential points that will make your resume stand out and get you noticed
- Digital Marketing Skills and Certifications required
- Tips for writing a perfect Digital Marketing resume
- Resume Templates of the profiles related to Digital Marketing
Digital Marketing Skills/Keywords for your Resume
- Data Analysis
- Social Media
- Written and Spoken Communication
- Mobile marketing
- Strategic planning
- Crisis management
Top Most Digital Marketing Tools
- Buzzsumo: It is keyword research and monitoring tool. It helps the user to find out the most searched content and topic on social media.
- Hotjar: Hotjar combines the analysis and feedback tools to give you a big picture of how the website’s UX can be improved and the performance or conversion rates can be optimized.
- Moz: Moz builds tools that allow SEO, inbound marketing, link building, and content strategy efficient.
- Hootsuite: It is a social media sharing platform/dashboard using which user can access multiple profiles. It makes finding, scheduling, managing, and reporting social media content easy.
- Google Analytics: It allows measuring the ROI and traffic of the website.
- Facebook Ads: This is the Facebook advertisement based marketing strategy that targets the audience of the same interest.
- Google Ads: This is the Google advertisement based marketing strategy that targets the audience of similar interest.
- LinkedIn Ads: This is the LinkedIn advertisement based marketing strategy that targets the professional audience having the same interest.
- Email marketing: It is an act of sending commercial messages to the mass number of audience using various email marketing tools like MailChimp.
- Buffer: It is a marketing tool which is designed to manage social media accounts to schedule posts for the user.
Figure demonstrating most demanding skills and which are showing up most often on the resumes of a Digital Marketer.
Required Digital Marketing Certifications
- Google Analytics: This certification is a demonstration of one’s proficiency in Google Analytics
- Google tags manager: This certification examines the user’s proficiency in implementing tags and management process
- Google Adwords: It is a professional accreditation offered by Google to check the expertise in Adwords optimization and management
- Bing Ads certification: This certification examines the user’s ability in optimization and management of on-click advertisements using Bing search engine.
- Hubspot certification: It checks your ability to execute an inbound sales process using Hubspot CRM and Sales hub.
- Hootsuite certification: Hootsuite provides certification in social media marketing and examines your skills in the same.
- Facebook Blueprint certification: This certification specializes in advanced-level proficiency in Facebook marketing.
- Salesforce certified cloud social specialist: This certification is for those people who want to demonstrate their skills and expertise in email marketing.
- Youtube certification: This certification examines your proficiency in the management of youtube marketing.
Tips for writing a perfect Digital Marketing resume
- Be Approachable: Provide right contact details to let the recruiters approach you easily. Include contact information on the top like- phone number (with an alternate number), email, current address, etc.
- Formatting: Formatting is really important for the resume. Being a digital marketer, your formatting skills will tell a lot about your skills and creativity. Think about how you can present your skills, abilities, talents, and achievements. But avoid an over-do of the format.
- Length: According to the reports, recruiters spend only 6 minutes to read a resume. So, for this reason, avoid writing lengthy resumes. Try making it a single page resume if you are a fresher. And if you are experienced, then make it for two pages long, but not more than that. Make your LinkedIn profile more professional for the recruiters to get the detailed information.
- Employment dates and time period: Keep in mind that recruiters are investing their important time in search of a good candidate for their employment. The employer wants such employees who can stick to their company for a reasonable amount of time. If you have certain gaps in your employment, then comment them in the bracket and do not leave the gap unanswered.
- Academic area: In the field of digital marketing, if your job is related to what you’ve studied should be emphasized in the resume. But if you have a bad percentage or poor score in your academics, then it is better to avoid that completely.
- Location: Mention the current and previous location of the job.
- Bullet points: Paragraphs are a big no for the resumes, but bullet points are easier to read.
- Showcase your skills: Make sure to highlight your skill sets to let recruiters know why you’re the best fit for the job. It’s better to use the keywords mentioned in the job description.
- Quantify your experience: Each company you’ve worked for, your job title, the period you worked there, and the key points that explain your accomplishments and responsibilities. Also, do not be afraid of adding positions that aren’t related to the one you’re looking for.
- The extra stuff: Add some color to your resume with a grasp of the “Additional Experience” section at the end. Here, you can include your volunteer experience, awards you’ve won, your hobbies and activities.
SEO/SEM Resume Template
123 Main Street, San Francisco, CA 94122
Home : 000-000-0000 Cell: 000-000-0000
Experienced SEO Analyst who is persistent in keeping up to date on any SEO changes by the major search engines. Adept at website development, troubleshooting website programming and organizing website content. Specializes in public service blogs and ecommerce websites.
- SEO: - Expert in all aspects of Natural/Organic Search Engine Optimization, Search Engine Marketing (SEM). In depth knowledge of ethical/white-hat techniques accepted by major search engines Google, Yahoo and MSN.
- Keyword Research: - Researching the top keywords using tools such as Word Tracker, Keyword Discovery, Google
- Keyword Suggestion Tool, Google insights Search Tool, Good Keyword etc.
- Web Analytics: - Extensive knowledge of website Monitoring through server logs and Page tagging tools such as Google Analytics, AWStats etc.
- Sound Knowledge of Google Webmaster Central Tool.
- SMO/SMM: - Extensive background in Social Media/Networking and its use in Online Marketing. Digg, MySpace, Stumbleupon, Facebook, Delicious, Reddit, Twitter, Diggo, Technorati, Social Book Marking etc.
Excellent Knowledge of PPC Campaign Management.
- Knowledgeable on every Google algorithm update
- Adept at utilizing several types of analytical software
- Develops custom metrics to measure website performance
- Able to establish good working relationships with reliable online content providers
- Proficient in several website programming languages
- Efficient at interviewing clients to determine goals and needs
- Creates comprehensive presentations and reports for client benefit
1). October 2010 to July 2014 Sunder Marketing-New Parkland, CA SEO Analyst
- Responsible for evaluating client websites and developing a plan filled with action items.
- Monitored scheduled and unscheduled algorithm changes to the major search engines.
- Represented the company at a variety of Internet marketing seminars and symposiums.
2). November 2005 to October 2010 Golf Internet Services-New Parkland, CA SEO Analyst
- Created comprehensive metrics and generated web traffic reports based on those metrics.
- Worked closely with marketing partners to develop link building programs for clients.
- Responsible for maintaining SEO guidelines and integrity on each customer website.
3). July 2000 to November 2005 Pique Marketing-New Parkland, CA SEO Analyst
- Developed an initial introduction package for new customers that explained the benefits of good SEO.
- Responsible for regular customer training sessions on how to properly update and utilize their websites.
- Worked with IT group to monitor web services and make them more efficient.
Post-Graduation in E- commerce with excellent knowledge of SEO & Internet Marketing
Social Media Marketer Resume Template
Read: Digital Marketing Career Path
Mobile | Email | LinkedIn URL | Facebook URL
MyPortfolio.com | Blog | Twitter Handle | Instagram URL | Link to download text and PDF resumes
Champion of social media tools and technologies, with a track record of creating and implementing successful social media campaigns. Work closely with clients to develop and execute a proactive, social content calendar, managing all phases digital marketing initiatives from concept through delivery and optimization.
Partial List of Tools (full list available at myportfolio.com)
- Social media channels: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Pinterest, Snapchat, Periscope, YouTube, Vimeo, LinkedIn, Tumblr
- Platforms, tools and analytics: Sprinklr, Salesforce Radian6, SocialOomph, Hootsuite, WordPress, LinkedIn Publishing, Live Writer, Bit.ly, Google Analytics, Clicky, Mint, KISSmetrics
- Software: Camtasia, Audacity, Photoshop, Illustrator, MS Office Suite
- PR/reporting tools: PRWeb, Help a Reporter Out (HARO), PitchEngine
XYZ ASSOCIATES, Sometown, NY | PR firm serving businesses in the greater NY area
Social Media Manager, 2014 to Present
Partner with NYC-based businesses to design and execute social media strategies. Push each brand’s boundaries to effectively leverage social media and digital networks.
Develop and manage online marketing campaigns for diverse industry clients, driving brand awareness, engagement and traffic. Examples:
- ABC Co: Launched ShareAStory campaign, generating 250,000 Twitter mentions.
- DEF Co: Created MyTime campaign and associated hashtag that garnered 10,000 posts across all social networks.
- GHI Co: Implemented SavetheShow campaign following cancellation of XYZ Show, sparking major fan support on social media and leading to the show’s season 3 renewal.
- JKL Co: Introduced Snapchat channel, contributing to company’s goal of appealing to younger demographic. Gained 150,000 followers within three months.
- MNO Co: Led cross-channel marketing strategy using Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat and radio spots to create excitement for product launch; exceeded sales projections by 26%.
ABC UNIVERSITY, Sometown, NY
Bachelor of Arts in Marketing, Minor in Communication Studies
Inbound Marketing Resume Template
AMERICAS NSX INBOUND MARKETING MANAGER
Read: Digital Marketer Roles and Responsibilities
11/2015 – present
- Manage SEM agencies to ensure on-target performance and continued improvement
- Be a teammate. Work in conjunction with all team members across product, business development, account management and engineering
- Manage third party digital vendors, negotiate terms and develop contracts
- Work with internal and external web development resources to drive SEO/SEM strategies and tactics
- Participate in strategic growth planning and develop associated ROI and key performance indicators for departmental lead generation
- Develop internal relationships with brokers, office managers, and Home Office staff
- Continue to iterate and improve inbound marketing activities
GLOBAL INBOUND MARKETING MANAGER
10/2008 – 10/2015
- Represents Marketing functionally on the Core Teams through the various stages of product development, working cooperatively with cross-functional stakeholders
- Works with Outbound Marketing to develop, articulate, and implement product launches
- Supports the Sales and Marketing team to provide guidance and recommendations to develop the Go-to-Market plans
- Develop and execute marketing and commercialization plans for the MDX product portfolio
- Supports the Sales/Customer Training by providing Train-the-Trainer materials and Knowledge Transfer
- Provides clear marketing direction to the Core Team and Product Steering Board
- Plays a leadership role in a multi-disciplinary team for new product development and existing product health
INBOUND MARKETING MANAGER
06/2005 – 09/2008
- Manage all aspects of inbound marketing for the E-business Department
- Optimize existing and create new marketing campaigns
- Coordinate/Develop content for new landing page and email templates
- Manage the company’s social media profiles and presence, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and additional channels that may be deemed relevant
- Improve inbound marketing and lead nurturing funnel process
- Conduct multivariate testing to increase the efficiency of managed campaigns to attract targeted demographic and increase quality conversions
- Manage leagueapps.com website marketing, messaging and design
Digital Marketing Assistant Resume Template
Digital Marketing Fresher Resume Template
First Name Last Name
#Door No, Address First Line, Locality, State, Pincode
+91 00000 00000 ~ [email protected]
A Trained Digital Marketing Enthusiast, great learner and a good team player.
- Possess excellent command over oral and written English
- Habit of meeting or exceeding the project expectation with the stipulated budgets
- Good understanding of how the web advertising works
- Basic understanding of developing websites and blogs
- Loves experimenting, and enjoys improvising
- Demonstrated abilities in resolving bottlenecks and achieving targets
Read: Complete Digital Marketing Career Path - Why & How to Approach it?
- Web Languages: HTML 5, CSS3, jQuery, PHP (Basic)
- Webmasters: Google Search Console, Bing Webmaster
- Local SEO: Google my Business, Bing Local
- Platforms: WordPress, Shopify, Instamojo
- SEO Tools: Google Keyword Tool, Moz Open Site Explorer, Backlink Checker
- SEM Tools: Google Analytics, Ads Planner, Conversion Optimisation
- SMO: Facebook Paid Ads
ABC Digital World, Chennai
Digital Marketing Specialist
- Responsible for working with the clients and understanding their requirements
- Working with the development team in customising landing pages and the flow of information
- Auditing SEO factors and presenting possible opportunities for link building
- Maintaining reports for individual clients and explaining the inferences from analytics
- Arriving at conversion goals by discussing with the project stakeholders
- Achieving the agreed deliverables within the stipulated timelines
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- XYZ College, Chennai
- Certification in Digital Marketing
- CDE Institute, Chennai
Content Marketer Resume Template
To advance my career and enhance my writing skills and become a part of a pool of highly experienced and talented team of researchers, writers, authors, editors, and copywriters.
- Proficiency in design and lay-out of email messages for email marketing
- Goal-oriented, enthusiastic, and the passionate
- Open-minded and highly adaptable to new innovation
- Ability to work for long and extended hours
- Promptness and dedication to work
- Known as a team player who is also able to work without supervision
- Relentlessness and thirst to enhance my technical knowledge and skills
- Extensive knowledge of best practices for content marketing on the internet
- Ability to work under pressure
- Superb skills in copywriting
- Knowledge of PHP and HTML
- Efficiency in researching and documenting sources
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of various blog platforms like Blogger and WordPress
Freelance Web Content Writer, 2011-present
Various online clients
- Write high-quality content articles in various topics such as local politics, ancient cultures, social media, environmental issues, youth, labour issues, and general society
- Edit and rewrite articles assigned from time to time
- Able to source for clients
- Perform extensive web research to collect pertinent data and gather images related to the assigned article
- Search for websites and coordinate with site owners for guest posting opportunities
Research Assistant and Messenger, 2004-2006
University of Wyoming Department of Anthropology, Laramie, WY
- Collect and collate necessary secondary data from both the Internet and data producers for a particular research topic
- Wrote web content for the department’s website
- Search for information and related literature on the assigned topic
- Help coordinate meetings and events at the Department of Anthropology
- In-charge of circulating various reports and minutes of meetings to members of the research team
- To perform other errands assigned by supervisors from time to time
- Advertising, Marketing, and Sales Writing (Online Course)
- Internet Marketing Fundamentals (Online Course)
- Email Marketing, Basic and Advanced
- Advanced Prose Writing
- Persuasive Writing
- Business Writing Skills (Online Course)
- Photo editing using Adobe Photoshop software
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) writing
Get Matched To Your Absolute Career
The templates shown above may give you an idea on how to draft an ideal resume for your digital marketing career. The success in job hunting is not defined by how many resumes you send out, but rather the quality of each’s CV and how relevant is the job at hand. Don’t follow the crowd. Make your own way; the crowd will follow you!
Read: 15+ Digital Marketing Certifications - Cost, Eligibility, Passing Tips
- AWS & Fundamentals of Linux
- Amazon Simple Storage Service
- Elastic Compute Cloud
- Databases Overview & Amazon Route 53
3 days 17 Apr 2021
- Intro to DevOps
- GIT and Maven
- Jenkins & Ansible
- Docker and Cloud Computing
3 days 17 Apr 2021
- Data Science Introduction
- Hadoop and Spark Overview
- Python & Intro to R Programming
- Machine Learning
2 days 16 Apr 2021
- Architecture, HDFS & MapReduce
- Unix Shell & Apache Pig Installation
- HIVE Installation & User-Defined Functions
- SQOOP & Hbase Installation
2 days 16 Apr 2021
- Salesforce Configuration Introduction
- Security & Automation Process
- Sales & Service Cloud
- Apex Programming, SOQL & SOSL
9 days 23 Apr 2021
- Introduction and Software Testing
- Software Test Life Cycle
- Automation Testing and API Testing
- Selenium framework development using Testing
2 days 16 Apr 2021
- BA & Stakeholders Overview
- BPMN, Requirement Elicitation
- BA Tools & Design Documents
- Enterprise Analysis, Agile & Scrum
3 days 17 Apr 2021
MS SQL Server
- Introduction & Database Query
- Programming, Indexes & System Functions
- SSIS Package Development Procedures
- SSRS Report Design
9 days 23 Apr 2021
- Features of Python
- Python Editors and IDEs
- Data types and Variables
- Python File Operation
9 days 23 Apr 2021
- Components of AI
- Categories of Machine Learning
- Recurrent Neural Networks
- Recurrent Neural Networks
16 days 30 Apr 2021
- Introduction to Machine Learning & Python
- Machine Learning: Supervised Learning
- Machine Learning: Unsupervised Learning
9 days 23 Apr 2021
- Introduction to Tableau Desktop
- Data Transformation Methods
- Configuring tableau server
- Integration with R & Hadoop
5 days 19 Apr 2021
Receive Latest Materials and Offers on Digital Marketing Course