There is no shortcut to success!!
As a graduate or a tech professional, staying ahead is the need of the hour. Having the right and latest skills-sets give you a boost of confidence, enhanced job satisfaction, a salary bump, recognition, appreciation, and an improved lifestyle. There is no shortcut to success; receiving professional certification that enhances your skill sets and makes you future-ready is the best way. So if you have not registered yourself for the best professional certification, like azure solutions architect certification, that gives you the edge, it's time to pace up. I will share every detail that will help you make that mark with one of the most in-demand certifications - Azure Solution Architect Certification.
So, what is Microsoft Azure? It is a Cloud Computing service for testing, building, deploying, and managing services and applications by the data centers managed by Microsoft. It is the fastest-growing cloud provider in the current market scenario. The cloud services Azure providers are Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS). Azure supports various programming languages, frameworks, and tools. These tools can be either third-party Software or Microsoft-specific Software and systems.
If you’re curious about how to become an Azure Solution Architect expert, in this blog, we’ll be exploring various aspects of this job position along with how microsoft azure training and certification can help you qualify for Azure certification.
Let’s dig into the world of Azure Solution Architect…..
Who is an Azure Solution Architect?
Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architects have expertise in designing solutions that can run on Azure. This role's responsibilities include advising stakeholders and translating business requirements into secure, scalable, and reliable cloud solutions. An Azure Solution Architect partners with cloud administrators, cloud DBAs, and clients to implement solutions. The role of a Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect needs you to know how to manage decision-making in each area affected.
Let’s have a look at some of the significant roles and responsibilities of an Azure Solution Architect Expert.
Azure Solution Architect Roles And Responsibilities
The job position that you anticipate as a Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect is about Solutions Architect. You need to clear Microsoft Azure Architect Technologies, i.e., AZ-303, and Microsoft Azure Architect Design, i.e., AZ-304 exams, since these are expert-level certifications.
If you can advise stakeholders and translate business needs into secure, dependable, and flexible solutions, consider yourself the best fit for these certifications. This is because it’ll help you to be industry-ready. Along with this, you should also acquire advanced knowledge as well as experience in different IT operations like virtualization, networking, security, etc.
Here we’re sharing some of the key Azure Solution Architect job roles and responsibilities.
- Expertise in offering technical directions and managing a team of one or more than one architects to achieve common objectives.
- Design and develop solutions that fulfill both functional as well as non-functional requirements.
- Create and review artifacts for architecture and design solutions.
- Making sure that architectural standards or principles, including global product-based requirements and utility design standards along with other rules, should be followed.
- Prepare dynamic engineering procedures, standards as well as proven methodology suggestions.
- At the time of the development stage, engineering team guidance and investigations of asbuilt configurations should be provided.
Duties and Responsibilities in Analytical/Decision-Making:
- Examining various architectural solutions depending on their practicality and effect and suggesting recommendations.
- Powerful analytical and technical critical thinking skills are required.
- Capable of thinking and acting at various abstract levels.
- Capable of striking a balance between what is strategic and practical.
After looking at all these duties and responsibilities piled on an average Azure Solutions Architect, you can imagine how such diligent professionals will require loads of tools, and you are right!!
Let’s have a look at the tools that an average Azure Solution Architect would require to succeed
Tools Of Azure Solution Architect Expert
An Azure solutions architect expert collaborates with developers, admins, and other roles that are responsible for deploying solutions on Azure. Here are the tools that an average Azure Solution Architect would require to succeed.
- Proficiently developing cloud environments.
- Being aware of one or more than one of the subjects like - Azure administration, development, or DevOps.
- Knowledge of working with different IT operations, such as budgeting, business continuing activities, management of data, disaster recovery, administration, identity, networking, virtualization, etc.
- Knowledge of carrying out a cost analysis because Azure architects require to assert cloud-related costs to administration and stabilize performance needs against budget restrictions.
- Knowledge of cloud-related concepts like microservices.
- Exceptional communication skills. Azure cloud solutions should cope with teammates, administration, and stakeholders.
A Glimpse of Azure Solution Architect Career Path
In case Microsoft’s products have ever allured you, then we’re sure that Microsoft’s Azure will also charm you similarly. But not just for the aim of using it but rather for building a fully grown career surrounding it.
So if you’re wondering about Microsoft Azure career path or especially plenty of things such as:
- Understand the importance of Key Vault for security purposes on applications.
- Integrate businesses with external service providers such as B2B, B2C, and Azure.
- Use Azure Files for SMB process.
- Pay attention to application architecture on the cloud.
- Design resource groups.
- Identify when it's ideal to use Face API, Language Understandings (LUIS), or Speech API services.
How much does Azure Solution Architect Earn?
- Entry-level positions’ salaries of Azure solution Architect professionals start at an average salary of $8,054 a month.
- Experienced Azure Solutions Architects with 10–19 years of experience can earn an average salary of US$161,699 a year.
- Employees can earn an average total of $210,000/year in their late careers.
Eligibility For Azure Solution Architect Certification
The aspirant for this certification should have advanced experience and knowledge of IT operations, containing networking, virtualization, identity, security, business continuity, disaster recovery, data platforms, and governance.
- If your job role involves advising stakeholders to transform businesses into secure, reliable, and scalable solutions, then you are the best fit for these certifications.
- You must also possess a piece of advanced knowledge and experience across various IT operations such as virtualization, networking, security, etc.
- Candidates should have subject matter expertise in designing and implementing solutions that run on Microsoft Azure, including aspects like security, computing, storage, and network.
- To administer Azure, candidates should have intermediate-level skills
- Understanding of Azure DevOps and what is DevOps life cycle processes.
- Advanced IT operations experience and knowledge are required, along with networking, virtualization, identity, security, business continuity, disaster recovery, data platform, budgeting, and governance.
- This role should manage how decisions in each area affect an overall solution.
- This role should also have expert-level skills in Azure administration and experience with Azure development and DevOps processes.
- This Azure Architect Training course is ideal for IT professionals, cloud solutions architects, experienced Azure administrators, developers, and DevOps professionals.
Prerequisites To Prepare For Azure Solution Architect Certification?
- An Azure solution architect starts the role with experience in the operating system, cloud infrastructure, virtualization, storage structure, governance, and networking.
- It would be best if you had an understanding of VMs, virtual networking, virtual hard disk, and on-promise virtualization technologies.
- Understanding of network configuration and encryption technologies.
- Understanding of active directory concepts.
- Understanding of resilience and disaster recovery.
Azure Solution Architect Certification Learning Path
To grab an Azure Solutions Architect certification, you must pass two exams, AZ-303 and AZ-304.
The AZ-303 exam basically focuses on Azure technologies, whereas the AZ-304 exam mainly focuses on the design aspects.
AZ-303 -Azure Solutions Architect Technologies Certification
Requirements For AZ - 303 Microsoft Azure Solution Architect Technologies
In order to appear for this exam, the candidate should have experience in designing and executing Microsoft Azure systems, along with different IT areas like computing, networking, storing, and security. Candidates must also be capable of managing Azure at an intermediate level and also be knowledgeable about Azure development and DevOps.
Here are a few more requirements -
- Knowledge of Azure Fundamentals
- Understanding of IT technologies
- Experience with architecture and networking environments
- Prior knowledge of the Azure platform
- Familiarity with IT concepts such as web applications, database applications, networking, and Security
- Be in a better position in taking the AZ-303 - Microsoft Azure Architect Technologies exam
- Understand all the details required for understanding the various objectives of the exam.
- Knowledge of on-premises virtualization technologies, including VMs, virtual networking, and virtual hard disks.
- Knowledge of network configuration, including TCP/IP, Domain Name System (DNS), virtual private networks (VPNs), firewalls, and encryption technologies.
- Understanding active directory concepts, domains, domain controllers, Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP), replication, and Kerberos protocol. Also, know what are the main differences between Radius and LDAP.
- Knowledge of disaster recovery and resilience, including backup and restore operations.
Do you possess the above skillsets? Inbox us to guide you further.
How To Prepare For AZ - 303 Certification Exam?
AZ-303, the Azure Solutions Architects Technologies exam, focuses on translating business requirements into secure, scalable, and reliable solutions. The Microsoft Azure training course by JanBask Training includes Azure Cloud - virtualization, automation, networking, storage, identity, security, data platform, and application infrastructure. This course outlines how decisions in each of these areas affect an overall solution.
This course focuses on all topics in depth. You will learn the issues below to prepare AZ-303 exam content and real-time production examples with best practices.
This course is designed in four key sections
- Implement and monitor an Azure Infrastructure (50-55%)
- Implement Management and Security Solutions (25-30%)
- Implement Solutions for Apps (10-15%)
- Implement and Manage Data Platforms (10-15%)
Implement Cloud Infrastructure Monitoring
Monitor security and Monitor performance
- Configure diagnostic settings on resources
- Create a performance baseline for resources
- Monitor for unused resources
- Monitor performance capacity
- Visualize diagnostics data using the azure monitor
Monitor health and availability
- Monitor networking
- Monitor service health
- Monitor spend
- Report on spend
Configure advanced logging
- Implement and configure azure monitor insights, including app insights,
- Networks, containers
- Configure a log analytics workspace
Configure advanced logging - Initiate automated responses by using action groups.
- Configure and manage advanced alerts
- Collect alerts and metrics across multiple subscriptions
- View Alerts in Azure Monitor logs
- NOT: create Log Analytics query
Implement storage accounts
- select storage account options based on a use case
- configure Azure Files and blob storage
- configure network access to the storage account
- implement Shared Access Signatures and access policies
- implement Azure AD authentication for storage
- manage access keys
- implement Azure storage replication
- implement Azure storage account failover
Implement VMs for Windows and Linux
- Configure High Availability
- Configure Storage for VMS
- Select the Virtual Machine size
- Implement Azure Dedicated Hosts
- Deploy and Configure Scale Sets
- Configure Azure Disk Encryption
Automate deployment and configuration of resources
- Save a Deployment as an Azure Resource Manager template
- Modify the Azure Resource Manager template
- Evaluate the location of new resources
- Configure a virtual disk template
- Deploy from a Template
- Manage a Template Library
- Create and execute an Automation Runbook
Implement virtual networking
- Implement VNet to VNet connections
- Implement VNet peering
Implement Azure Active Directory
- Add Custom Domains
- Configure azure ad Identity Protection
- Implement self-service Password Reset
- Implement Conditional Access, including MFA
- Configure user Accounts for MFA
- Configure Fraud Alerts
- Configure bypass options
- Configure trusted IPs
- Configure Verification Methods
- Implement and Manage Guest Accounts
- Manage Multiple Directories
Implement and manage hybrid identities
- Install and configure Azure AD Connect
- Identity Synchronization options
- Configure and manage Password Sync and Password Writeback
- configure Single Sign-On
- use Azure AD Connect Health
2. Implement Management and Security Solutions
Manage workloads in Azure
- Migrate Workloads using Azure Migrate
- Assess infrastructure for Migrate Workloads using Azure Migrate
- Select a Migration Method for Migrate Workloads using Azure Migrate
- Prepare the on-premises for Migration for Migrate Workloads using Azure Migrate
- Recommend target Infrastructure for Migrate Workloads using Azure Migrate
- Implement Azure Backup for VMS
- Implement Disaster Recovery
- Implement Azure Update Management
Implement load balancing and network security
- Implement Azure Load Balancer
- Implement an application gateway
- Implement a Web Application Firewall
- Implement Azure Firewall
- Implement the Azure Front Door Service
- Implement Azure Traffic Manager
- Implement Network Security Groups and Application Security, Groups
- Implement Bastion
Implement and manage Azure governance solutions
- Create and manage a hierarchical structure that contains management groups, subscriptions, and resource groups.
- Assign RBAC roles
- Create a custom RBAC role
- Configure Access to Azure resources by Assigning Roles
- Configure Management Access to Azure
- Interpret effective Permissions
- Set up and perform an Access review
- Implement and Configure an Azure Policy
- Implement and Configure an Azure Blueprint
Manage security for applications
- Implement and Configure KeyVault
- Implement and Configure Managed Identities
- Register and Manage Applications in Azure AD
3. Implement Solutions for Apps
Implement an application infrastructure
- Create and configure Azure App Service
- Create an App Service Web App for Containers
- Create and configure an App Service plan
- Configure an App Service
- Configure Networking for an App Service
- Create and Manage Deployment slots
- Implement Logic Apps
- Implement Azure Functions
Implement container-based applications
- Create a Container Image
- Configure Azure Kubernetes Service
- Publish and Automate Image Deployment to the Azure Container Registry
- Publish a solution on an azure Container Instance
4. Implement and Manage Data Platforms
- Configure Storage Account Tables
- Select Appropriate CosmosDB APIs
- Setup Replicas in CosmosDB
Implement Azure SQL Databases
- Configure Azure SQL Database Settings
- Implement Azure SQL Database Managed Instances
- Configure HA for an Azure SQL Database
- Publish an Azure SQL Database
AZ-303 Certification Path
- AZ 303 exam preparation - introduction
- Getting started with Azure virtual machine
- Advanced VM management in azure
- Introduction to the azure resource manager
- Azure resource manager template
- Introduction to azure storage
- Working with azure storage using power shell
- Introduction to azure virtual networking
- Application load balancing
- Design azure network implementation
- Azure network connectivity
- Manage connectivity with azure network watcher
- Implementing azure network security
- Managing azure subscription
- Design azure identity management
- Implement multi-factor authentication
- Design azure operation
- analyze resource
- Monitor resource
- Optimize azure cost
- Migrate server to azure
- Implement backup
- Design Azure compute infra
- Configure VM and container security
- Introduction to aks
- Cosmos DB
- Exam and certificate preparation
AZ-304 - Azure Solutions Architect Design Certification
For this exam, candidates should have subject matter expertise in implementing and designing solutions that run on Microsoft Azure, including computing, network, storage, and security.
An Azure Solution Architect's responsibilities include advising stakeholders and translating business requirements into secure, scalable, and reliable cloud solutions.
An Azure Solution Architect partners with cloud administrators, cloud DBAs, and clients to implement solutions.
For this exam, the candidate should have advanced experience and knowledge across various aspects of IT operations, including networking, virtualization, identity, security, business continuity, disaster recovery, data management, budgeting, and governance. This role should manage how decisions in each area affect an overall solution. This role should also be proficient in at least one of these Azure knowledge domains: administration, development, or DevOps.
The AZ-304 exam tests your knowledge of five subject areas.
- Design data storage
- Design monitoring
- Design identity and security
- Design business continuity
- Design infrastructure
- People preparing for Microsoft's AZ-304 examination
- Intending for Azure cloud architects
- General knowledge of IT architecture
- Microsoft AZ-303 exam
Microsoft Azure Certification training course will give you knowledge of:
- Design Logging
- Monitoring solutions such as Network watcher, Log Analytics, and Security Center
- Cost Optimization for your environment - implementation
- Design Compute
- Deploy Automation and Configure Resources
- Design and Manage Storage Accounts
- Implement Azure AD and PIM
- Design and Manage Hybrid Identities
- Configure Cloud Infrastructure Monitoring
- Design and Manage Governance Solutions
- Design Load Balancing and Network Security
- Design for High Availability
- Architect Security for Applications
- Design Container-based Applications
- Design Infrastructure
- Design a solution for Backup and Recovery with Azure Backup and ASR
- Application Infrastructure
- Design Data Platforms like Azure SQL
- Design data platforms like CosmosDB
- Design Migrations using Azure Migrate.
How To Crack Microsoft Azure Solution Architect Certification Exam?
Understand The Exam Structure
AZ-304 focuses on practical use cases of Azure technologies. Work on multiple-choice questions, build-list, drag and drop, and performance-based questions.
Practice Key Components
Practice essential components using the Azure portal along with practice tests.
Prepare Exam Schedule, and Practice
- Deploy and configure infrastructure (40–45%)
- Implement workloads and security (25–35%)
- Create and deploy apps (5–10%)
- Implement authentication and secure data (5–10%)
- Develop for the cloud and for Azure storage (15–20%)
- Practice exams and mock questions, final review. Please
Get The Right Resources and Join Forums
Enroll in a certified Microsoft Azure Certification Training platform by JanBask Training, wherein industry experts impart knowledge, and you get the best resources to study.
Where Can You Find Azure Solution Architect Jobs?
As you’re here, you must be interested in a career as an Azure solution architect! if you’re living in the United States or planning to move there in the future, the following are the top five metropolitan areas that offer the most number of cloud-related careers, Azure, or IT-related or Tech jobs, according to Computerworld
- California (with 35,947 tech job openings);
- Texas (27,284 openings);
- New York (16,142);
- Virginia (15,280); and
- Florida (14,015).
For job aspirants who are keen to expand their search to the whole world and narrow the focus to Azure only, Microsoft has occasional job opportunities in the locales listed below:
- The Bay Area, USA
- New York, USA
- Seattle, USA
- Vancouver, Canada
- Sao Paolo, Brazil
- San Jose, Costa Rica
- Mexico City, Mexico
- Reading, UK
- Munich, Germany
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Paris, France
- Beijing, China
- Sydney, Australia
- Tokyo, Japan
The Middle East and Africa
- Dubai, UAE
- Tel Aviv, Israel
- Johannesburg, South Africa
- Istanbul, Turkey
Sample Questions For Azure Solution Architect Certification
Microsoft Azure Solution Architect Certification is a privilege that needs a lot of dedication to grab. It can be challenging if the candidates do not have the proper preparation material to pass the AZ-303 and AZ-304 examinations. Here, we have mentioned some sample questions to guide you on the path.
Share answers in the comment box below so that our Azure training Newcastle experts can guide you with the best course material.
While there are no strict prerequisites to be eligible for the certification, it is best to have the basic knowledge and practical experience of handling cloud networking, storage structures, billing, cloud infrastructures, operating systems, and virtualization.
Azure solutions architect certification is indeed an ideal certification for anyone willing to accelerate their career and gain professional benefits in the long run. For the Azure solutions architect certification path, there are a number of training programs under Azure to choose from. Contact us and let our Microsoft Azure training experts at JanBask Training guide you.
You can share your credential with us so that we can guide you over the exam module and the best course fit.
Q1. How do I become an Azure solution architect?
To get Azure Solutions Architect certification, you need to pass two exams, AZ-303 and AZ-304.
Q2. How difficult is Azure Architect certification?
In conclusion, Microsoft Azure certification exams are quite difficult to achieve but not impossible. A little knowledge and experience can work wonders for you. Moreover, you need to have determination and confidence, which is essential to ace Azure certification.
Q3. Is azure better than AWS?
Both Azure and AWS offer similar IaaS capabilities for virtual machines, networking, and storage. However, Azure provides stronger PaaS capabilities, an important piece of Cloud infrastructure today. Thus, Azure development allows for a 100% focus on innovation
Q4. Can I get a job with Azure certification?
With a Microsoft Azure certification, you may qualify for several different roles in the technology field, such as solution architect, developer, and cloud architect. This type of certification offers not only flexibility in the type of role you work in but also in the industry you work in as well.
Q5. What is the best way to learn the Azure Solution Architect course?
To grab an Azure Solutions Architect certification, you need to pass two exams, AZ-303 and AZ-304. The AZ-303 exam basically focuses on Azure technologies, whereas the AZ-304 exam mainly focuses on the design aspects. It needs tremendous dedication and the right course material and guidance. You should register with a certified training program where industry experts impart knowledge and also provide hands-on experience about the applications
Q6. What is the job assistance program?
With the Job assist program, we will offer extended support for certified learners who are looking for a job switch or starting with their first job. Upon successful completion of the Master’s Program, you will be eligible to apply for this program.
Q7. Resume Building Assistance
- Career Mentoring
- Interview Preparation
- Career Fairs
Q8. What is the difference between AZ 303 and AZ 304?
Implementation versus design. If the AZ-303 and AZ-304 were related to construction worker roles, the worker with the AZ-304 in their toolbelt would design the architectural blueprint; the worker with the AZ-303 would implement the building project.
Q9. How much do exams cost?
Expert and Associate exams typically cost US$165 but are priced according to currency values in specific countries and regions. Exam prices are subject to change. In some countries and regions, additional taxes may apply.
Q10. What is the duration, language, and format of AZ-303: Microsoft Azure Architect Technologies Exam
- Length of Examination: 240 mins
- Number of Questions: 40 to 60 questions(Since Microsoft does not publish this information, the number of exam questions may change without notice.)
- Passing score: 700 / 1000
- Type of Questions: This test format is multiple choice.
- Language: English
- This Exam AZ-300 got expired now and the new AZ-303: Microsoft Azure Architect Technologies Exam has been published now
- AWS & Fundamentals of Linux
- Amazon Simple Storage Service
- Elastic Compute Cloud
- Databases Overview & Amazon Route 53
0 day 25 Sep 2023
- Intro to DevOps
- GIT and Maven
- Jenkins & Ansible
- Docker and Cloud Computing
8 days 03 Oct 2023
- Data Science Introduction
- Hadoop and Spark Overview
- Python & Intro to R Programming
- Machine Learning
4 days 29 Sep 2023
- Architecture, HDFS & MapReduce
- Unix Shell & Apache Pig Installation
- HIVE Installation & User-Defined Functions
- SQOOP & Hbase Installation
4 days 29 Sep 2023
- Salesforce Configuration Introduction
- Security & Automation Process
- Sales & Service Cloud
- Apex Programming, SOQL & SOSL
1 day 26 Sep 2023
- Introduction and Software Testing
- Software Test Life Cycle
- Automation Testing and API Testing
- Selenium framework development using Testing
2 days 27 Sep 2023
- BA & Stakeholders Overview
- BPMN, Requirement Elicitation
- BA Tools & Design Documents
- Enterprise Analysis, Agile & Scrum
5 days 30 Sep 2023
MS SQL Server
- Introduction & Database Query
- Programming, Indexes & System Functions
- SSIS Package Development Procedures
- SSRS Report Design
11 days 06 Oct 2023
- Features of Python
- Python Editors and IDEs
- Data types and Variables
- Python File Operation
4 days 29 Sep 2023
- Components of AI
- Categories of Machine Learning
- Recurrent Neural Networks
- Recurrent Neural Networks
4 days 29 Sep 2023
- Introduction to Machine Learning & Python
- Machine Learning: Supervised Learning
- Machine Learning: Unsupervised Learning
39 days 03 Nov 2023
- Introduction to Tableau Desktop
- Data Transformation Methods
- Configuring tableau server
- Integration with R & Hadoop
4 days 29 Sep 2023
Receive Latest Materials and Offers on Azure Course