Data analysis tools are the survivor heroes for the data-centric organization, these tools do the heroic job of procuring and transforming data in any raw or unstructured form into a usable & readable form. A form that could immensely help organizations get insights into their key customers, resources and industry and stakeholders. There is no denying the fact that “Companies who invest no time, effort & money in the process of retracting meaning from any form of data have full chances of blowing out early from the competition”. These insights further help organizations to take faster key decisions.
No matter if you have or have not deployed the data analysis tool in your business system, in the following guide, we will unfold “what is data analysis tools”, and which popular data analysis tools for research are getting wide adoption this year and why. But before that, let's understand “what is data analysis tools?” - basics first.
What is Data Analysis Tools?
Data Analysis is the process of procuring, transforming and modeling any form of data into sensible information for helping businesses make sound & productive decision-making. So “what is data analysis tools”? Every business produces tons of data every now and then, that data is processed through certain data analysis tools online which helps in creating data reports that are examined and scrutinized by businesses to identify their future decisions or processes to flatten the curve of their businesses complexities.
23 Data Analysis Tools for Research which are Smart, Intuitive & Reasonable to Use
Let’s find out the most popular and purpose-led data analysis tools in researching and extracting value from the data:
- MariaDB is a relational database but it can be used for transactional and analytical purposes both.
- MariaDB helps with transforming any data into structured information in diverse applications.
- The tool’s SQL interface allows easy access to data both in cloud and on-premise environments.
- OpenRefine is one of the data analysis tools online that provide free cleaning & transformation of any form of data.
- The tool was formerly called “Google Refine” and is present in multiple languages for the feasibility of different language speaking Business Analysts.
- It is the most secure analysis tool. Once it cleans the data, the datasets can be extended to external web services.
- The Looker tool comes with smooth & intuitive to use drag and drop UI.
- The tool alone can help with modern visualization, BI (business intelligence), data analysis and management alone.
- The best part about this tool is that it can seamlessly connect with any database be it - Redshift, snowflake.
- The tool has great support for diverse deployment methods and data sources.
- The KNIME tool supports multithreaded & in-memory data processing.
- It makes great use of popular programming languages like Python and R to make robust data science apps.
- Whether you are a beginner or professional business analyst, you will have zero difficulties in understanding its use, as it has easy to use drag-and-drop GUI.
- It is a popular choice amongst organizations & business analysts because of its capacity to produce productive outcomes that too with the power of automated machine learning.
- It is a great choice to enhance collaboration between the teams.
- The tool has a visual workflow designer which is useful for Hadoop and Spark.
- Its in-built security controls and exemption from writing manual codes make it a productive choice for the fast-paced organizations.
- Lexalytics is one of the best data analysis tools for research & transformation of data from customers' end. The tools extract data from their tweets, posts & comments.
- The tool puts real value and meaning to the data using the great mix of NLP, machine learning, and text analytics.
- The tool is effective at gathering the feelings, behavior, attitude, and expectations of the potential or buying customers with ease.
- Orange is one of the open-source data analysis tools online.
- The orange tool helps with presenting the data visuals in the most interactive & interesting way via its machine learning capabilities.
- It’s an open-source tool that stands compatible with all OS - Mac, Windows, Linux.
8. Content Grabber Enterprise
- Content Grabber is an excellent tool by Sequentum that provides some advanced level of data extraction, along with additional capacities to produce, develop & test as well.
- As a cloud-based tool, it is quite complicated to use for beginners but great for someone who is already well-rounded with knowledge on programming and data analysis.
- The tool alone handles multiple tasks like debugging, error handling, data export, scripting and more.
- This tool is divided into two versions one is NodeXL basic and the other one is NodeXL Pro.
- Talking about the basic version of this data analysis tool in research & data transformation - NodeXL, it is a free source and has an impeccable ability to visually & analytically present network graphs inside Microsoft Excel.
- Whereas in NodeXL pro, it has high-power capabilities of AI and sentiment analysis that helps with fetching of social media networks related data.
- Weka is a great tool for conducting multiple data mining.
- Weka is an open-source analysis tool that hosts deep learning and has a great way around with machine learning algorithms to classify, cluster, visualization, regressions, model building, and much more.
- Tableau’s unbelievably fast connectivity to cloud-based and local sources makes insights gathering tasks much easier.
- The tools host an intuitive interface that lets easy performing of data sourcing and analysis in a streamlined workflow.
- Its geospatial and statistical functions make it a worth appreciating choice.
- The tools also house recurring reports with ease.
- Tableau as one of the data analysis tools in research gives effective and well-presented visualizations and analytics.
- Thoughtspot tool’s uniqueness lies in its look and appeal, which is similar to a search engine. Here the data exploration and analytics are much easy & conversational, as it is run by AI.
- The tool parses any request entered and presents it in the most compelling visuals as attractive bar charts.
- The tool extends great in-memory processing, visual data sourcing and back-end cluster management of big data.
13. Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) by Microsoft is another great BI and reporting tool that can very well integrate with the data management stack of Microsoft and SQL services.
- The tool provides the capacity to build the output in spreadsheet format from visualizations & reports.
- The tool supports recurring reports very well.
- The tool comes with a free SQL server and here you can prepare formatted reports in the form of images, charts, data, and graphs.
- Domo is suitable for users with less technical knowledge.
- The tool has more than 500 data connectors & Visual Dataprep interface to greatly support data sourcing and data transformation.
- The tool hosts great Business Intelligence capabilities that make the task of visualization and collaboration between teams much more effective.
- Domo gives equal support to mobile devices and desktop experiences.
15. Power BI
- Power BI is another great tool for data analysis that is an extraction from Excel (it was its plug-in before).
- Power BI supports and has iterative updates each month, to give users better & improved data analysis.
- The tool is divided into 3 licensing versions - one is Power BI free version, second is Power BI Pro version, third is Power BI Premium.
- However, the free version is suitable for someone who doesn't require hard and fast features to data sourcing & transformation, as the free version has missing features compared to pro and premium versions.
- The tool lets anyone do the complex data analysis (just like you write formulas in Excel) due to its robust DAX language and PowerPivot support.
- It is a self-service based data analysis tool that is compatible in use for business suites.
- The tool gives a drag and drop interface that lets designing of a variety of reports very smoothly.
- The tool can integrate with all kinds of databases.
- Its great customization capabilities allow users to create weekly, monthly or annual reports with ease.
- The best thing is, its interface is quite similar to that of MS Excel, so users who know Excel won’t face difficulties.
- The tool hosts a variety of features that allows simplified tasking around report creation & management, report permission assigning, data entry and so on.
- The tool comes with great visualization functions, having a variety of dashboard templates to choose from, along with self-created visual plug-in libraries.
- The tool is very affordable to pockets as well as its all versions are open-source and its personal version is completely free to use.
- Talent is a free source tool that has wizards which make connecting with big data platforms like Spark and Hadoop much easier.
- The business users can easily enable self-service data preparation with its functionality of unique data fabric and integrated toolset.
- The tool makes data preparation much easier for users, it helps users view clean and usable data.
- All in all, Talend as one of the data analysis tools for research is a good choice for data integration projects.
- Sisene offers integrated data analytics platforms for users with the ability to have strong governance over each user role, data levels & objects.
- This is one of the data analysis tools online, that is compatible to function over the private cloud and on-premise environments.
- It offers a streamlined data sourcing & preparation environment to the users.
- The tool uses integration technologies & functions like JS APIs and single sign-on functions.
- The tool provides embedded analytics and gives each user liberty to customize the embedded visualizations with ease.
- Pentaho focuses on IoT data collection and capabilities to blend with different data sources like CRM systems or ERP systems of any business.
- The tool seamlessly connects with big data platforms like Hadoop, and NoSQL.
- The tool provides speedy data collections via its unique metadata injection functionality and great built-in integration with IoT end-points.
- With this you will get a range of visualizations - from simple reports to you will even get complex predictive models.
- This tool also supports embedded analytics.
20 . Dataiku
- Dataiku is very effective at data sourcing and preparation as well as for building predictive models
- The tool can integrate very-well with data mining tools and makes some great visualizations for use.
- The tool hosts a collaborative environment, where team members can work in unison to help each other learn, share and gain together.
- The tool is based on data science and has great feasibility to bring deep analytical use cases, related to spatial analytics, fraud detection, demand forecasting, lifetime value optimization and churn analytics.
- Solver or BI360 suite comes with great support for on-premise and cloud environments and gives dynamic reporting via support of exquisite & modern integrations.
- This easy to handle report writer is excellent for web, mobile and excel interfaces.
- A great tool for finance-related professionals with strong financial reporting capabilities & functions. The users get outputs in diverse layouts and presentation formats.
- The BI360 suite gives integrated budgeting and workflow analytics along with industry-centric templates & layouts.
- After connecting this suite with data sources, you can opt for any template, and get all the outputs displayed on a predefined dashboard.
- QLik comes with speedy insights as it automates data discovery & relationships between different data sources, throughout data sourcing & preparation.
- The tool greatly supports web, mobile and mobile application integration for embedded analytics.
- QLik’s engine automatically acquires the data from all inbound sources and represents only the combined data to the end-user.
- Many users can process from simplified to complex to diverse data sets, as it supports in-memory processing architecture. Its in-memory processing architecture involves - binary indexing, dynamic calculation and more.
- QLik supports RESTful APIs along with JS and HTML5.
- This is one of the oldest data analysis tools in research & data analysis. The tool has an easy time integrating with the OS like Windows, iOS, and Android.
- The tool can easily connect with diverse enterprise systems like ERP, and cloud data vendors.
- The tool gives great emphasis to security and has the support of different BI functions of visualization, data transformation, and user administration.
So this was the guide to “what is data analysis tools?” and many powerful data analysis tools for research and data valuation that every small scale to big chain data-centric organization is vouching for. Above all, the two data analysis tools in research that are taking the data industry by storm are Tableau and Microsoft SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services).
To learn about the best data analysis tools in research, you can enroll for our explicit Data Science Certification Training, Business Analyst Certification Training or to learn specifically about Tableau, you can enroll in our Tableau Certification Training Program. All three training programs will give you an understanding of data analysis tools online, as well as other required knowledge related to data and business management. Our every training program is virtually taught and is supported by experts created course material that’s substantial to clear the certification examination and become certified professionals around data analysis. Confused which one to go for? Explore each course page in explicit and read the course topics to understand the course roadmap and to understand what we exactly teach. You can enroll in our demo classes, you know why? Because they are free!
- AWS & Fundamentals of Linux
- Amazon Simple Storage Service
- Elastic Compute Cloud
- Databases Overview & Amazon Route 53
-1 day 14 Jul 2020
- Intro to DevOps
- GIT and Maven
- Jenkins & Ansible
- Docker and Cloud Computing
16 days 31 Jul 2020
- Data Science Introduction
- Hadoop and Spark Overview
- Python & Intro to R Programming
- Machine Learning
1 day 16 Jul 2020
- Architecture, HDFS & MapReduce
- Unix Shell & Apache Pig Installation
- HIVE Installation & User-Defined Functions
- SQOOP & Hbase Installation
2 days 17 Jul 2020
- Salesforce Configuration Introduction
- Security & Automation Process
- Sales & Service Cloud
- Apex Programming, SOQL & SOSL
0 day 15 Jul 2020
- Introduction and Software Testing
- Software Test Life Cycle
- Automation Testing and API Testing
- Selenium framework development using Testing
9 days 24 Jul 2020
- BA & Stakeholders Overview
- BPMN, Requirement Elicitation
- BA Tools & Design Documents
- Enterprise Analysis, Agile & Scrum
-1 day 14 Jul 2020
MS SQL Server
- Introduction & Database Query
- Programming, Indexes & System Functions
- SSIS Package Development Procedures
- SSRS Report Design
0 day 15 Jul 2020
- Features of Python
- Python Editors and IDEs
- Data types and Variables
- Python File Operation
8 days 23 Jul 2020
- Components of AI
- Categories of Machine Learning
- Recurrent Neural Networks
- Recurrent Neural Networks
-1 day 14 Jul 2020
- Introduction to Machine Learning & Python
- Machine Learning: Supervised Learning
- Machine Learning: Unsupervised Learning
2 days 17 Jul 2020
- Introduction to Tableau Desktop
- Data Transformation Methods
- Configuring tableau server
- Integration with R & Hadoop
8 days 23 Jul 2020
Receive Latest Materials and Offers on Data Analyst Course